Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 4,022 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I(both age 29) will be moving to Collierville/Germantown area in the Spring 2014. We have no children, we both have great jobs, will be getting married in 2014, and do not know anyone in those areas. We will likely rent an apartment somewhere in that area first while I sell my home in MS, but my question is: What are the nicest areas/neighborhoods/subdivisions in Collierville and Germantown that also have enough couples in our age group(25-35 with or without children)?

Also, what churches would you recommend that have a lot of couples in that age group that participate in small groups and/or Sunday school? Guess we are open to any Christian Church that we could make friends at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 AM

473 posts, read 796,945 times
Its hard to beat Bellevue Baptist for the sheer number of classes and connection opportunities. Other popular congregations with a lot of younger people would be Hope Presbyterian and Faith Baptist. If you are looking for something smaller, there are obviously many options in the Memphis. My wife and I attended Faith Baptist for a number of years, but ended up going over to a small local non-denominational church-plant prior to our relocation to STL.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,995 times
There are a couple of very nice apartment homes around the Winchester/Schilling area in Collierville as well as a brand new one on S Shea near Houston Levee right next to the FedEx World Tech Center.

Welcome to the area! Collierville and Germantown are great places to live and we love it here. My wife and I are one year younger than you....we made the move here just a few short years ago. We rented in Memphis but ended up buying in Collierville. There are a lot of couples our age in Collierville (and East Memphis if you go that route).

Westbrook Crossing, Legacy Farms, and Madison and Schilling farms are all pretty good choices for apartment homes or townhouses in that area. Westbrook is actually brand new I think. There's a YMCA nearby and a trail head for the Nonconnah greenway and easy access to shopping, grocery stores, and several great gyms. The Lifetime Fitness on Houston is pretty awesome and the Carriage Crossing outdoor mall is nice.

Last edited by tigerphan; 12-30-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 02:53 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,398,707 times
Especially because you don't have kids, if I were you, I wouldn't rule out the parts of East Memphis that are near Germantown. It's very nice there as well, and most younger people like to be a little closer to the action. G-town and Collierville are both consistently upscale and nice, but they're not all that exciting.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,181 times
Collierville will have a lot more younger couples than Germantown. The neighborhoods East of Byhalia Rd will be full of younger couples due to some smaller and low cost housing. Anywhere in Collierville is nice except for maybe around the Town Square. All of the apartments in Collierville will be a fine choice except Walton Lake and CollierVillage.

As for Germantown, it seems to be full of older people that have been residents for a while. I just bought a house in Germantown with my wife (I also grew up here), and probably 8 out of 10 houses on my street have people over 50. I have a few neighbors that have been there since the 70's when the houses were built. That isn't a bad thing because it's quiet, but there aren't a lot of kids. I think the neighborhoods on the East and West sides of Hacks Cross Rd (South of Poplar Pike Rd, but North of Memphis city limits) in Germantown have more younger people.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM

43 posts, read 166,748 times
Hi, you must not live in North MS, if you did you may already know a lot about the Memphis area Collierville especially has a lot of North Mississippi flavor if you are from South MS you will see some changes especially if you are from the coastal areas that area is pretty progressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis