Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:50 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times

Advertisements

Why is Gtown the furthest from downtown you can stay? Do you mean that you want to stay? There are plenty of other areas further out. Germantown and Collierville are the two "nicest" suburbs.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
I think you're thinking of a different Germantown. The poster is asking about Germantown, Tennessee which would be a very long drive from the District of Columbia.
Doh! Sorry, my bad. Please disregard...I didn't look at the forum header. <slinking away for being a ditz>

Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 AM

19 posts, read 53,454 times
We were given a 30 minute radius from the medical district and told that Collierville is too far out. I have no concept of the distances there and the traffic so I was doing as was recommended. I would also like to live in an area where there is everything relatively close by. - shops, parks, athletic clubs for the kids and so on. Am open to any other suggestions as I've never been to that part of the US before and so don't know whether I'm asking for too much!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 AM

Oh, I get it. So you will be on call and need to be within 30 minutes of the hospital. That makes sense now.

I assume you will be traveling here a few times to check things out? Memphis has a lot of crime, and a lot of bad areas. I would never recommend buying something site unseen. Find a realtor that can help you long distance and then have her line up a dozen or so properties to see one weekend.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 AM

we are coming over next week for a week so we need to get our research done now!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM

Basically anything in Germantown will be fine. East Memphis also has a lot of very upscale areas, big homes, big trees, etc. But you'd be inside the city limits, and I'm not sure if that was something you wanted to avoid. For that matter, you can find big homes downtown on the island, big condos downtown anywhere, huge historic old homes in midtown, etc. But it sounds like you are wanting to be outside of the city (sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the original post)

Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 PM

Thanks for all your help. It is great to find such a lovely lot of people who are so keen to help us out. It is all very appreciated.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 PM

You're right, we are keen!

It's so hard to generalize about Memphis, so if you have any more questions, please ask. You can find a lot of great neighborhoods and good homes, but you have to know where to look and more importantly, where NOT to look

Old 05-13-2008, 04:43 PM

We are currently in town and have a listing of some apartments in the Germantown/Collierville area. Has anyone got any opinions on any of the following apartments whilst also keeping in mind good public elementary schools in the area? Also would anyone have any knowledge about the feasability of moving into any of these apartments with kids?

Bailey Creek apartments
Dogwood Creek
The Madison at Schilling Farms
The Preserve at Forest Creek

Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bags111 View Post
We are currently in town and have a listing of some apartments in the Germantown/Collierville area. Has anyone got any opinions on any of the following apartments whilst also keeping in mind good public elementary schools in the area? Also would anyone have any knowledge about the feasability of moving into any of these apartments with kids?

Bailey Creek apartments
Dogwood Creek
The Madison at Schilling Farms
The Preserve at Forest Creek
I highly recommend the last 2 properties. I have heard of the other two but have no knowledge of them. Also check out Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters for any reviews. The Preserve is a newer, gated community in Collierville located on Forest Hill Irene. Madison SF has a website Madison at Schilling Farms.

.....I went ahead and looked up The Preserve's website for you Preserve at Forest Creek Apartments Good luck and welcome to Memphis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis