Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 PM

173 posts, read 323,522 times

Advertisements

ginsaw-
the reason i think bats are creepy is because when i was three or four, i discovered a downed bat on my pre school's play ground. maybe i was a dumb kid, but i didn't know at that age a wild, nocturnal animal just laying around on the ground was a bad thing. myself and many of my fellow students ended up having to get a whole series of rabies shots-right in the bum! shortly after the one i found, there were several bats that tested for rabies found in olive branch. despite my love of gawth during highschool, i never did learn to like bats and it has only been recently i've been able to appriecate what neat little critters they are...but the bat exhibit at the zoo still irks me. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM

137 posts, read 503,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
We have plenty of them on Central Avenue. I ran over one recently, it was sad

LMAO.....mine are gone in my yard too now...something about the murphy soap, cayenne pepper, caster oil I spread on the lawn to get rid of them and the moles

Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 PM

165 posts, read 461,893 times
They've melted.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:04 PM

455 posts, read 1,559,645 times
Funny this should pop back up. I was just thinking about it while outside watching a squirrel, at precisely 7:45 pm, pretty late for them to be out and about in the city. It was clearly outlined against the evening sky about 50 feet up on a top bare limb of a huge dead sassafras tree. That tree's got maybe a five foot wide trunk. And with a nest of honey bees in a hollowed out limb. Mr. Squrreltail looked very alone up there. The bluejays were still out too, but you know how they're not really very good company. And up much higher the martins were doing their acrobatic dance, on the hunt for mosquitoes hopefully.

Anyway, it's Summer again in Memphis. Don't you just love it.

As for the moles, I flatten down their tunnels by stepping on them. I hear they don't rebuild when you do that. No idea if it's true. But I'm reluctant to bash a mole like many do. They remind me a little too much of this fellow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVXR...eature=related

Old 06-20-2010, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 774 times
Germantown, TN has more squirrels than we know what to do with! They are such a problem in the neighborhoods because they dig up your flower beds and yards. I can't keep pretty containers any more because they will dig up the new plants and throw them out of the planters. I have to re-pot them every day but the flowers go into shock and die. I use to love feeding the birds but the squirrels would empty the feeders in an hour and it got too expensive so I had to quit. Nothing I did would keep them out of the feeders. Now they try to eat their way into our shed because they know that's where I keep the seed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis