Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree View Post
I would definately agree with this.
Definitely. I agree too. We live in a really hard world that is both ugly and beautiful. Sensitive people have the hardest time, and with all that's happening in the world, who can blame us for developing anxiety/panic disorders? It's hard to cope with it all sometimes and for some of us we reach a breaking point and end up with this disorder.

Sending love and hugs to all,
tao

Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times
Gem, how is your husband feeling now? Better I hope.

I agree that "our" type of people are very sensitive, caring, and loyal people. Somtimes to a fault. I seem to take the weight of the world on my shoulders, my hubby always says no wonder why you have panic attacks. I try to "fix" anything and everything around me. When someone is in pain, I am in pain...etc. As tao says, the world is an ugly place and a beautiful place. I tend to focus on the ugly Why, I dont know.

handitak, how did the doctor appt go? Is your sons temp back to normal? I am so sorry you were let down by someone you love. I understand what you mean about trusting people. Once that has been broken, to me, it is the hardest thing to get back. There is always that fear that they will do something else to hurt you. I am glad you are dealing with it in a postive way. By knowing it is their problem.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM

159 posts, read 599,924 times
hey all

baby seems better today, I ended up not taking him to the dr, wanted to give him 24 hours, and being that my 12 yr old just got sick last fri with a 102 fever and I was ill over the weekend with the same symptoms: fever, runny nose, sneezing, I figured it was a safe bet thats what it was too.

not to mention he was toddling around and eating and drinking. He FINALLY slept through the night and the fever is down considerably today!

As for the people who hurt me, I WOULD write about it all here, but, I am trying to learn to not air dirty laundry with people, no matter HOW MUCH they hurt me and I want to let others know how I was treated -- probably for affirmation that I was indeed wronged. So I am trying to take the high rd.

if you are really interested I will write privately to you : )

Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Handitak, so glad to hear that the baby is better today! They know how to thrill us and scare us, don't they?

Suzet, thanks for asking about DH. He is recovering from his surgery right on schedule. We get the results from his recent tests on Mon. Hopefully, the tests will show no traces of cancer.

I think that we all have the tendency to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders, Suzet, just as you said. As a result, the world fares much better, but we have anxiety attacks! I wouldn't change my nurturing and caring side for anything, even if it meant that I would forever be stress and anxiety free. I need to help as much as those around need the help. So, there you have it. We have to learn to adapt to our personality traits.

Handitak, I understand your reluctance to unburden to others. I think this is another thing quite typical of those who suffer panic/anxiety disorder. We tend to keep our concerns and hurts bottled up so that we don't "bother" anyone with it. We are a bottle of champagne (very good champagne!) with the cork about ready to pop.

What I have found useful when I have something that I just have to talk about and get out of my system is to write either in a journal or a letter to the person that has hurt me. I have only once mailed such a letter, but have written untold numbers of them. I don't have to mail them to recover from the hurt. The telling of it does that for me. You might want to try a journal. It is very cleansing. Tuck it away where you know no one else will find it, so you feel safe with you thoughts.

Mystree, tao, handitak and suzet, I hope you all have a peaceful happy weekend ahead of you. I will be thinking of you all until I visit again.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Thanks gem keeper, PLEASE let us know how your husband is doing, we are all pulling for him!

I took the baby to the DR this afternoon, if I didnt, my anxiety would go through the roof and I would start worrying. He had fluid in his ear, and by the time she saw him, he had green crap coming out his eye, so he is on antibiotics for his eye and one for his ear. Lets hope he is better tomorrow.

Funnily enough, I DID write a letter and told the lady how much she hurt me, and that I thought of them as family, and being shoved out the door after ALLLL the effort I put in was hurtful. I was basically told, tough, its HER theater company, and tough poopie on me.

Sending the letter was a mistake, I will never lay my soul open again like that. I will never go out of my way to do somethig for someone else, because ultimately, I get stomped all over. This occurance has only happened since I moved to the west coast, I didnt have issues like this on the East coast -- go figure.

Now, I am completly shut off again, and it hurts -- it really hurts, but at the end of the day, I know I did a good thing, and she will realise one day what she lost when she shoved me out the door.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:51 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I think I can see where the statement that sensetive people are the ones with this problem.
I just wonder did the sensetivity come first or did the external pressure bring about the sensetivity.

I had to learn to hide my sensetivity, my feelings because in my family showing this invited attack.

Its hard now that I am away from them, to let it show. I still feel like I have to hide. Its difficult for me to seperate the world in general from my family. Intellectually I know that the world isn't all like my family but from an emotional side, its hard to remember that. Its hard to open up to people.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:29 PM

Its hard for me NOT to be vulnerable with peeople and let them in and use me, and because I 'care" get walked all over.

This never really happened when I lived on the east coast, i have only had it happen here.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,152 times
Default Someone Help Please

I dont know if this is a panic attack or something else, Yesterday after a busy stressfull day at work. I came home and ate to much for dinner. about 45 mins after dinner I started to feel my heart race so i took my blood presseure with my electronic monitor. My BP was 130/74 but my heart rate was 130, after I seen my heart rate was so high i started to kind of panic, i went and laid down but continued to monitor my heart rate. It reached as high as 146 while laying down, and lasted for 2-3 hours. This has happened to me 2 times this month and it always seems to happen after a stressfull day at work, and both times it occured I had skipped lunch because I was to busy at work, and both times I overate at dinner. I have always had a fairly high heart rate (around 100bpm) but this really scared me. My wife thinks that with my new found stress at work along with eating wrong, triggered a panic attack. Has anyone else had these symptoms??

Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times
Hi bill, welcome to the forum. It is hard to say for sure as we arent doctors here, but with that said, being in a stressful situation and not eatting for me, has caused me to have a panic attack. Eatting for me has been a huge trigger, and no one knows why. I can be perfectly fine, then go and eat lunch and bam, I am hit with a panic attack. I have been tested for everything under the sun, and my doctor hasnt been able to find out why that is.

Panic symptoms are pretty much the same for everyone, some have them to a different degree of severity than another person, but we all have the same things. What triggers them to come on can be the same too. Obviously being in a stressful situation helps bring them on. Lack of not eatting, and the drop of blood sugar can cause symptoms of a panic attack. For you it could be a one time thing. I would pay attention to how you are feeling everyday, and see if the anxious panicy feelings come back. If not, then more than likey it was a one time thing as I said. If you find that you are anxious everyday, then please go see your doctor. As you need to address this right away. Good luck to you bill. If you have anymore questions please feel free to post again. We have a lot of great folks on here to offer advice or to just listen to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill25 View Post
I dont know if this is a panic attack or something else, Yesterday after a busy stressfull day at work. I came home and ate to much for dinner. about 45 mins after dinner I started to feel my heart race so i took my blood presseure with my electronic monitor. My BP was 130/74 but my heart rate was 130, after I seen my heart rate was so high i started to kind of panic, i went and laid down but continued to monitor my heart rate. It reached as high as 146 while laying down, and lasted for 2-3 hours. This has happened to me 2 times this month and it always seems to happen after a stressfull day at work, and both times it occured I had skipped lunch because I was to busy at work, and both times I overate at dinner. I have always had a fairly high heart rate (around 100bpm) but this really scared me. My wife thinks that with my new found stress at work along with eating wrong, triggered a panic attack. Has anyone else had these symptoms??

Old 04-16-2008, 10:12 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
I've also wondered if some panic attacks are hormonal induced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health