Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 08:57 AM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Your post is rather confusing. You admit you need that special quiet time in the mornings. You stated that when you applied for jobs you put you are not available before noon.

Then--you want someone to be courteous when you ask a question in the morning and you get a sour response. No respect for their "peace and quiet" time.

Some people need time to wake up. I am a morning person, I get up 90 minutes before I have to leave for work to have my quiet time. 99% of the time I am alone. Every so often my son or husband happens to still be awake and wants to have a conversation--has a question, as you say, "needs to be answered". No, just no. I am not ready for that level in "my" mornings. I get up early to adjust my mind to a new day. I have been sleeping for 7-8 hours, I need time to adjust. Slow, quiet morning. There is no question that "needs to be answered" during my peace and quiet morning. Give me time--I am not grouchy, I just need some quiet time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad Arktikos that your wife realized she needed to alter her behavior somewhat.

I'm not chatty in the morning. I too want peace and quiet like some others here (Sonic and others). When I applied for jobs recently I put that I was not available before noon. I need that special quiet me time because for me, mornings are magical.

I love the early morning with birds singing, and the cool air, and things being peaceful and quiet. It's really a downer when you ask a question that needs to be asked and you get a sour response. I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to be courteous. It's not like I'm trying to have a conversation.

As for being kept up late by a night owl, my body literally crashes so good luck keeping me awake! But I don't snark at people trying to keep me awake. And I've only experienced that a few times.
The first bolded part is what I originally wrote in italics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 08:58 AM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Has it occurred to you that maybe it wasn't about not being a morning person, that just maybe they were simply azzhats?
Oh yeah LOL.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:06 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,139,106 times
I am the first born in a family of 7. I am 1 year, 1 month and 1 day older than the next sibling, and I have 4 siblings all together. I don't know what it's like to be an only child, or to have peace and quiet in a family. I learned early, that if I wanted quiet, I had to get up before anyone else. Consequently, I'm an early bird, but I like my peace. I'm NOT a Chatty Cathy in the morning, and if I had my druthers, no one would talk to me until I'm done with my cup of coffee.

When we were in our 20's, one of my sisters and I lived together. One morning, we were both getting ready for work, and in the bathroom at the same time. She's just chit chatting away. I had to ask her to stop, it was just too early for all this conversation. She was a little miffed at me, but she got over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health