Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:28 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,341,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I watched the video. If I hadn't I would not have posted it.

And yes, Mexico is a country with inferior people. If they were not. Than it would not be as messed up as it is.

Then this logic (or lack of) would mean the U.S. has inferior people or it wouldn't be as messed up as it is by producing uneducated, prejudiced, bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM

155 posts, read 360,564 times
Quote:
All what I meant is that Mexico needs to solve this inequality thing out.
Just like any other country in the world. Mexico and the US have the same gini index (inequality index).

Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geree View Post
Just like any other country in the world. Mexico and the US have the same gini index (inequality index).
I'm not gay, but same sex marriage is legally performed in D.F. and Satillo. Same sex marriage is given the same rights as traditional marriage throughout Mexico. That's one up on the U.S.

Calderon is trying to sign up every eligible person for health care under Seguro Popular, even us foreigners are eligible, It pays 100% of medical treatment including dental and vision. That's two up on the U.S.

Mexico doesn't have a death penalty. That's three up.

Mexico doesn't have life sentences. It thinks people can change or get too old to commit crimes. That's four up.

Mexico doesn't allow incompetent, bad doctors to keep practicing medicine and maiming patients, they go to prison. That's five up.

Mexico doesn't have the race problems that are found in the U.S. That's six up.

Mexico's economy is healthy. Like Canada, it didn't gamble on worthless U.S. mortgages. That's seven up.

Mexican bankers would never get involved in the greed the U.S. experienced with it's Wall Street bankers. They would be in prison. That's eight up.

The list goes on and on but eventually, someday, the U.S. will catch up to Mexico.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post

The list goes on and on but eventually, someday, the U.S. will catch up to Mexico.
Sometimes, the US does actually catch up. Forty years after Mexico abolished slavery, the US finally saw the light, and did what Mexico had done. But not until the US invaded Mexico to take Texas away from Mexico, in order to re-establish slavery there.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:17 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
I'm not gay, but same sex marriage is legally performed in D.F. and Satillo. Same sex marriage is given the same rights as traditional marriage throughout Mexico. That's one up on the U.S.

Calderon is trying to sign up every eligible person for health care under Seguro Popular, even us foreigners are eligible, It pays 100% of medical treatment including dental and vision. That's two up on the U.S.

Mexico doesn't have life sentences. It thinks people can change or get too old to commit crimes. That's four up.

Mexico doesn't allow incompetent, bad doctors to keep practicing medicine and maiming patients, they go to prison. That's five up.

Mexico's economy is healthy. Like Canada, it didn't gamble on worthless U.S. mortgages. That's seven up.

Mexican bankers would never get involved in the greed the U.S. experienced with it's Wall Street bankers. They would be in prison. That's eight up.

Seriously?

Let's see Mexico's has some of the dirtiest water available for drinking.

Mexico health care is one of the worse in the world.

Mexico has a ridiculous amount of corruption in the police, federal police, justice system, etc. Its not like here where every now and then you have a politician or public servant stealing from tax payer money. In Mexico, you have the army and federal police and police setting up their own criminal gangs and kidnapping, etc. So who can the people turn to?

Carlos Slim the wealthiest man in the world bought telemex for a bargain price because the President was corrupt. Did either one go to prison? Nope.

There is too much and I won't bother. But its pretty funny that you tried to make it look like Mexico was somewhere near the level of the USA. Not in this century.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,796 times
Quote:

*Loved* your right on target post but couldn't rep you again! Your most recent detractor clearly does not know Mexico or its culture or its past and present at all. You are correct about the economy, right about the health care system, etc. Sadly and admitedly Mexico's corruption problems are real - and everyone knows it. But one would also have to acknowlege that in the US, corruption has more or less been legalized in the form of exhorbidant, [now] limitless campaign contributions to our elected lawmakers from corporations and bankers, desirous of laws that favor their companies. Which is more egregious?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Seriously?

Let's see Mexico's has some of the dirtiest water available for drinking.

Mexico health care is one of the worse in the world.

Mexico has a ridiculous amount of corruption in the police, federal police, justice system, etc. Its not like here where every now and then you have a politician or public servant stealing from tax payer money. In Mexico, you have the army and federal police and police setting up their own criminal gangs and kidnapping, etc. So who can the people turn to?

Carlos Slim the wealthiest man in the world bought telemex for a bargain price because the President was corrupt. Did either one go to prison? Nope.

There is too much and I won't bother. But its pretty funny that you tried to make it look like Mexico was somewhere near the level of the USA. Not in this century.
Many areas in Mexico have potable water.

You really don't know anything about Mexico is you think its medical is one of the worst in the world. I know many Canadians who live here full time and they don't return to Canada every 6 months in order to keep their Canadian medical because they prefer Mexican doctors and hospitals to their Canadian medical.

You will not meet foreigners who live in Mexico who do not love the medical treatment they receive here. I haven't talked to one person over the age of 60, who has had orthopedic surgery, who didn't brag about his/her doctors and treatment. I've never talked to anyone in the states who had orthopedic surgery in the states who was thrilled with it. They healed slower in the states and were not up and walking around within days like they are here.

The foreigners who live here are not the poor who would rely on Medicaid in the states. They are people who can afford the best health care in the world, who live in million dollar homes.

You don't know anything about Mexico or its health care system.

I'm not always happy with Telmex (not telemex) but foreigners who have lived here longer than me say the telephone system improved astronomically under Slim. Why should Slim or anyone else go to jail because Slim bought a rotten telephone company and turned it around?

Mexico is having corruption problems within its law enforcement and Calderon is turning it around. The drug problem is fairly new and has overwhelmed judicial and law enforcement institutions.

The U.S. has more people in prison than any other country in the world. It has too many innocent people jailed and their lives ruined. I don't think the U.S. vindictiveness and vengefulness is the path to follow.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Many areas in Mexico have potable water.

You really don't know anything about Mexico is you think its medical is one of the worst in the world. I know many Canadians who live here full time and they don't return to Canada every 6 months in order to keep their Canadian medical because they prefer Mexican doctors and hospitals to their Canadian medical.

You will not meet foreigners who live in Mexico who do not love the medical treatment they receive here. I haven't talked to one person over the age of 60, who has had orthopedic surgery, who didn't brag about his/her doctors and treatment. I've never talked to anyone in the states who had orthopedic surgery in the states who was thrilled with it. They healed slower in the states and were not up and walking around within days like they are here.

The foreigners who live here are not the poor who would rely on Medicaid in the states. They are people who can afford the best health care in the world, who live in million dollar homes.

You don't know anything about Mexico or its health care system.

I'm not always happy with Telmex (not telemex) but foreigners who have lived here longer than me say the telephone system improved astronomically under Slim. Why should Slim or anyone else go to jail because Slim bought a rotten telephone company and turned it around?

Mexico is having corruption problems within its law enforcement and Calderon is turning it around. The drug problem is fairly new and has overwhelmed judicial and law enforcement institutions.

The U.S. has more people in prison than any other country in the world. It has too many innocent people jailed and their lives ruined. I don't think the U.S. vindictiveness and vengefulness is the path to follow.
You really don't know anything on a market based economy. Those with money CAN AFFORD THE BEST. So it has nothing to do with Mexico having a better health care system overall. It has everything to do with MONEY. And yes, most MEXICANS are poor. You are silly.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
You really don't know anything on a market based economy. Those with money CAN AFFORD THE BEST. So it has nothing to do with Mexico having a better health care system overall. It has everything to do with MONEY. And yes, most MEXICANS are poor. You are silly.
I'll try to explain it to you again, I wrote that the people with money, foreigners who live in Mexico, can afford the best medical care and they pay for medical care in Mexico because they think it is the best.

Americans like myself who have Medicare would rather pay out of pocket for medical care in Mexico than go back to the U.S. We cannot all afford the best, like travel extensively for treatment, but no matter the size of one's pocket book, Mexican doctors as a rule are superior to U.S. doctors.

Poor Mexicans also receive the same level of medical care usually from the same doctors we foreigners see.

Quote:
You are silly.
I'm not silly and neither am I dyslexic nor ignorant about the country of Mexico.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 PM

70 posts, read 129,524 times
Quote:
wow how profound:" Those with money CAN AFFORD THE BEST" ... the expert in economics...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico