Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 06:30 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Because on television and other media the ideal of beauty is white skin.
I do not think that is true. Everyone wants to get tan. And when I see black people being advertised at least here in the states it looks like the took a white persons face and photoshopped it to be black and gave it an Afro. That black people I see in ads do not usually look like any black person I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
are you kidding?
it's a world-wide phenomenon.
Caucasians/Europeans have been dominating the world for many hundreds of years.
Their tastes, likes, preferences, views, thoughts are sure to be intertwined, indoctrinated into society.

ie. have you ever seen Thai Soap Operas? all their stars are half breeds.
ie. have you see the plastic surgery craze in Korea? they all want to look white.
ie. Africans bleach their skin to become lighter. have you seen Sammy Sosa lately?

it's not fair to pick on Latin America when they're actually much better than most countries in terms of race relations.
Are you serious indoctrinated?!?!?! That is so untrue!!! I believe people find white people attractive. I do not buy the idea that whites people have indoctrinated the world!! I cannot believe people would be so easy to get brainwashed into wanting to look white because they seem them on TV. This is so silly! How are whites in Asia indoctrinating the Asians to want to look white. This belief white are some evil race is really sickening. Whites are just evil people out to take control of the world, and manipulating it at every opportunity they get.. The left seems to think every time whites are sucsefull is because some type of oppression, some type of indoctrination, some type of racism, some type of homophobic ness, etc. Could white skin just be more attractive to some people? Just like white people always trying to tan? Maybe they like white skin cause it's unique to them, just like tan skin is unique to Anglo whites. No that couldn't be true, tan people must be indoctrinating Anglo whites to want to be tan then, that is if we use the above logic.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:41 PM

If the views of all this tv didn't like seeing the "white" faces why do they watch it? They must not mind it. Here in the states if you don't like seeing the "white" faces they have chanels that you can watch instead.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:41 AM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover1998 View Post
Why does Mexico's government leaders, and business leaders look white, I know most Mexicans are part white, but these influential people look pure white. They don't look like the Mexicans coming across the border. Is it just like the phenomenon in America where most whites are more "successful" than the native people? Is this true across South America? Is there a racial divide in South America similar to the one in the USA?
This is something Americans need to understand!

Mexico had European migration in the 19th and 20th centuries!

Particularly the Spaniards and French!

The ones who are illegal in the the U.S. Tend to come from the Southern parts of Mexico where it is the most underdeveloped and has the most Amerindian ancestry over there.

Sadly, Mexico is a racist country toward those who have much more Amerindian blood.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:13 AM

143 posts, read 192,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Whites are just evil people out to take control of the world, and manipulating it at every opportunity they get.. The left seems to think every time whites are sucsefull is because some type of oppression, some type of indoctrination, some type of racism, some type of homophobic ness, etc. Could white skin just be more attractive to some people? Just like white people always trying to tan? Maybe they like white skin cause it's unique to them, just like tan skin is unique to Anglo whites. No that couldn't be true, tan people must be indoctrinating Anglo whites to want to be tan then, that is if we use the above logic.
do you respect your boss?
do you respect your parents?
do you respect people who are rich?
doesn't it amaze you to meet billionaires?

You don't think your environment, school, television indoctrinates people?
what is propaganda?

im not saying White People aren't attractive.
but you have to step back and look at things deeper.

Quote:
Whites are just evil people out to take control of the world
You can call it what you will, but White People have been invading, slaughtering, occupying, and stealing people, lands for many hundreds of years. It's still going on today, but well disguised.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:23 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,949 times
Quote:
I do not think that is true. Everyone wants to get tan.
I was referring to the case of Mexico where television is private and there is a marked preference for people with white skin.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
do you respect your boss?
do you respect your parents?
do you respect people who are rich?
doesn't it amaze you to meet billionaires?

what is propaganda?

im not saying White People aren't attractive.
but you have to step back and look at things deeper.

You can call it what you will, but White People have been invading, slaughtering, occupying, and stealing people, lands for many hundreds of years. It's still going on today, but well disguised.
And we are the only people who do that? Get real!!! That's what ALL people have been doing for their whole existence! You must have been brainwashed into thinking whites are the only people that do that... Take a look at 10 of the most deadly conflicts 6/10 of them are non white. And a good amount were in CHINA... So you shouldn't be saying that.

Whites for whatever reason are just really successful. Africa is pretty bad in most places, one place that has a lot of advancements, and infrastructure is South Africa. Why? Could it have been what the British and remaining white people did? Why was no other African country ever to become anything? Why are most Asian countries nothing besides the East Asians ones? East Asians and whites are just sucsesfull as a whole and I do not buy it is because of their privilege! How were they originally able to start such great countries but no one else?

Old 06-13-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
And we are the only people who do that? Get real!!! That's what ALL people have been doing for their whole existence! You must have been brainwashed into thinking whites are the only people that do that... Take a look at 10 of the most deadly conflicts 6/10 of them are non white. And a good amount were in CHINA... So you shouldn't be saying that.

Whites for whatever reason are just really successful. Africa is pretty bad in most places, one place that has a lot of advancements, and infrastructure is South Africa. Why? Could it have been what the British and remaining white people did? Why was no other African country ever to become anything? Why are most Asian countries nothing besides the East Asians ones? East Asians and whites are just sucsesfull as a whole and I do not buy it is because of their privilege! How were they originally able to start such great countries but no one else?
You're comment is kind of off-topic.
this is about Mexican Elites/Media and why they tend to look white.

ie.
Quote:
what is propaganda?
If you want to discuss the atrocities of White People, please start a new thread and i'll be more than happy to indulge.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:36 PM

984 posts, read 1,314,827 times
I find there to be a huge racial segregation in Mexico...........the whiter the skin the better with Mezitos next, and Indigenous dead last.

When I was watching the morning TV programs I half thought I was watching Norwegian TV with all the fair skinned people.

There are always exceptions but Mexico gives me the very distinct impression that having fair skin is a near necessity to join the elites.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
I find there to be a huge racial segregation in Mexico...........the whiter the skin the better with Mezitos next, and Indigenous dead last.

When I was watching the morning TV programs I half thought I was watching Norwegian TV with all the fair skinned people.

There are always exceptions but Mexico gives me the very distinct impression that having fair skin is a near necessity to join the elites.
i don't notice any segregation.
maybe it's because i don't think like that or just haven't looked for it?
but whereever i've been.. it's just Mexicans.
and honestly.. i didn't even know what Mezitos was.

however, before coming here..
i read from a lot of places that Mexicans will snitch on you quicker than you can blink an eye.
i thought that was just a rumor or racial prejudice used to justify the bad treatment of immigrants.
until i moved here..
unfortunately.. it's true.
Mexicans complain about being singled out or treated differently in the US,
well they do it to people here.
and they'll even talk about you in their own language.

my last job i was fired due to snitching from a Mexican co-employee. (American Deportee!)
On my way out, i let the whole place know what he did by calling him a Snitch in front of everyone.
I told him straight up: we don't do that were im from.

The Boss (Ray) and 2 Other Mexican Co-Employees (Chino, and Alexus.. yep a dude w/a girl's name) were involved. 2 were American Deportees w/Felony convictions. I figured if anyone would know not to Snitch, it would be them. . boy was i mistaken. The Boss didn't like me from the Get-Go because i didn't look Mexican enough. He even talked about me in Spanish and played Asian Mockery videos (Ray edited/made these videos) during meetings. Something i've never experienced in the US. That was outright Racism in my face, i was speechless. There were about 20 people in the conference room, all Mexicans except me... and everyone staring/laughing at me while that video was playing.

There are a few more instances of Snitching but i'll leave it at that.
Unless the situation calls for it.

So the next time Mexicans complain about it in the US,
tell them you do it to other people too.. stop complaining.

FYI: my brother-in-law is Mexican.. so im not Racist.

Last edited by SeanOLee; 06-14-2016 at 04:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico