Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,229,314 times

Advertisements

I thought he was killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,783,470 times
we can all speculate but perhaps it was one of those gang initiations - you know what I mean. I was poking fun earlier but if this is happening regularly - I would venture to think that the only thing the victims have in common are being in the wrong place at the wrong time and these thugs are doing some kind of initiation or ritual - it is just trash!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,206,872 times
Lol @ Colombian "tourists".

Old 08-04-2010, 03:50 PM

683 posts, read 1,472,461 times
Colombian tourists aka drug dealers

Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,042,285 times
Something like 80% of homocides are from someone you know, or someone that order the murder. So most likely this was not random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
we can all speculate but perhaps it was one of those gang initiations - you know what I mean. I was poking fun earlier but if this is happening regularly - I would venture to think that the only thing the victims have in common are being in the wrong place at the wrong time and these thugs are doing some kind of initiation or ritual - it is just trash!
Those type of things like flashing your lights to a car that has no headlights and those people shot and the people who flashed their lights, or someone is going to be killed in wal mart etc.. All urban myths. Highly doubt many gangs ask people to kill somone.
www.snopes.com

Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 AM

798 posts, read 1,466,785 times
Default Stop labeling ppl because their country background

U won't like to hear what other countries think about americans nowadays. U wouldn't say the same, if they had been Americans. The fact is that this city is turning more hazardous more and more, and whoever could shut on u just because u didn't like him/her.
There still are decent people from Colombian who loves to come to Miami for vacations.

Last edited by angelscorpio; 08-05-2010 at 11:34 AM..

Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,783,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Something like 80% of homocides are from someone you know, or someone that order the murder. So most likely this was not random.

Those type of things like flashing your lights to a car that has no headlights and those people shot and the people who flashed their lights, or someone is going to be killed in wal mart etc.. All urban myths. Highly doubt many gangs ask people to kill somone.
www.snopes.com

Fair enough - I will just disagree - as it has happened in NY with the kids trying to get into the Bloods or Crips - not so much the latin based gangs - as they (in my experience) prefer knives and cutting people's face. Is the term "buck 50" familiar to anyone? If so you know exactly what I am talking about.

Anyway, my point simply is just stating that he is colombian and then assuming it is drug related as saying all crime is caused by black and hispanic people. It is just too broad a statment for me. Did I think it of course because that is what we have been programmed more or less to believe, but after you thinkg rationally - you know that it could be random.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,042,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
U won't like to hear what other countries think about americans nowadays. U wouldn't say the same, if they had been Americans. The fact is that this city is turning more hazardous more and more, and whoever could shut on u just because u didn't like him/her.
There still are decent people from Colombian who loves to come to Miami for vacations.
Miami crime rate is way down and it keeps going down every year. The state of Florida crime rate is at something around a 30 year low. So if that sounds more dangerous well I guess so.

It was most likely not random. But maybe it was. If it were two americans I would have said the same thing it being most likely not random since thats what homocide facts state. Unless it was a couple from the suburbs of Denver. Not because they are white or american because someone from Columbia is much more likely to know someone in Miami or be involved with something in Miami then someone from Kansas etc.. Thats demographics speaking not sterotyping.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,079,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
It was most likely not random. But maybe it was. If it were two americans I would have said the same thing it being most likely not random since thats what homocide facts state. Unless it was a couple from the suburbs of Denver. Not because they are white or american because someone from Columbia is much more likely to know someone in Miami or be involved with something in Miami then someone from Kansas etc.. Thats demographics speaking not sterotyping.
Sorry but that is stereotyping. There is no such thing as demographics speaking, most Colombians that travel here don't come to deal drugs. Besides you don't know the nationality of the shooters, just the victims, and unless there is more evidence that they were involved in drugs we shouldn't be making those kind of assumptions about the victims.

It's Colombia with an O, not Columbia. I guess you don't know much about that country, other than stereotypes.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 AM

534 posts, read 2,413,280 times
Just another day in the 305!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami