Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times

Advertisements

You get so defensive about being a Miamian that you feel entitled to school others when in reality, I bet, you only know your black neighborhoods, which are the most ignored and low key neighborhoods of Miami. Have you ever heard of the term "alienated"? Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but black neighborhoods fall under that term.

There is a reason why you are frustrated, my African American friend. Black neighborhoods in Miami are alienated, ignored and looked down upon, that you resent the fact that Miami in the eyes of the world means "Latin" and not "Native Southern" or whatever term you want to use.

Your feelings are understandable, however... just don't get this social resentment eat you inside. Go to the Miccosukee reservation and make some Native American friends... i'm sure they will understand your frustration.

On another note, the majority of Hatians are black, period. Yes, there are white and mulatto Hatians, just like there are Bolivians of Asian ancestry and such. I never stated otherwise... I'm sure Haiti as a country had other minor migrations from Europe, I understand that.

As far as facial features go, not all black people are the same, I think that's noticeable to some extent by everyone, but that doesn't mean a black person ceases to be black just because he doesn't look 100% African American.

Maybe you can pick one or two differences apart from the regular southern African American, but that's because you see black people everyday. Not every non-black person has the "black goggles", if you know what I mean, bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 08:17 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,907 times

Old 09-08-2013, 08:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtown_Miami
You could "lump" them in with us bcuz you see the color of their skin, but unless you see jewish ppl as white, don't call them black.

The only people who don't view Jews as white are white supremacist neo-Nazis.

If you listen to THEM, there are 5 white people in all the world, and they all live in a village in Norway.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtown_Miami 17 View Post
Nope. Not black, just dark skinned and they don't have black facial features, we can easily tell haitians apart from other dark ppl in miami. Majority ain't necessarily black, just like everywhere else the light skinned-white haitians have more money and are beret off than the darker shade ones. They don't stay in the same areas. 9/10 if you're poor and haitian in miami, then you're dark skinned, and they of course live and populate the majority in little haiti.

You not schooling a dade county city of miami born native on what goes on down here.
Look at the photos on the link below, entitled Portraits of Haitians in Miami. Most have features similar to many AA people. I agree there can be differences, but that's also true with AA people with regard to features and color.

When renting a place in Corals Gables or any city they look at ones employment and credit history and assess their ability to make the payments. That holds true no matter the color of the applicant. Complain if you feel you were treated poorly.

Portraits Of Haitians In Miami : The Picture Show : NPR

Old 09-12-2013, 04:37 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,732,892 times
This reminds me of a story, a real liberal told me of a summer he spent at an IVY LEAGUE school back in late 60's, early 70's. As profs often do, for summer work, he stayed with a family. One day, the lady of the house stated, basically, "I don't know why you southerners cant get along with black (not sure of term back them) people. Up here they stay on their side of town, we stay on ours, and everyone gets along."

Swear to God. Never forgot that, and this list tends to prove it, 50 years later.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
And NYC which is the melting pot, diverse city of the world is #3, these types of articles and polls are so dumb.
FlyMIA

I am from NYC, and let me assure you, NYC is VERY segregated, but it is by choice. People cluster in their own neighborhoods in NYC. Sometimes you get some over lap but for the most part groups cluster, thats just how it works up there. Also, people vary rarely leave their neighborhoods unless they have to, like for work or whatever. I know people who grow up in Bed-stuy Brooklyn and have NEVER left their neighborhood to do much in other areas of the city. I remember one year Hassidic jews were jumping blacks for walking through their section of Crown Heights. I know of two black men who were killed one Christmas in a Italian neighborhood. But again, its by choice (generally speaking). Although I have heard of blacks and mixed couples being denied approval to move into buildings in Manhattan because they were black. Where as, I don't think that would happen as much here in Miami.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:31 PM

169 posts, read 310,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
You get so defensive about being a Miamian that you feel entitled to school others when in reality, I bet, you only know your black neighborhoods, which are the most ignored and low key neighborhoods of Miami. Have you ever heard of the term "alienated"? Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but black neighborhoods fall under that term.

There is a reason why you are frustrated, my African American friend. Black neighborhoods in Miami are alienated, ignored and looked down upon, that you resent the fact that Miami in the eyes of the world means "Latin" and not "Native Southern" or whatever term you want to use.

Your feelings are understandable, however... just don't get this social resentment eat you inside. Go to the Miccosukee reservation and make some Native American friends... i'm sure they will understand your frustration.

On another note, the majority of Hatians are black, period. Yes, there are white and mulatto Hatians, just like there are Bolivians of Asian ancestry and such. I never stated otherwise... I'm sure Haiti as a country had other minor migrations from Europe, I understand that.

As far as facial features go, not all black people are the same, I think that's noticeable to some extent by everyone, but that doesn't mean a black person ceases to be black just because he doesn't look 100% African American.

Maybe you can pick one or two differences apart from the regular southern African American, but that's because you see black people everyday. Not every non-black person has the "black goggles", if you know what I mean, bro.

You pretty much got everything wrong. White ppl founded haiti btw.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 PM

You guys be hiding man, we barely see yall.
The few I did see in school were book smart as hell tho.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The only people who don't view Jews as white are white supremacist neo-Nazis.

If you listen to THEM, there are 5 white people in all the world, and they all live in a village in Norway.
And white ppl in general in miami.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Look at the photos on the link below, entitled Portraits of Haitians in Miami. Most have features similar to many AA people. I agree there can be differences, but that's also true with AA people with regard to features and color.

When renting a place in Corals Gables or any city they look at ones employment and credit history and assess their ability to make the payments. That holds true no matter the color of the applicant. Complain if you feel you were treated poorly.

Portraits Of Haitians In Miami : The Picture Show : NPR
You look at pictures on the internet, I live in miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami