Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 02:14 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
does cruising mean anything to ya?

Holy Jeezafritz! That was the answer I was hoping NOT to hear.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 AM

491 posts, read 748,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Youre missing the point ; nudity anywhere...especially at a public beach, is going to attract sex addicts, sex perverts, and practically any age Male including Teenagers... who want a peek for a turn on and its just a matter of time before one of them decides to stalk the Nudist Woman with unpretty motives.

Its quite surprising that Women arnt more concerned about their welfare as well as their dignity and self respect. Further, its going to degrade the neighborhood or City the Nude Beach is in.

The things which a few of us have mentioned in this Thread regarding a Womans safety isnt rocket-science you know ; whenever an absolute moral law is veto'd by ones moral conscience, there are consequences sooner or later as a direct action of the irresponsibility --- this holds true for all of us . We have a moral conscience for a good reason...namely to protect us and allow us to make good choices.

As for putting down 'puritanism' ... I know you totally believe in high Morals because you EXPECT others to treat you according to them in a social or business situation. Am I correct on this Sir ? Thank you.
That is the biggest load of crap I have heard. Do you have any evidence of this or are you just spewing your male hatred around.Just keep being paranoid and spreading stereotypes about men to make you feel like you are safe.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM

140 posts, read 508,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover
Youre missing the point ; nudity anywhere...especially at a public beach, is going to attract sex addicts, sex perverts, and practically any age Male including Teenagers... who want a peek for a turn on and its just a matter of time before one of them decides to stalk the Nudist Woman with unpretty motives.

I haven't read all the preceding posts, but i have to respond to the quote above. I often go to haulover. I am female, and sometimes I go by myself. I just don't like tan lines, don't like tanning salons, and enjoy the occasional freedom of not wearing clothing. I also enjoy looking at other nude bodies, but if that's the criteria for being a "sex pervert", then anyone who enjoyed seeing Michelangelo's David or Venus de Milo would be a "sex pervert".

People who say things like "nudity is going to attract sex perverts" probably have never been to Haulover. This is like saying "the internet attracts sex perverts." Yes, I'm sure there are sex perverts there, but as a woman I feel quite safe at Haulover.

First, my guess is 50% of the men at Haulover are interested in other men. They don't even look at women, much less harrass them. There are lots of middle aged hippies who vigorously enforce the rules of conduct. In all my years, I've only seen one "incident" where a beachgoer was "enhancing" himself under his beach umbrella to impress other male beachgoers. The beach patrol was alerted and he was removed. No big deal. I've never seen a fight or some of the other kinds of incidents you see at other beaches.

I have probably been hit on two or three times at Haulover, and always more respectfully than at a "normal" beach. Otherwise, beachgoers leave you alone. The ogling teenagers tend to come out in groups over school holidays, are mostly girls not boys, and can be easily avoided by avoiding school holidays.

There is ample security, and no reason to fear being "stalked" unless you are paranoid.

In addition, Haulover is a HUGE tourist attraction that attracts visitors from Naples and other parts of Florida, as well as a huge number of Canadian and German tourists. It doesn't "degrade the neighborhood" but actually enhances it.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Princ3s--Everyone in Miami knows that 10th street on Miami Beach is the topless area so pipe down..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,202 times
Now that we're mentioning 'those middle age hippies that vigorously enforce the rules', it has been my experience at nude beaches, that there seem to be a lot more Nudie Prudies than Nudie Lewdies. It's almost a liability (as in "BOOoooRIIIINNNNGG!!!!!!!) It would be far more interesting if there was a bit of randy stuff.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,853 times
Wow! This has been an interesting thread. My first encounter at a nude beach was in October 2008. My husband and I went to Couples Negril in Jamaica and we went natural at a couples only nude beach. I found that at that beach, people tend to be very relaxed and really nice. We're Americans from California and I too thought I was a prude but after this experience, I found it to be quite liberating. I'm a fat chick and folks welcomed me there with no issues.

My second encounter was at Haulover Beach this past August 2009. I went to Miami with a friend and we went to South Beach...it was ok but we decided to go to Haulover instead...let's just say I spent the rest of my Miami vacation on the Haulover beach. I found the beach people to have formed some kind of community. They were mostly men...mostly gay men, couples and a few single ladies. The people were so friendly that folks offered us soft drinks and snacks if we wanted to have some. We made conversation with a few ladies and some men there from all over the world. I didn't feel intimidated at all..again..I'm a fat chick and sometimes fat is not accepted on South Beach but at Haulover, I felt right at home. Then again, I'm the kind of person who will have my blinds open and I'll be standing there buck naked!

A lot of people on here complaining about it. My advice to you is don't go! Leave Haulover and other beaches like these to folks that want to frequent them. Some try to make this out as a religious thing.....please...I'm as religious as they get!! It's Sunday and I'm about to go to church very soon! I don't even see this as a morality issue. We place too much emphasis on things being sexual when they aren't (look at breast..aren't they for feeding babies!!!). I mean, as a woman, I saw plenty of male parts out there but not one time did I see anything that was erotic or explicit in nature. I saw couples in love who were enjoying the water and sun, I saw women reading their books on the beach getting even tans (I'm black so tanning not required!!!), also saw men just sipping on beer and listening to their Ipods. All types were there.

I think to experience this will change you. I thought I was a prude.....guess not!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Eagle^ View Post
gulp.

Vampires??!
Yup, I've seen 'em many a time - even had 'em over my house threatening to suck my blood were I to fall asleep. Spooky fun!

More often though around Miami I see more zombies than vampires.

I ran a few werewolves here and there too. Two showed up at a Ocean Dr sidewalk cafe and ruined everybody's lunch.

There used to be a lot of mummies, but not so much anymore.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
One thing nobodies has mentioned is that Miami Beach is only one beach among probably 100000 in the USA. If the human body curdles your blood, go to Sarasota for chrissakes. Miami has been renowned as a haven for decadence since it's inception. If you don't like the wildlife, don't visit the jungle!

And the whole bit about nudity causing rape is patently absurd. Experts on rape know rape is not about sex it's about violence. Worried about perverts and sex addicts? Well yeah, then don't go to SoBe, because SoBe is bursting with sex crazed freaks, which is exactly why I loved it so much. I mean if anyone is a perverted sex addict it's me, but that does not mean I'm going to be rude or unbecoming to a bashful person! I just flock together with birds of my feather.

And really, the nudity thing is just quite irrelevant imo. Most people look better dressed than undressed imo, and I don't think I ever gawked at someone just because she was nude. A truly attractive woman in a dress will garner my attention over a not so attractive nude.

Although I will say I have a few occasions where I was walking down the beach just hoping by chance some ridculously gorgeous Brazilian beach goddess might await me with a big welcoming smile only to find that such was indeed the case. God bless Miami!

And don't forget - Miami's city anthem is "Me So Horny"! If you can't deal with it, book your flight for South Carolina.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
And the whole bit about nudity causing rape is patently absurd. Experts on rape know rape is not about sex it's about violence.
There is a lot of evidence out there that proves the contrary, that rape is about sex not about power or violence. That is an urban myth that the liberal feminist created. But to be fair most rape cases involve alcohol or drugs so the beach is probably much safer than night clubs as long as women don't drink heavily or do drugs and there are plenty of people around them.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:15 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
There is a lot of evidence out there that proves the contrary, that rape is about sex not about power or violence. That is an urban myth that the liberal feminist created. But to be fair most rape cases involve alcohol or drugs so the beach is probably much safer than night clubs as long as women don't drink heavily or do drugs and there are plenty of people around them.
Well-said.

On the beach, just like anywhere else, there are SOCIAL NORMS at play...meaning, you don't want to be creepy or weird or whatever else. So, I think, people are on their best behavior. Plus, the creepy guys give off the vibes right away, so people would tune into that, and avoid that person right away - particularly when absolutely sober, etc.

It really is when people are drinking and drunk and partying...they aren't aware of the creepy guy lingering around, etc. who might take advantage of that situation.

To me, it seems MUCH safer at a beach, even a nude beach, than any club or bar. For that matter, many bars/clubs have riff-raff hanging around outside as well, far more threatening at night than the daytime beach in broad daylight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami