Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:32 PM

249 posts, read 419,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Where did I imply that they were repressed? They just don't share the social characteristics as white Cubans. The reasons are left for debate.
Saying left out to me made it seem like you were implying that the White Cubans were keeping them out of politics. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 11:02 AM

36 posts, read 35,042 times
During the flight that started in 1959..Castro blocked the exit of black middle class.

The black middle class existing in Cuba was considered a success, there were many doctors, professionals, musicians. The black middle class and rich blacks, yes, there were rich blacks, were thoroughly destroyed by the communist regime.

For the castroite propaganda..."all blacks were living in trees and we made them come down and teach them how to read and write"....Any rich or educated black educated by capitalism was a blow against propaganda.

Castro also criminalized blacks, started by their graffity against Batista, which was mulatto, the graffity always portrayed him as an ape, an orangutan. Batista's closest henchmen (they were angels compared to what came afer) were blacks and they were shot in television.

Batista had a large mulatto following, as he was mulatto, those people had to transform rapidly or die.

A racist song against Batista

Amalia Batista
Amalia bay hombre
Que tiene esa negra
Que mata a los hombres

Last edited by Apis2015; 09-12-2015 at 11:12 AM..

Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdread View Post
There are tons of Cuban politicians in Miami, yet they never let their Black countrymen in that arena. The Black Cubans I've met in Miami live in traditional Black neighborhoods like Carol City and Liberty City. However I am now seeing more in Hialeah. Is there any spot in Miami where Black Cubans congregate? I know things were bad between the "races" back in Cuba...and with the US history of segregation it is continued here without a doubt. I've read about the "silent" Black Cuban community. What's the deal with the white, mixed and Black Cubans in Miami? Do they even socialize with each other or are completely separate? I know plenty of white Cubans and never have I seen them with a Black Cuban friend or even mention interaction with Black Cubans.
I dont know how many black Cubans in Miami you met, but until the mariel and not long ago, there weren't many black Cubans in Miami...and right now the % of black cubans in Miami is Extremely Extremely slow..because black Cubans are mostly Commies and loved Castro ( not anymore) The reason Cuban politicians are all white is because We Cubans are mostly White socially in Miam/Florida area....I can say that out of the 1.2 Million Cubans in Florida, not even 10,000 are Black...and if i really have to come up with a number i can easily say , they are more like 5000 So dont start any Racial thing against the Cuban politicians because u have no Facts or the numbers to do it...if people dont go to School and dont get Masters and more..there is no way they can ever be politicians as u said.....another reason why Black cubans are soon behind in everything in miami is because most of them came late......the big flow of cubans came in the early 60's and they were like 98% white....the " blacks cubans stayed in cuba with Castro and now are coming a little bit more, after being commies for over 55 years....saludos hermano

Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM

249 posts, read 419,705 times
^ I agree with the notion that his argument is silly because there few black cubans to begin with but really dont have to defend politicians in general because theyre all scumbags.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:35 PM

305 posts, read 294,876 times
What about mixed Cubans?

Old 12-27-2020, 06:49 PM

772 posts, read 1,142,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazz12 View Post
What about mixed Cubans?

Cubans by definition are mixed and brown-skinned Cubans are the majority in Miami--don't buy this assertion about how 90% of the Cubans in Miami are white. There is a sizeable white Cuban--and white Hispanic--population in Miami, for sure. However, a lot of the ones that put white on their Census forms don't look like true European Hispanics.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 PM

18 posts, read 12,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Cubans by definition are mixed and brown-skinned Cubans are the majority in Miami--don't buy this assertion about how 90% of the Cubans in Miami are white. There is a sizeable white Cuban--and white Hispanic--population in Miami, for sure. However, a lot of the ones that put white on their Census forms don't look like true European Hispanics.

Out of curiosity do you think Marco Rubio looks European or looks brown?

Old 12-28-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivaltolife1234 View Post
Out of curiosity do you think Marco Rubio looks European or looks brown?

Light brown. Neither Europeans nor white Americans look like that. But does he have considerably more European ancestry than he has African and indigenous? For sure.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:11 PM

18 posts, read 12,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Light brown. Neither Europeans nor white Americans look like that. But does he have considerably more European ancestry than he has African and indigenous? For sure.

Actually, he looks European to me. Have you been to Spain or Italy? Have you seen that not all Nordics look white? Alicia Vikander (I forgot her name) is Swedish. Marco Rubio is actually white. He is not pale white, but he is olive skin toned white. There's different tonalities to white. It's not just pale skin. By your standard then some British people are also not white either, and they are 100% European descent. In fact, there are pictures in the Tampa newspaper where is standing under the sun with Trump near him, and there are not that far apart in shades. And I say this as someone that has Germanic ancestry. And I say this as someone that doesn't agree with him politically, but he's white. Even Celtics had different shades of white tonality, Colin Farrel.

Last edited by carnivaltolife1234; 12-29-2020 at 11:25 PM..

Old 12-30-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivaltolife1234 View Post
Actually, he looks European to me. Have you been to Spain or Italy? Have you seen that not all Nordics look white? Alicia Vikander (I forgot her name) is Swedish. Marco Rubio is actually white. He is not pale white, but he is olive skin toned white. There's different tonalities to white. It's not just pale skin. By your standard then some British people are also not white either, and they are 100% European descent. In fact, there are pictures in the Tampa newspaper where is standing under the sun with Trump near him, and there are not that far apart in shades. And I say this as someone that has Germanic ancestry. And I say this as someone that doesn't agree with him politically, but he's white. Even Celtics had different shades of white tonality, Colin Farrel.

As soon as I look at someone who looks like that I see the person as Hispanic. And it's not just because of his hue. There are obviously darker people that I would not see as Hispanic.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing how much African ancestry he has according to one of the DNA testing companies. I'll bet you it's considerably more than many of the darker Europeans.

But this obviously begs the question: Are all native Europeans "white"? I think there are people who would argue that, for instance, not all Sicilians are truly white.

But please don't misunderstand me. I don't pretend to be correct from a scientific or philosophical standpoint. My point here is that I, in my own subjective perception as to what race is, don't see Rubio as a white Hispanic. But I have certainly seen other Cubans and Hispanics--a lot of them--in Miami that I subjectively view as white Hispanics.

Because race is illogical I'll stop here. The more I try to justify a concept that has no logical validity, the more ignorant I'm starting to sound. As this discussion tends to indicate, there is no universally true standard of race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami