Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM

6 posts, read 69,041 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm from Germany and I am planning to include a visit to Miami next year during Spring Break. Does many people come there for partying during Spring Break? And does it start there?

Can you recommend any hotels?

I am looking forward to your answers!

Greetings from Germany

PS: I apologize for my bad and simple English
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
March is the month of spring breaks for students.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,956 times
Key West is more of a spring break destination for college students. The island is relatively small, so the party atmosphere is not as spread out in different places. You basically hit Duval Street and your in the middle of it all.
As far as hotels, I would book something within walking distance of Duval street. You don't want to drive after a night of partying and some of the hotels that offer shuttles to Duval Street only run them until 10 or 11pm. My personal favorite place to stay in KW is Albury Court. Their prices are reasonable and it's only about a 15 minute walk to Duval Street. Also, the Heron House bed and breakfast is run by German speaking people, so that might be a good option for you to check into.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
First question is you are 21 years old or older right??

Second yes plenty of people are in Miami Beach for spring break.

Pick a hotel on Collins Ave or Ocean Drive for the best location. It should be south of 25th street and in the city of Miami Beach for the best locations. Those will also be the most expensive locations.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 69,041 times
Thank you for your recommendations!

Yes, me and my buddy are both 23. I was told that the only problem in this age is renting a car because it would be very expensive. But probably we would stay in one location so we don't need one.

I think the laws of our countries also distinguish a little bit. So in the United States you are for example not allowed to drink alcohol in public, am I right? Are there another laws oder rules, a tourist better has to know befor visiting your country?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
To answer your Fort Lauderdale question, the Chamber of Commerce wants nothing anymore to do with spring breakers as they wreck the rooms at hotels that they stay in so they basically put a deterrent on it.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkomaniac View Post
Thank you for your recommendations!

Yes, me and my buddy are both 23. I was told that the only problem in this age is renting a car because it would be very expensive. But probably we would stay in one location so we don't need one.

I think the laws of our countries also distinguish a little bit. So in the United States you are for example not allowed to drink alcohol in public, am I right? Are there another laws oder rules, a tourist better has to know befor visiting your country?

You can't have open containers of alcohol in the car, and you can't drive a car after you've been drinking.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
You can't have open containers of alcohol in the car, and you can't drive a car after you've been drinking.
I think most countries know you can't drink and drive. In my experience DUIs are much more serious in Europe as they should be.

Rental cars will be more expensive but it's not terrible. If you don't rent a car you need to stay in the South Beach area. As for alcohol yes you can't drink a beer can or bottle but you can drink something like an alcoholic frozen drink as long as it is in a plastic cup. Also non glass alcohol is allowed on many beaches.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,190,229 times
Stay in south beach and you won't need a car. It is also full of spring breakers during much of March. Book early as prices are high and availability low for that month. Re. alcohol on the beach, it is not legal on any beach in Miami Beach, but often overlooked if you don't cause a disturbance and don't use glass containers.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 AM

317 posts, read 576,479 times
Ahh yes, Miami-Dade County does support us alcoholics and those who enjoy getting hammered.

State law prohibits selling of alcohol between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m., unless the county chooses to change the operating hours later; such as for Sunday morning; Ormond Beach stays open until 7pm on Sundays. Miami-Dade County liquor stores may operate 24 hours a day.

And for everything else...

Sale, processing, or consumption of any liquor or spirit of greater than 153 proof is illegal. (FSS 565.07) No retail sale of wine in containers larger than 1 gallon. FS 564.05 Supermarkets and other licensed business establishments may sell beer, low-alcohol liquors, and wine. Liquor must be sold in dedicated liquor stores which may be in a separate part of a grocery or a drug store. Beer must be sold in quantities of 32 or fewer ounces or greater than 1 gallon. Forty- and 64-ounce beverages are illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami