Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:12 PM

124 posts, read 698,496 times

Advertisements

formerly known as carol city but now miami gardens... is the robberys and shootings in this area really that severe??? i've heard of many people fearing for their life in the carol mart.. i know this is the area right between norland and carol city high, two of the most dangerous schools in the state, and right next to the carol city gardens apartments but bad is it really considering the rest of miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
oh yeah ! It's very bad there....no exaggeration. The fire engine (Squirt 11) located on SW 27 ave has been ranked as one of the busiest engine co.'s in the entire United States. The area is JUNK. Trust me on this one.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:30 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Yes it is as bad as you have heard. You will hear a lot of horror stories (and tragedies) from those two high schools especially. There are many other areas you can live in nearby that are much more liveable and cost about the same.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:55 PM

60 posts, read 284,263 times
Yes it's bad. This is the bad area you hear about all the time. I would suggest you stay away. It's not that bad if you are comparing it to the ghettos of Overtown or Liberty City. I would venture to say that Miami is really not that dangerous if it weren't for the Miami Gardens/Carol City area you are talking about, Opa Locka, Liberty City, Cutler Ridge, Overtown and parts of North Miami. Miami is a huge Metropolitan area and the bulk of the crime occurs in these areas you mentioned above.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 PM

124 posts, read 698,496 times
yea ive heard a lot of "horror stories" about 183rd, specifically norland and carol city high school kids

Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 14,359 times
um excuse me people! i dnt like this at all. its very offensive to the people that live in these cities, such as opa-locka, like myself. im black first of all. but lemme sound intelligent so yall wnt think im "ignorant".first of all, carol city and norland are not dangerous schools. they are just regular schools just like any other school. i mean yea bad things have happened there, but bad things have also happened in other schools. like dillard in broward for example. when the young girl was shot. and other schools where children have obtained knives and such weapons. you dont have to walk the halls afraid for your lives. and second of all, i have resided in opa-locka since the day i was born and nothing has ever happened to me! and i have walked around in liberty city plenty of times. in fact my father's house is there and i go all the time. im not excusing the killings robberys or drug dealings, but dont judge or diss somethin if you have never even experienced it or if you just heard about things and not gone. lauderdale81ave " ive heard alot of horror stories about 183rd"? sorry but that sounds really stupid. so how about yall stop bein so ignorant and dissin these places, saying that miami would be better off without them.(that was really offensive by the way) these cities have been around forever and are a huge part of miami's history. crime happens everywhere in this state, this country, and the world for that matter! and f.y.i the only people that fear for their lives in carol mart are probably white people. no offense. yall wudn't last one day in these areas...thats not a threat by the way, just and assurance. duces an im out. yall sleep. yea dats slang. and what!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 PM

149 posts, read 562,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la-lasupreme View Post
um excuse me people! i dnt like this at all. its very offensive to the people that live in these cities, such as opa-locka, like myself. im black first of all. but lemme sound intelligent so yall wnt think im "ignorant".first of all, carol city and norland are not dangerous schools. they are just regular schools just like any other school. i mean yea bad things have happened there, but bad things have also happened in other schools. like dillard in broward for example. when the young girl was shot. and other schools where children have obtained knives and such weapons. you dont have to walk the halls afraid for your lives. and second of all, i have resided in opa-locka since the day i was born and nothing has ever happened to me! and i have walked around in liberty city plenty of times. in fact my father's house is there and i go all the time. im not excusing the killings robberys or drug dealings, but dont judge or diss somethin if you have never even experienced it or if you just heard about things and not gone. lauderdale81ave " ive heard alot of horror stories about 183rd"? sorry but that sounds really stupid. so how about yall stop bein so ignorant and dissin these places, saying that miami would be better off without them.(that was really offensive by the way) these cities have been around forever and are a huge part of miami's history. crime happens everywhere in this state, this country, and the world for that matter! and f.y.i the only people that fear for their lives in carol mart are probably white people. no offense. yall wudn't last one day in these areas...thats not a threat by the way, just and assurance. duces an im out. yall sleep. yea dats slang. and what!

Perfect! I was trying to think of a response but you were on point with that comment.

Carol Mart is what it is. Its a flea market. A place where you can buy discount clothes, jewelry, music and get a haircut. Nothing scary about it. You also got the Oakland Park Flea Market on MLK and Oakland Park Blvd. in Broward and the 45th Street Flea Market in West Palm.

These flea markets are catered to a certain culture and demographic. If your not used to it of course your going to feel out of place. Its no need to bash the honest, hard working, good people that live there just because a handful of hard heads from surrounding areas play cowboys and indians with real guns. There are people that own stores in those flea markets and get up and work everyday just like everybody else.

Last edited by DCkid; 01-29-2009 at 04:43 PM..

Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,772 times
Nice Job D.C. Miami Gardens has made HUGE strides since incorporating and things will only get better. It is only a VERY SMALL percentage of the population there causing the grief in the city. The vast majority of citizens are hard working decent people.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Nice Job D.C. Miami Gardens has made HUGE strides since incorporating and things will only get better. It is only a VERY SMALL percentage of the population there causing the grief in the city. The vast majority of citizens are hard working decent people.
Yea O.K... When you see soccer moms driving mini vans with chrome rims, and liquor stores and burned out/abandoned beauty botiques and fish restaurants lining the streets you know you are in a ghetto.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:00 PM

640 posts, read 1,823,289 times
Fish restaurants? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami