Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM

91 posts, read 151,942 times

Advertisements

one area that i know of that is NOT SAFE AT ALL to live in is opa-locka.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,657 times
LOL... "safe" and "Miami" don't go together on the same sentence.

My friend got robbed and pimp slapped by some illegal alien (didn't speack any English at all, just said stuff like "give money *****") in SOUTH BEACH. People were everywhere/

What are you thinking?! LOL "Safe place sin Miami area"... LOL

Try Liberty City... VERY NICE town! LOL hehehe j/k

Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Default Wow

I'm thinking that "safe Miami neighborhood" is an oxymoron.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm thinking that "safe Miami neighborhood" is an oxymoron.
Totally! They never been down to South Florida!

Good one HikNapster!!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:41 PM

Lonely Chicagoan thinks that there is no drugs in SW Florida because the drug boats must crash on the reefs! My head hurts!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Lonely Chicagoan thinks that there is no drugs in SW Florida because the drug boats must crash on the reefs! My head hurts!
"LonelyChicagoan" should be renamed "LOONEYChicagoan". What is he smoking?

Dude, south Florida is a dump, man. Crack is everywhere. Liberty city, Miami-Dade... oh man. So much crack and pills on the street, it is hard to stop and ask for directions without someone thinking you are buying dope!! LOL

Oh and get this, I asked this one cop outside Miami-Dade for directions and he pretty much spoke no English at all. He thought I was trying to find a hotel, while I needed to find a street! LOL

Chris

Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 PM

Welcome to the third world. And no one is doing anything about it. Last time I checked, it is still America.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Welcome to the third world. And no one is doing anything about it. Last time I checked, it is still America.
HikNapster... Out of curiosity....since FL is becoming Southern California (and we are begining to see signs of that with skyrocketing violent crime, 42 muders in Orlando this year alone, high home prices, absurd insurance costs, massive traffic jams and road rage, wages that are not keeping up with cost of living), then why stay or move here?

If you are moving or staying here for the "nice weather", yeah, you will enjoy it from Early-Dec to Mid-April. Dec - April is WONDERFUL in Central FL, but the rest of the year sucks. The rest of the year is 90 - 100 degrees every day. Don't believe me, ask around. If you are from like Phoenix or south Texas, yeah, FL weather will feel like home, except it is humid as heck.

Humidity is usually no less than 90% almost every day, so you sweat like an animal. It starts off at 75 degrees around 7:30am and it goes up to the sky from there. Usually the highs are in the 90s, but with the humidity (heat index) is around 101... I have seen it go up to 110 degrees! Nights are not too bad... except the humidity keeps the temp on the upper 80s and low 90's. Oh, don't forget the rain from May - Sept, which is twice a day (usually from 10am - 11am and from 3pm-4pm). That will get annoying too... folks drive at 5 MPH when it rains... you will love it.

Interstate 4 (I-4) will be your best friend! You will spend lots and lots of time stuck in traffic on I-4. Oh and if you get hit by one of our thousands of illegal aliens with no license, no insurance, they will bolt on you, so make sure you get the guy's plate #, if you can. My wife works Personal Injury and it happens all the time. Too often... Americans are dumb and refuse to force the government to enforce Immigration laws. Corporations will love the "guest worker" amnesty. So will the illegals, who steal people's identity, rip-off welfare and overuse our public services. Not to mention the heinous crimes the illegals commit. Anyways...

I know, you say "I prefer that than to deal with the crazy heat than snow 3 months of the year". We will see about that when you begin complaining about the heat every single day and night, sweating and getting angry at people on the streets cause of the heat. Think Orlando hit #1 of America's angriest cities for no reason?

http://www.travel-rants.com/2006/08/...ty-in-america/

Believe it not, but Orlando has been voted the US angriest city by Men’s Health Magazine – it’s interesting that four of the top 10 cities are all in Florida, and here’s you, thinking that Florida was full of jolly Disney characters and thrilling theme parks! Oh, the illegal aliens are great too. Nobody speaks English and they sell crack near public schools. It is lovely.

Good luck moving down here suckers... I mean FOLKS!! I hope you will all enjoy it. I am out of FL March 2007! 10 years in Orlando is long enough, I am tired of it. Had a house, sold a house, rented an apt, worked, gone to Disney (twice), gone to the beach a few times... time 2 go! Thank God we are moving!

I tell people: Do some serious research and see what the Florida reality is like. Do it BEFORE you move down here. Homes are very expensive, so is insurance, property taxes, and rent is outrageous. Wages are not keeping up with the cost of living. Not even close. My wife got a $3,000 raise last year, but it got sucked up by the rent increase and costs of renter's insurance. Car insurance went up too (no accidents and no tickets in last 6 years - what gives?). If you think it is the sugar-coated Disney and International Drive dream is the reality in Central Florida, you will wake up on day to regret it.

Chris

Old 11-29-2006, 11:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Where are you moving to? I always appreciate honest opinons about Florida. Unfortunately this BB won't let me rate your post positively, what gives? If I mention something about illegal immigrants people start getting angry, mention the bad things and I get the negative comments. The truth hurts doesn't it? The only people offended are those that contribute to the problems. Come on people, stop wasting your money on Florida real estate! This was never a paradise, but it's been moving downhill at a rapid pace as of the last few decades.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:08 PM

You are preaching to the choir, baby doll. I moved out of Florida a year ago. Still, they keep on coming. I try to tell them. Honestly, when I moved to Florida ten years ago it was an armpit. Then the insurance and taxes hit the gated communities. Boy, they were mad. Still they come. I don't think that they read, much.
Heidi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami