Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW2007 View Post
To VP, you're welcome & I don't see why you hate me so much. But I wish you luck in Florida in years to come . It will only get worse... I will be coming here for vacation only to take a sh*t and leave.
Hate you? Not at all. I strongly disagree with and dislike some of your comments but I don't hate YOU.

I wish you much happiness in your future endeavors and I hope you will find some other outhouse for your physiological needs.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:00 AM

93 posts, read 329,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hate you? Not at all. I strongly disagree with and dislike some of your comments but I don't hate YOU.

I wish you much happiness in your future endeavors and I hope you will find some other outhouse for your physiological needs.
Thank you. We will end our disagreements at that.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
coming back to this thread.....

like I said Im outta here because I wanna be where I can be in a band where there are decent places to play and have "my kinda people" which is the biker- rock n roll type to socialize with....specially the ladies tehehe...

check this place out in Port Richey,thats what Im talkin' 'bout.Good crowds,decent stage.Tampa Orlando has this while over the years it has dissapeared from Miami to be replaced with the "yo dawg" crowd.....

http://www.clubbourbonstreet.com/galleries/main.htm (broken link)

about the only nitelife left in Miami is to go salsa dancing (which salsa is cool btw)or drop exctasy pills and hit the tecno clubs on the beach....phfttt!!!!!

I think this dude will fit in better up there.....

not to mention up there I might be able to afford a harley....

Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
coming back to this thread.....

like I said Im outta here because I wanna be where I can be in a band where there are decent places to play and have "my kinda people" which is the biker- rock n roll type to socialize with....specially the ladies tehehe...

check this place out in Port Richey,thats what Im talkin' 'bout.Good crowds,decent stage.Tampa Orlando has this while over the years it has dissapeared from Miami to be replaced with the "yo dawg" crowd.....

http://www.clubbourbonstreet.com/galleries/main.htm (broken link)

about the only nitelife left in Miami is to go salsa dancing (which salsa is cool btw)or drop exctasy pills and hit the tecno clubs on the beach....phfttt!!!!!

I think this dude will fit in better up there.....

not to mention up there I might be able to afford a harley....

BTW....I wish I had your hair. Used to be three times as long WAY BACK WHEN.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
dawg, stop hating bro!! Miami is cool. Word!

Anyways, Miami might not be the best place on earth, I'm the first one that hates the ghettolicious lifestyle... but Alabama???? I've been there and people are nice and they don't mean any harm, but those poor souls live like in the 50's, all they do is go to church(and it's mandatory, unless you wanna be seen as a sociopath) and if you are not a hard core Christian, they will discrimate against you.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
what a stereotypical white guy from the south picture. geez.

i still dont believe people are doing ecstasy at clubs in miami beach. id have to see that for myself as someone who has his fair share at raves years ago. it forces you to be lovey-dovey and super happy. that seems in stark contrast to what i see here. its definitely not a sexual high unless youre a woman because men cant get an erection on it without ALOT of difficulty. its more like a child-like happy comforting feeling, non addictive, etc. you want to run around, suck on lollypops and give everyone hugs. i cant even imagine someone like that here.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,561 times
Default Miami - we're not the 99%, we're the 99.5%, darn it!

I've lived here for nearly 1/2 a century only to see Miami blow and blow harder. Seeing my beloved city turn into a trafficking in poor-people, NAFTA sweat shop staging area of millions of suffering people, has been sad and disheartening. Miami is following the same business models as places like Cancun Mexico, just to name an example but all over the Caribbean, South and Central America just the same.

Regionally speaking, within the U.S., cities compete to be the best in wadges, household income, low cost of living and high quality of life, but this competition is also happening globally-internationally too. As a military- man I've lived and traveled through all 50 states, many other places; Canada, Europe (Germany, France). From my experiences, I've concluded that Miami especially and the US as well, lags significantly. Sadly, all our immigrants from the Caribbean, South and Central America all this its better from where they came from, thus leave well enough alone, and work at Wall-Mart for 8 bucks/hr, sad!

Miami lacks, not due to race or ethnicity demographics, but rather, because of the simple "supply and demand for jobs" (positions wanted vs positions needed). Thank Clinton and NAFTA for much of this.

To contrast the country of Germany out-exports the US in goods and services. Germany has less than 1/4 of population of the US and is forced to have "legal" immigration to augment its workforce. Not surprisingly, Germany handles more immigration requests and more legal immigration than than the US. Germany has the high paying jobs because of it's industry and ability to both export and domestically consume its goods and services, and moreover, Germany has socialized education healthcare, real estate, among other something that is essential for them in order to have a strong consumer society of nationally produces goods and services, very well thought out.

Good social -political business model are already in place around the world, that Miami and the US can refer to to fix ours. I would love to someday work to support the Miami charter of the U.S. Labor Party, for startes

Old 07-22-2014, 10:54 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Better would be to just end the Fed, and put out the FIRE economy. Free money is the fuel that has destroyed Florida.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 AM

438 posts, read 653,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Cixel - It is so true. People like to show off in this town. I am so over it...I just don't get it.
That's because your minds are big and open, and you think rationally, and you give too much time and attention to these pseudo-wealthy people and their supercilliousness (don't you just love that word, LOL). Real rich people who have education and class do not make an effort to show off themselves the way so many in Miami do these days. They don't need to. The people who love to put on the 'look at me and the stuff I've got show' need to mitigate for their lack of character, soul, and purpose in life. They should spend some of their money on a course on how to develop a personality and get a life. Whoever starts teaching this course in Miami is going to get very rich because the classes would sell out every week.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:39 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
That's because your minds are big and open, and you think rationally, and you give too much time and attention to these pseudo-wealthy people and their supercilliousness (don't you just love that word, LOL). Real rich people who have education and class do not make an effort to show off themselves the way so many in Miami do these days. They don't need to. The people who love to put on the 'look at me and the stuff I've got show' need to mitigate for their lack of character, soul, and purpose in life. They should spend some of their money on a course on how to develop a personality and get a life. Whoever starts teaching this course in Miami is going to get very rich because the classes would sell out every week.
You're responding to a post from 2007. And the comment trying to correlate the cost of a car with the market value of a house makes as little sense now as it did then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami