Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 07:36 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times

Advertisements

Would love to know what specific area of SoFla the OP lives in and where he is from. Many people move here for the weather and many/most do go outside in the summer without issues—we’re not locked indoors. Might sweat a bit but that’s what soap and showers are for. Rude?…I guess so but also depends where you are from and what you are used to. I’m originally from NY but Californians thought I was the second coming of Charles Manson because I used to honk my horn (oooh, the horror) and call out BS. If one is looking for Mayberry RFD there are other parts of the state and country. Best of luck.

Land of eternal spring?…..sounds like Guatemala or Medellin.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-11-2022 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 08:16 AM

10 posts, read 12,095 times
Friendliness is relative and sometimes over-rated. FL is not for everyone. Keep moving...we have too many people already screwing up the landscape.

Old 03-11-2022, 08:22 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
SanyBelle, you’re the greatest!

I had already responded upthread but, yeah, I find that common complaints are more an expression of problems within one’s self than perceived external circumstances.

C’mon, big city, what should one expect? And that way in advance.
Yea, I hope the OP comes back to answer where he/she's moving to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Would love to know what specific area of SoFla the OP lives in and where he is from. Many people move here for the weather and many/most do go outside in the summer without issues—we’re not locked indoors. Might sweat a bit but that’s what soap and showers are for. Rude?…I guess so but also depends where you are from and what you are used to. I’m originally from NY but Californians thought I was the second coming of Charles Manson because I used to honk my horn (oooh, the horror) and call out BS. If one is looking for Mayberry RFD there are other parts of the state and country. Best of luck.

Land of eternal spring?…..sounds like Guatemala or Medellin.
I love the hot weather, I never had to shovel 2 feet of sunshine. Sure, stay inside during the hottest months, did people not research the temperatures before moving here? I used to live in SE Wisconsin, summers there could be very hot, in fact there was a heat wave in 1995 which led to 739 heat-related deaths in Chicago over a period of five days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo_Pelowe View Post
Friendliness is relative and sometimes over-rated. FL is not for everyone. Keep moving...we have too many people already screwing up the landscape.
Exactly! Welcome to C-D, Kristo_Pelowe!

Old 03-11-2022, 07:18 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,523,096 times
I think its the population density that makes for rudeness. People are more anonymous and stressed when they are part of a huge pile of humanity. That's why they say that small towns are the friendliest. Places with higher crime are also less friendly.

Old 03-12-2022, 02:11 AM

10 posts, read 12,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
I think its the population density that makes for rudeness. People are more anonymous and stressed when they are part of a huge pile of humanity. That's why they say that small towns are the friendliest. Places with higher crime are also less friendly.
never understand why people move here from far away, less desirable environments, social structures, and ruinous political cesspools and then complain about FL - it's like Pelosi dissing DeSantis but chose to buy a several million dollar house in South Florida, or AOC promoting and screaming about mask mandates, then choosing to fly 1300 miles away to FL to whoop it up without a mask on..

I may never fully understand. Maybe just stay away?

Old 03-12-2022, 05:48 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,107,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo_Pelowe View Post
ruinous political cesspools and then complain about FL - it's like Pelosi.. etc etc.... or AOC ....promoting and screaming etc etc. ...
I may never fully understand
I will never fully understand why some posters must make C-D a ruinous cesspool. Keep the partisan politics out of threads about non-political topics.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I really don't understand it.

I love Florida in the winter. Noting like landing into 80 degree weather when it's cold up north.

I've honestly met my boiling point with the mean and nasty people in south Florida. Why are people so rude to visitors? They are rude on the phone. They are rude on the roads. Rude to tourists. Rude to each other. And, people claim New Yorkers are rude. They don't hold a candle to the barbaric attitudes in south Florida.

Why is south Florida so rude, especially to to tourists and people who want to spend money in and boost their economy?
Most of ‘em are prob NY transplants anyhow pissed about how molasses-like everything is outside of NY

Old 03-19-2022, 11:07 AM

82 posts, read 101,904 times
I am from San Jose, lived in LA for 10 years now 10 years in Bangkok Thailand-15 million people here and waay friendlier than Miami so the big city=rude people thing is a joke.. Miami is only 500,000 to 600,000, MB is 80,000---In Asia a city of a few million is considered tiny....

The people in Thailand/Bangkok/Manila/SE Asia are way friendlier than in SoFla or the USA despite the over population and being poor countries....Plus the cost of living is low, good weather, good islands, beaches, mountains, culture..USA is boring AF..

Old 03-19-2022, 11:25 AM

12 posts, read 7,337 times
im guessing the heat?

Old 03-20-2022, 12:02 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
After re-reading some of the answers it’s some combination of heat, traffic/bad drivers, high COL, language barrier for some and more aggressive northeast transplants.

Also has to do with today’s lack of common courtesy and common sense. I walk the same way I drive—on the right hand side of the street and sidewalk. Can’t tell you the number of times someone approaches me walking from the opposite direction insists on taking the one inch between me and the wall to my right when they have 4 feet to their right. Morons….or the new phenomenon of coughing and sneezing without covering your mouth. Only took one slap to the head from my father at age 4 to learn to cover my mouth. Lot of slow learners in Miami and elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami