Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:01 PM

763 posts, read 3,533,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdawg View Post
cool...do you have suggestions on apt/condo complexes with reasonable rent in brickell? ideally, i would like to keep my rent to $1100/mo max. also, is there a beach in brickell to go jogging?
I'm not sure on rent prices in Brickell, I just know some buildings are a lot cheaper than others. For example, Loft I and Loft II in Downtown, north of the river is really affordable and is nice while buildings like Jade at Brickell, Santa Maria or the Four Seasons Tower are all very expensive. Here's a really great website with prices of Downtown and Brickell homes:

Miami Condos For Sale | Miami Real Estate | Brickell & Miami Condos Blog | Foreclosures Information | Miami Condos Investments

Also, although there aren't any beaches in neither Brickell nor Downtown, there are a lot of parks and quiet walkways that a lot of people jog. For example, a lot of people jog down the water's edge or down Brickell Avenue. Brickell in general is really jogger-friendly. It's safe after hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
You said you'd be open to living with a roommate, so I would suggest that you rent a 2/2 apartment for $1700-2200. You can get some nice apartments with views of the bay/skyline for that price range. If you really want to live alone, $1100 will get you a studio and maybe a smaller 1 bedroom in a nicer building or a medium-sized 1 bedroom in an older building. About jogging, there is a seawall along Brickell Bay Drive along which lots of people jog. Also, a nice jog is to go onto Brickell Key (you can jog it kind of in a circle around its shoreline) and back.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:12 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,226 times
I think around Brickell Bay drive theres a walkway on the edge of the bay that should be popular with joggers.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 19,834 times
thanks guys. i appreciate it. what part of brickell (north or south part) is better to live in terms of being walking distance to the amenities (bars, restaurants, dry cleaners, grocery store, etc.)?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 AM

763 posts, read 3,533,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdawg View Post
thanks guys. i appreciate it. what part of brickell (north or south part) is better to live in terms of being walking distance to the amenities (bars, restaurants, dry cleaners, grocery store, etc.)?
The north side is in the middle of everything, everything south of the river until Broadway.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:54 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
Northside of Brickell has more urban amenities. The southside is just as nice but it gets more suburban and less walkable as you go down toward Coconut Grove (though the Grove itself is walkable).

Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

50 posts, read 166,347 times
Another advantage of Brickell is if you're into cycling and/or swimming. There are bike lanes down Miami Ave below Broadway, a ~1.5 mile stretch without traffic lights or stop signs. I saw some people jogging it on my way back from downtown today. Then, after crossing the intersection at 26th rd you can bike the causeway to Key Biscayne. Key Biscayne is great for beach swimming as well as other water sports!

-B

Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 AM

37 posts, read 157,304 times
The southernmost part of Brickell (which is closer to the Grove), is also near Key Biscayne, which is a great place for outdoor activities such as jogging and rollerblading... As previous posters stated, the closer you are to your job, the easier your life will be on a daily basis. Check out some apartments on Bayshore drive in the Grove...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami