Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:01 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times

Advertisements

It's not in the best part of town. There are a lot of drug sales a couple of blocks east and south of that address. With that comes the occasional shooting. You'll have to worry more about being robbed or burglarized by the wandering crack head. If you could find something north of SW 56 Street, you'll thank me later. Good luck.

6855 SW 63 Street is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 PM

12 posts, read 54,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
It's not in the best part of town. There are a lot of drug sales a couple of blocks east and south of that address. With that comes the occasional shooting. You'll have to worry more about being robbed or burglarized by the wandering crack head. If you could find something north of SW 56 Street, you'll thank me later. Good luck.

6855 SW 63 Street is better.
Oh god. I was going to live at that address and then gave it up because of a different mix-up. This is tragic. Thanks again.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:20 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
6855 and SW 63rd St are in a nice area. The place you went with is not...as a matter of fact, there is a "free" health clinic that I used to voluneer at in that neighborhood, and it is true, the crack heads will be out even in the day time offering to watch your car. I also had several people approach me over the time I spent there offering to sell me jewelry they had under their trench coats (mmmm a trench coat in Miami, that's not fishy!)

I would say, back out of that apartment. It is not a good place, but keep looking in the area. If you go to Goodgle maps, and google your address, you will see it come up. On the top of the map you have some feature called Streetview. Click on it, and you can see what the area looks like. Sorry about the bad news and all, but it is better you find this out now.

I wanted to add this to the post. I had a friend who used to live on SW 66 St...about 5 blocks east of where your place is. Eight years ago, shortly after they moved into the neighborhood (Nicaraguan family), their house was burglarized. The thieves actually had the jaws of life and ripped off the bars which had been welded INTO the cement wall of the house. Needless to say, the house was subsequently ransacked..and the expense of fixing the wall, the window and bars was expensive in addition to what was stolen. He also lived on the border of the ghetto, but this goes to show that "outsiders" can be targeted when compared to the people who have lived here for a while. The good sign is that on your street I didn't see any houses with bars though...so maybe it is an island of safety despite the surroundings...

Always beware of the people on this forum that rant and rave about how great X area is, and how wonderful life here is...they usually live in isolated bubbles or islands of civilization and are smart enough not to venture out of them into the rest of the city where us "common" folk live lol. Fortunately the majority who responded also gave you very accurate descriptions of the area as well.

Last edited by Chelito23; 06-17-2008 at 02:34 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
6855 and SW 63rd St are in a nice area. The place you went with is not...as a matter of fact, there is a "free" health clinic that I used to voluneer at in that neighborhood, and it is true, the crack heads will be out even in the day time offering to watch your car. I also had several people approach me over the time I spent there offering to sell me jewelry they had under their trench coats (mmmm a trench coat in Miami, that's not fishy!)

I would say, back out of that apartment. It is not a good place, but keep looking in the area. If you go to Goodgle maps, and google your address, you will see it come up. On the top of the map you have some feature called Streetview. Click on it, and you can see what the area looks like. Sorry about the bad news and all, but it is better you find this out now.

I wanted to add this to the post. I had a friend who used to live on SW 66 St...about 5 blocks east of where your place is. Eight years ago, shortly after they moved into the neighborhood (Nicaraguan family), their house was burglarized. The thieves actually had the jaws of life and ripped off the bars which had been welded INTO the cement wall of the house. Needless to say, the house was subsequently ransacked..and the expense of fixing the wall, the window and bars was expensive in addition to what was stolen. He also lived on the border of the ghetto, but this goes to show that "outsiders" can be targeted when compared to the people who have lived here for a while. The good sign is that on your street I didn't see any houses with bars though...so maybe it is an island of safety despite the surroundings...

Always beware of the people on this forum that rant and rave about how great X area is, and how wonderful life here is...they usually live in isolated bubbles or islands of civilization and are smart enough not to venture out of them into the rest of the city where us "common" folk live lol. Fortunately the majority who responded also gave you very accurate descriptions of the area as well.
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:50 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
"Always beware of the people on this forum that rant and rave about how great X area is, and how wonderful life here is...they usually live in isolated bubbles or islands of civilization and are smart enough not to venture out of them into the rest of the city where us "common" folk live lol. Fortunately the majority who responded also gave you very accurate descriptions of the area as well."

You'll have the other extreme here as well. If you read their other posts, you'll see who are the ones who are miserable exaggerators. Everything out of the mouth is negative.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
"Always beware of the people on this forum that rant and rave about how great X area is, and how wonderful life here is...they usually live in isolated bubbles or islands of civilization and are smart enough not to venture out of them into the rest of the city where us "common" folk live lol. Fortunately the majority who responded also gave you very accurate descriptions of the area as well."

You'll have the other extreme here as well. If you read their other posts, you'll see who are the ones who are miserable exaggerators. Everything out of the mouth is negative.
Very true.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
I just saw a house with the adress you gave me that had a hedge running around the whole front of the house ,I hope that is it or it is a yellow house across the street with a couple of trees in front. It definitely in in a much better neighborhood. Actually the Google addresses can miss a house address by 2 or 3 homes.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I just saw a house with the adress you gave me that had a hedge running around the whole front of the house ,I hope that is it or it is a yellow house across the street with a couple of trees in front. It definitely in in a much better neighborhood. Actually the Google addresses can miss a house address by 2 or 3 homes.
I think what you're seeing is the back of the house. I saw that too but the house is yellow and the front of the house does not have a hedge. Maybe Google addresses missed the house by a few blocks..haha

Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housemd1 View Post
I think what you're seeing is the back of the house. I saw that too but the house is yellow and the front of the house does not have a hedge. Maybe Google addresses missed the house by a few blocks..haha
You're right that is a hedge in back of a house,but the yellow house with white shutters across the street with a few trees out front is pretty nice. I like the two-story white house with black shutters on 68th court right off 63rd street is nice. It is an aberration to see a two-story house in these older neighborhoods.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
You're right that is a hedge in back of a house,but the yellow house with white shutters across the street with a few trees out front is pretty nice. I like the two-story white house with black shutters on 68th court right off 63rd street is nice. It is an aberration to see a two-story house in these older neighborhoods.
Yeah, too bad my house is located in what seems to be a third world war zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: