Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,705,114 times

Advertisements

I saw a commecial on TV that was discussing real estate, and there was a back drop of the Miami skyline that looked like it was cluttered with scaffolding and cranes, building many new high rises. Can Miami handle that kind of increase in population easily? How is the traffic now? I also have heard that in spite of real estate value dropping Miami has become a very expensive city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 PM

464 posts, read 1,361,029 times
Miami is overbuilt...and underbuilt all at once!

Old 11-14-2008, 05:52 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,379 times
I believe its been over built for quite some time now.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 PM

670 posts, read 1,744,048 times
Default Is Miami becoming over built?

... Nah!

... You think?!!

-

Old 11-15-2008, 05:59 AM

149 posts, read 562,745 times
If you go downtown, you'll see so many unfinished condos that nobody wants or can afford. The city has probably one of the worst downtown areas out of all the major cities in the United States. There are so many vacant condos and office buildings. I would be interested to see how much worse it will become once this credit crisis kicks in.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
If you go downtown, you'll see so many unfinished condos that nobody wants or can afford. The city has probably one of the worst downtown areas out of all the major cities in the United States. There are so many vacant condos and office buildings. I would be interested to see how much worse it will become once this credit crisis kicks in.
So what are the vacancy rates ? Yea ,the Brickell area is a mess ,I wouldn't want to live there it is an eyesore ,yea give me a break with your generalities,how about some facts?

Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
I have yet to see an unfinished condo anywhere in Miami. If you think Miami has a bad Downtown then you'll be surprised if you dare to step out and travel this country.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 PM

Office vacancy rate in Miami̢۪s business core could rise to 15% - South Florida Business Journal:

http://www.miamicondoinvestments.com...february-2008/

http://miabeachrealestate.wordpress....do-oversupply/

http://www.floridahomeloan.com/2007/...-economy.html/

http://sf.therealdeal.com/articles/downtown-miami-office-glut-looms (broken link)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220...al_real_estate

http://www.housingpredictor.com/worstmarkets.html

That enough facts and visual evidence for everyone?

Last edited by DCkid; 11-15-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-15-2008, 06:01 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,119 times
The only office\condo that was started and not finished is the Logik project in the Central Business District,now if you were to state how many projects were planned but not built that is another story because there were plenty.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
The only office\condo that was started and not finished is the Logik project in the Central Business District,now if you were to state how many projects were planned but not built that is another story because there were plenty.
Who said anything about office/condos that were started and not finished? I'm referring to the oversupply of condos. I think your misunderstood my statement. In Miami's financial district, there is 1.92 million square feet of office space under construction. With vacancy rates currently over 9 percent, that could spell trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami