Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:56 PM

286 posts, read 1,082,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Pepper cove was decimated by Hurricane Andrew. It has a wooden roof and if it ever catches fire...good luck! I remember seeing the ruins it was in and the fence around it when I went to bowl at Don Carter's Kendall lanes. It's also not a visually appealing 80's style development.....
Thanks for that info. I would not have known as the only information I get is from the internet and you guys--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 09:19 PM

7 posts, read 19,612 times
Default Metropolis or spacious Pinecrest rental home?

Wonder whether the individual who thought of moving to the Metropolis in 2007 actually moved there and has comments...or if others do.

We're a family of 3 (is the Metropolis mostly couples or families too??) -- some realtors advertise the Metropolis as 3 bedrooms, but they're really not more than 2 bedrooms possibly with a glass-enclosed den...they're really nice, just don't think they're really spacious enough for a family...

nonetheless, still considering the Metropolis for a transition year (just now moving to FL) - lots included, seems easy, daughter's school is nearby.....and they are reasonably affordable....but not as conducive to family living.

other option is a spacious S. Pinecrest rental home (3 bedroom)....slightly more expensive, but more space, garage, and nice back yard (but definitely can't walk to too many places)...

We're leaning toward the house...just wondering whether people have some more thoughts about the Metropolis.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by induhvidual View Post
I am looking to rent at Dadeland. I see that they are having a fire sale.
2b/2ba apts in the Toscano and Metropolis are being listed for $1650.00
That includes internet, basic cable and water.
I am also looking at "The Towers of Dadeland" which is a rental building and the rents there start at $1800 for a 2 bed.
The Metropolis seems a good deal because the HOA in that building is $850.00 and the cost of the units are in the mid 300s.
How can they afford to rent out so cheap?
Common sense (and a rent vs buy calculator) tells me that it is cheaper to rent here than to buy.
My work will take me to the (south) Airport area, on Milam Dairy road (NW 72nd ave and NW 7th st)
Google maps tell me it is a 5 mile drive.
If I use local roads, is a 30-40 minute commute reasonable to assume.
Any comments/opinions/suggestions for me, please chime in.
I will be there in April and looking to rent starting Mid May.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:55 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
Rent is cheap because 80% of the people that bought there are foreclosing. Be carefull buddy ! You may start renting only to be kicked out when the police come over to evict you. Most of the buyers in Downtown dadeland's new high rises/condo's bought out of pure speculation. Most have STOPPED paying their mortgages but are still renting the places out. BEWARE !

Old 06-14-2008, 07:42 PM

286 posts, read 1,082,275 times
[quote=Floridabound2008;4087449]Wonder whether the individual who thought of moving to the Metropolis in 2007 actually moved there and has comments...or if others do.

In response to your post, I moved to Pinecrest because of the A school.(Miami Palmetto Senior High)
Metropolis is zoned to "South Miami Senior" which is a "C" or a "D" rated school.

Thanks for everyone who contributed to my research.
"COMING TO MIAMI" was a successful project and we are mucho happy here

inDUHvidual

Old 02-09-2009, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
Default metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
Well, I do hate reggaeton! I would rather listen to the dentist’s drill for 24 hours straight than listen to 1 minute of reggaeton.

Don’t let me “talk you out” of moving to Kendall, if that’s where you want to live. I simply speak from personal experience and the time I lived there wasn’t that great. Most of my complaints about Kendall as a whole pertain to traffic, noisy neighbors, poor management / condo associations, “boy racers” zipping up & down Kendall Drive like it’s a race track and the lack of things to do in terms of parks and open spaces. You’ll pay less rent in Kendall, but as the old saying goes, you truly get what you pay for. Many of the rental communities there are fraught with the same kind of problems/complaints (check out apartmentratings.com and you’ll see what I mean).

guys:
Are u living still there???i'mplanning to move metropolis bt I want to know first how building is working. I lived in others tenants don' wnt spend a penny to maintain facilities. Pls to inform me ASAP

Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,987 times
I am relocating to the area and will be working at Homestead AFB. Would love to live in a condo, as I'm not sure Homestead has much to offer, but would like the least possible commuting time. So I was looking at Toscano. Any suggestions?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32fordfan View Post
I am relocating to the area and will be working at Homestead AFB. Would love to live in a condo, as I'm not sure Homestead has much to offer, but would like the least possible commuting time. So I was looking at Toscano. Any suggestions?
Will probably be about a 45 minute commute without traffic.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,987 times
So when I look at places in Toscano, and mapquest it and it says 27 minutes, that not to accurate, huh. If I wanted to live on the ocean, where would be a good place to live with the shortest commute time to Homestead AFB? Thanks

Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
Will probably be about a 45 minute commute without traffic.
No way! That is a reverse commute, and traffic won't be much of an issue unless there's an accident. Kendall Drive west --> 874 south --> Turnpike south --> Airbase takes about 25-30 minutes in average traffic.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
No way! That is a reverse commute, and traffic won't be much of an issue unless there's an accident. Kendall Drive west --> 874 south --> Turnpike south --> Airbase takes about 25-30 minutes in average traffic.
Crisp I agree with flyers the commute without traffic should take at least 40 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami