Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times

Advertisements

People in Miami are desperate, if someone dumps a washing machine or stove, it will be stripped. If they dump a toilet the lid will be gone. Anything aluminnum or copper flies away. In a third world country people survive by being resourceful. The new illegal apartment needs furniture, so any placed outside and easy to move will be gone. In my neighborhood if you put it out it will rot there. There was a barbeque by the street for 6 months, the county finally removed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 04:15 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
Not aiming this as you, but “racist gringos” – give me damn break. The people who complain about racist gringos are racist themselves. How many people in Miami take pride in the fact that the “gringos” are being driven out? I have heard this with my own ears and I am not inventing it, trust me. Miami is screwed up, IMO. People will rip you off in this city and if you were dying in the street, no one would stop to help you unless there was $$$ in it for them.
LOL I totally agree. I just write those sentences because that is exactly the way they think and they talk. I have heard worst things here against American people. Hate at its best.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
People in Miami are desperate, if someone dumps a washing machine or stove, it will be stripped. If they dump a toilet the lid will be gone. Anything aluminnum or copper flies away. In a third world country people survive by being resourceful. The new illegal apartment needs furniture, so any placed outside and easy to move will be gone. In my neighborhood if you put it out it will rot there. There was a barbeque by the street for 6 months, the county finally removed it.
In the street where I live, there were a pile of supermarket carts for about 10 months. They were so old that grass and trees grew up between the twisted metals. I AM NOT KIDDING OR INVENTING.

And you're right. I know by facts that probably 90% of homes here in Miami, have an illegal room for rent built in the garage so they pick up whatever they need from the streets to fill it up. And those rooms have the wonderful price of around 500 hundred bucks per month.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:55 PM

170 posts, read 285,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
LOL I totally agree. I just write those sentences because that is exactly the way they think and they talk. I have heard worst things here against American people. Hate at its best.
Of course....the worst racists in the United States are right here in La Republica-Banana-Habana-Miami-Dade, only they won't admit it.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 PM

170 posts, read 285,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
In the street where I live, there were a pile of supermarket carts for about 10 months. They were so old that grass and trees grew up between the twisted metals. I AM NOT KIDDING OR INVENTING.

And you're right. I know by facts that probably 90% of homes here in Miami, have an illegal room for rent built in the garage so they pick up whatever they need from the streets to fill it up. And those rooms have the wonderful price of around 500 hundred bucks per month.
Just look at how many illegal efficiencies there are here....it's f'd up. But since this is the third world, there are no rules & regs....just anarchy at its worst.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 AM

152 posts, read 572,545 times
Quote:
Of course....the worst racists in the United States are right here in La Republica-Banana-Habana-Miami-Dade, only they won't admit it.
Everybody hates everybody here!! It's a dog-eat-dog kind of thing!! It's so funny sometimes, everybody hates cuban, cubans hate everybody, dominicans hate haitians, haitians hate dominicans, all latinos hate gringos!!So damn funny!!! This is the most hilarious city in the whole world!! It's like a joke!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,594,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabry76 View Post
Everybody hates everybody here!! It's a dog-eat-dog kind of thing!! It's so funny sometimes, everybody hates cuban, cubans hate everybody, dominicans hate haitians, haitians hate dominicans, all latinos hate gringos!!So damn funny!!! This is the most hilarious city in the whole world!! It's like a joke!!!
Sounds like Miami's changed quite a bit in that reagrd since I lived there in the 60s. At that time, the whites hated the blacks, the blacks hated the Cubans, and the Haitians were just starting to arrive, so no one claimed them to hate yet (except my 10th grade math teacher, who hated Gus, the Haitian kid who showed up in our class that year and whose only offense seemed to be that he couldn't spek English very well. I'm sure Gus is still in Miami and now has a long list of hatees himself!) So glad I'm not there any more!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:02 PM

134 posts, read 601,193 times
yep, a regular hate fest here, there, and everywhere.
sad state of affairs.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:14 PM

929 posts, read 1,159,232 times
ive never seen so many people openly hating as i have here. i grew up in an egalitarian society in southern california where if there was even a question that you were racist you were FIRED. most people get along pretty easily. it was quite a shock to see and experience real honest-to-God racism here. its so irrational and illogical to be racist but south florida doesnt run on rational and logical thinking.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:07 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
Quote:
Just look at how many illegal efficiencies there are here....it's f'd up. But since this is the third world, there are no rules & regs....just anarchy at its worst.
There are a lot of regulations, but they are selectively enforced. Call Team Metro and see who they go after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami