Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I don't think Hawaii ever gets boring. Plus, it is actually tropical. Let's not forget the freezes Miami gets in winter, and its not in the tropics.
I could never live in Hawaii,as much as I dislike a lot of things in Miami at least I can drive out of there for a couple of days in Orlando without taking a flight out that'll cost me a couple hundred dollars.I'm not a surfer and aside from the nicer tourist areas there's really not much in Hawaii that'll keep me entertained.I myself love when Miami gets cold,to me it's the nicest time of the year,usually it's nice and sunny,air is crisp and you can wear something other than shorts and t-shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 PM

650 posts, read 1,630,259 times
Quote:
I don't think Hawaii ever gets boring. Plus, it is actually tropical. Let's not forget the freezes Miami gets in winter, and its not in the tropics.
Miami is more of a tropical climate than Honolulu.

Although Miami gets freezes, it still meets the temperature requirements for a tropical climate, and it gets much more rain than Honolulu. Honolulu is a semi-arid desert climate.

MIAMI
January 76 H | 60 L
February 78 H | 62 L
March 80 H | 65 L
April 83 H | 68 L
May 87 H | 73 L
June 89 H | 76 L
July 91 H | 77 L
August 91 H | 77 L
September 89 H | 76 L
October 86 H | 73 L
November 82 H | 68 L
December 78 H | 63 L
AVERAGE 84 H | 70 L

Average lows in Miami doesn't dip below 60 degrees in ANY month, and annual average lows are 70 degrees fahrenheit. Miami/Coral Gables, Miami Beach and the Keys are the only specific areas in South Florida and the continental US that do not have average lows of 60 degrees in ANY month.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
Miami is more of a tropical climate than Honolulu.

Although Miami gets freezes, it still meets the temperature requirements for a tropical climate, and it gets much more rain than Honolulu. Honolulu is a semi-arid desert climate.

MIAMI
January 76 H | 60 L
February 78 H | 62 L
March 80 H | 65 L
April 83 H | 68 L
May 87 H | 73 L
June 89 H | 76 L
July 91 H | 77 L
August 91 H | 77 L
September 89 H | 76 L
October 86 H | 73 L
November 82 H | 68 L
December 78 H | 63 L
AVERAGE 84 H | 70 L

Average lows in Miami doesn't dip below 60 degrees in ANY month, and annual average lows are 70 degrees fahrenheit. Miami/Coral Gables, Miami Beach and the Keys are the only specific areas in South Florida and the continental US that do not have average lows of 60 degrees in ANY month.
Saying Honolulu is a semi-arid climate because Miami gets more rain is like saying San Diego (which is a true semi-arid climate) is tropical because it gets the marine layer as a form of moisture. If Hawaii wasn't tropical, there wouldn't be any rainforests. And Seattle also probably gets more rain than Hawaii. It doesn't make it "more tropical". In addition, tropical is generally thought of/classified due to a lack of cold, so Hawaii would be "more tropical" than Miami without a doubt. Even those of you who consider Miami truly tropical have to agree with this. As for those who say the'd prefer Miami due to it not being isolated, I can understand that, though I disagree.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 AM

650 posts, read 1,630,259 times
Quote:
Saying Honolulu is a semi-arid climate because Miami gets more rain is like saying San Diego (which is a true semi-arid climate) is tropical because it gets the marine layer as a form of moisture. If Hawaii wasn't tropical, there wouldn't be any rainforests. And Seattle also probably gets more rain than Hawaii. It doesn't make it "more tropical". In addition, tropical is generally thought of/classified due to a lack of cold, so Hawaii would be "more tropical" than Miami without a doubt. Even those of you who consider Miami truly tropical have to agree with this. As for those who say the'd prefer Miami due to it not being isolated, I can understand that, though I disagree.
Honolulu gets about 91 rainy days. OK, so I reconsider what I just said there only because of this info. Honolulu is tropical.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM

10 posts, read 39,309 times
I think Bangkok, Singapore, and Hong Kong aren't even in the same universe we Miami/FTL lol. Singapore & HK ARE WAAAAAAYYYYYYY ahead of us in terms of quality of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami