Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlyz33 View Post
hmm while Brisbane and Hong kong are great cities i'm sure in their own unique ways they are too cold in the winters to be considered a tropical climate. both average in the 40's in the winter months... Average Weather for Hong Kong, GG - Temperature and Precipitation- i'll read about the other cities you mentioned- THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS THOUGH!!!
Brisbane's climate might be a little more "seasonal" than Miami's climate, but they're fairly similar and the cities are at similar latitudes (in comparison to the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere).

Hong Kong's climate is also similar. Besides, Miami's climate isn't quite tropical anyway and the city is north of the Tropic of Cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM

20 posts, read 76,411 times
Strange Calcutta India and Bangkok have there warmest months april may and June??? and bangkok has those 3 months with an average low of 80!!!! So Calcutta, Bangkok, rio De Janeiro, and San Juan, and i just thought of Panama city, Panama ARE contenters as the meet the criteria... any one visit or live in these cities? I'm going to do some research on them for fun but nothing beats experience...

Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Strange Calcutta India and Bangkok have there warmest months april may and June??? and bangkok has those 3 months with an average low of 80!!!! So Calcutta, Bangkok, rio De Janeiro, and San Juan, and i just thought of Panama city, Panama ARE contenters as the meet the criteria... any one visit or live in these cities? I'm going to do some research on them for fun but nothing beats experience...
Panama City is another one to add to the list -- never been there though, but it has a huge skyline (bigger than Miami's and taller).

Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM

20 posts, read 76,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Brisbane's climate might be a little more "seasonal" than Miami's climate, but they're fairly similar and the cities are at similar latitudes (in comparison to the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere).

Hong Kong's climate is also similar. Besides, Miami's climate isn't quite tropical anyway and the city is north of the Tropic of Cancer.

With this logic you are saying "The Tropic is Cancer determines if a climate is tropical or not" this is wrong there are plenty of areas south of the tropic of cancer due to elevation they have very cold temps and even snow (mountains) - while yes the majority of tropical climate places are located south of the tropic of cancer or north or the tropic of capricorn

Miami Is tropical due to its average temperature and rainfall amounts

Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
With this logic you are saying "The Tropic is Cancer determines if a climate is tropical or not" this is wrong there are plenty of areas south of the tropic of cancer due to elevation they have very cold temps and even snow (mountains) - while yes the majority of tropical climate places are located south of the tropic of cancer or north or the tropic of capricorn

Miami Is tropical due to its average temperature and rainfall amounts
Miami's climate is actually semi-tropical. Don't believe me? There are dozens of sources out there that'll tell you the same thing. Here's one of them:

Climate in Miami, Florida

"Miami Climate Summary

Miami, FL has a sub-tropical climate with hot and humid summers and very dry winters. The hottest months of June through September, with temperatures in the high eighties and low nineties, are also the wettest months with around eight inches of rain per month. With this much rain it's probably no surprise that Miami is one of the countries most humid cities with relative humidity commonly being more than 85% in the summer months."

Old 05-03-2009, 06:23 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Quote:
Please Argue with me or agree why Miami/FLL is the best tropical climate (major)city in the world
I truly hate Miami's climate, I have grown up here, have never gotten used to it. In a few weeks, its going to be rainy season which I actually like. But I hate the heat and humidity that comes with it. UGHGGGGGGGHHHHHH, I hate summer. I hate being hot and sticky within 5 minutes of being outside. I hate that I spend most of the summer May - November running from a/c to a/c. I hate how my hair goes flat once I walk outside. My curly hair friends can't stand the humidity either, after they pay so much to have their hair straightened. I hate how hot my car gets so hot sitting in the sun. I hate that it will be 83F at MIDNIGHT. I truly hate hurricane season, I am so over it! I hate that it can be in the 80s over the Christmas holidays.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:27 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I hate how hot my car gets so hot sitting in the sun.
I can't debate anything else, but as long as the sun is out, your car will still get blazing hot in the sun, regardless of humidity level and even when it's colder outside.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:41 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I can't debate anything else, but as long as the sun is out, your car will still get blazing hot in the sun, regardless of humidity level and even when it's colder outside.
As long as its below 80F its not bad in the car. Anything above 80F and the car gets hot!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I truly hate Miami's climate, I have grown up here, have never gotten used to it. In a few weeks, its going to be rainy season which I actually like. But I hate the heat and humidity that comes with it. UGHGGGGGGGHHHHHH, I hate summer. I hate being hot and sticky within 5 minutes of being outside. I hate that I spend most of the summer May - November running from a/c to a/c. I hate how my hair goes flat once I walk outside. My curly hair friends can't stand the humidity either, after they pay so much to have their hair straightened. I hate how hot my car gets so hot sitting in the sun. I hate that it will be 83F at MIDNIGHT. I truly hate hurricane season, I am so over it! I hate that it can be in the 80s over the Christmas holidays.
Doggiebus,

I counted the word 'hate' ten times in your reply. I really think it's high time you move and find 'greener pastures'. I'm honestly not trying to diss you, it's just that you've been on this forum years and you seem just as miserable now. I sincerely feel sorry for you.

As for me, I love the climate here. Yes it's hot and humid half of the year, and yes it will not appeal to some people. But I have come to love the 'wet' and 'dry' seasons we have down here, although I do have to admit I do miss the fall season they get up north.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
People love the climate so much that you never see windows open. That says a lot about the true feelings of a "tropical" climate!
Dude, do you ever see good in anything?

South Florida is far and away the best place to live on the whole planet. my home is the very best place to enjoy all that is South Florida. I never even take vacations anymore. nothing compares to my home for comfort, view, panache or excitement. I love being me!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami