Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizforum View Post
ive been on this street... its VERY bad and when i say VERY i put it VERY in capital for reason....i was buying something there once and it was bad.
This sounds interesting. Can you tell us what you saw? It sounds like you never wanted to come back. You don't have tell us what you bought, just what was so bad about that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
This sounds interesting. Can you tell us what you saw? It sounds like you never wanted to come back. You don't have tell us what you bought, just what was so bad about that place.
crime, gangs, poverty etc.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM

31 posts, read 34,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
there were lots of drug dealrs i even saw what i thought was a prostitute it was scary it is no place to go in the night time i went in day time and it look bad imagine going at night!!its the worst street in miami.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Go to South Beach or US1 in Hollywood and you will see tons of prostitutes.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM

24 posts, read 41,333 times
oh gahhhh, Overtown no surprise. Windows up, lock the doors (usual routine) lol.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
The worst neighborhood by far that I've ever seen in my life was in Opa-Locka. There was a small section blocked off from the surrounding areas with only one way in and one way out. I made a wrong turn at night and couldn't get out. I felt like I was in the movie Escape from New York. The buildings/houses were all abandoned and grafitti'd, windows busted out, and people hanging all over the streets and in the streets. They weren't just bums either, they were actual street gangs congregating and drinking alcohol. All eyes were on my car and I made sure to keep my foot on the gas. Finally I figured out the only way to get out was how I came in. There is nothing in Little Havana that comes close. Little Havana has never scared me. Is it a poor area? Yes. But I would not describe it as dangerous.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:50 PM

71 posts, read 297,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
The worst neighborhood by far that I've ever seen in my life was in Opa-Locka. There was a small section blocked off from the surrounding areas with only one way in and one way out. I made a wrong turn at night and couldn't get out. I felt like I was in the movie Escape from New York. The buildings/houses were all abandoned and grafitti'd, windows busted out, and people hanging all over the streets and in the streets. They weren't just bums either, they were actual street gangs congregating and drinking alcohol. All eyes were on my car and I made sure to keep my foot on the gas. Finally I figured out the only way to get out was how I came in. There is nothing in Little Havana that comes close. Little Havana has never scared me. Is it a poor area? Yes. But I would not describe it as dangerous.
You're comparing a street corner with an entire city? Interesting.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:34 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Go to South Beach or US1 in Hollywood and you will see tons of prostitutes.
I'm not that familiar with Hollywood, but I agree with the South Beach part. That place is so creepy. Over there you know for sure who the prostitutes are, they look all sick like they have been doing drugs for ages and they walk almost naked. Really sad and scary.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:31 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Reefers, ludes, crack...
That's what you buy there.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
I have to laugh at some of the posts from my fellow posters and wonder as to what kind sheltered life some of you all have led. there is nothing, absolutely nothing in all of dade county that even remotely resembles scary. I would even extend that to any city in north america that I have been to so far. I guess it just comes down to what a person has experienced and how they view other humans.

thanks for the chuckles though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami