Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times

Advertisements

I think YES.

Longtime patrons abuzz as small mall at corner of Red and Bird roads prepares to close - Coral Gables - MiamiHerald.com

After I read the article, I went to Google streetview to look at the shopping center and noticed that you can actually go inside the bakery. So cool. My son had told me that Google was doing this, but I've never seen it in action besides the Tardis in England. The bakery has Sponge Rusk which is fabulous! I hope the sewing center finds a new location. I don't know of any other place like that. It's a neat little shopping center and it's got to go just so we all can enjoy another CVS. Don't know how long Allen's will last either with a Walgreens across the street and a CVS next door.

I just don't get why we need so many of these drugstores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 PM

45 posts, read 96,634 times
Yeah, pretty much.

Sure as Hell convenient, though.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:27 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
We have a Tardis in Miami... but only I know about it.

Have you seen the vast number of 7-11's in Taipei? I don't think Miami has as many CVS's as Taipei has 7-11's

Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
I'm sorry to say this, but that's one boring shopping center. The bakery is good though, never been inside there but it's bound to be good as compared to big-chain bakeries.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:50 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Yes, I'm not sure why we need so many drugs stores. In my closest commercial intersection we have 3 strip malls and each one has a drug store. Also every Publix and Winn Dixie has a drug store too.

About Google I have seen those indoor views before. I know I saw them in a bar or cafe in downtown Weston FL and also either in restaurant/bars in NYC or Boston. Usually customer faces are blurred.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM

What I consider a boring shopping center is one that has chain stores. CVS, Walgreens, Hair Cuttery, Papa Johns, a cell phone place, etc. You know, like almost every shopping center we already have.

This one has a great bakery, a non-chain cafe, the health food store/cafe (we seriously have very few of these) the antique store, the shoe repair, the sewing machine place. Lot's of mom and pop places, which makes for an interesting shopping center. Most of the shops have been open for years so that says something. Allen's will be next on the chopping block I bet.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM

529 posts, read 1,145,436 times
Miami is turning into one of those small town cities where walmart takes up shop and shuts down all local business. Well, Walmart I can understand. But Walgreen and CVS? The only good thing about them is that they're open 24/7 but their selection and prices suck.

By the way, I heard that Ayestaran that was sold on 27th and 8th ST is going to become a CVS too. They have a Walgreens 8 blocks north of it, and then there's another CVS 4 blocks north of that!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
The answer as to why we need a CVS and Walgreens on every corner is quite simple. Doctors are over prescribing medications and people are becoming addictive to them and needing them for practically every daily function. They need one to get up in the morning, one before breakfast, lunch and dinner, twelve to lose weight, four in order to think, ten to get through the day, one before a test, one before and after every bowl movement, one to sit through class, one to drive, three to relax, one to have sex and one to sleep.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:19 AM

I agree straight shooter. It's actually sad and sort of scary that there can be so many of these drugstores successfully operating all so close to each other. Even a mile apart seems like overkill.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
I am not even sure that their main business is drugs anymore. They want to be convenience stores and then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami