Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Let's see.

Cuba Libre, you are a smart person, but you love baiting...

Think about this:

Some 60 third world idiots conceive in Cuba a plan to rob blindly the American Medicare system...

If you are capable of swindling the Cuban state, America is just a play.

They do the job and they get lost...
Very true... Communism makes one sharp as a tack and very resourceful. This same ingenuity is what allows them to rebuild their 50 and 60 year old cars over and over again. From this 'survival' standpoint, I think Cubans are some of the smartest people in the world.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:15 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Cuba Libre

Don't you think they acted like a bull in a china shop?
Don't you think that legally stablished clinics, doctors and insurance companies have been swindling the Medicare system trillions before those scumbags?

Old 06-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Very true... Communism makes one sharp as a tack and very resourceful. This same ingenuity is what allows them to rebuild their 50 and 60 year old cars over and over again. From this 'survival' standpoint, I think Cubans are some of the smartest people in the world.
I do agree with you here. Their creativity is amazing. I am always awed by the differences between a 12 yr old newly arrived Cuban and a 12 yr old Miami born Cuban. Never mind a 12 yr old from any other part that hasn't had the influence, the need, nor the motivation. They are way, way behind the eight ball.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Cuba Libre

Don't you think they acted like a bull in a china shop?
Don't you think that legally stablished clinics, doctors and insurance companies have been swindling the Medicare system trillions before those scumbags?
My last post was a complement to your true statement about hardened Cuban survivors. Now you are just on a rant.

Conspiracy theorist you are...

Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 AM

Cuba Libre

No, I don't think so. I think that a Cuban family has to fight and work harder in Miami.

In Cuba, millions of people don't work.
They don't pay rent, they don't pay insurance (they don't even know what insurance is), they don't have outstanding loans (they don't know anything about loans), utility bill is ridiculous (many use the power from state owned facilities). Health is free.

They have the "Libreta de racionamiento" or "rationing card" that provides virtually free staples, though "libreta" only covers about 10 days.

So they only need to "peddle" (jinetear) a little outside the system to obtain a few CUCs (hard currency) to survive. Of course, if you have FE (Faith) "Family Outside" you just made it.

So, with just a little money you can spend the whole day drinking Chispatren (Moonshine).

Nobody is starving to death, but if you want to buy clothes, eat outside and just have some fun in life, not to live in a "daily vaccum", you need hard currency, so this is the origin of "Jineterismo". There are also limited private enterprises, renting rooms, catering services, private transportation, etc.

That's why the people that go out are the ones that want to make money in any form.

As to the thread, consider the following that I just stated before.

How comes the US devotes more money/per capita in Socialized Medicine than Spain, and Spain has a magnificent Social Security system, one of the best in the world, with UNIVERSAL coverage for everybody, including illegal immigrants?

Don't you think that the money is going somewhere else?

As to the 12 year old...
Well, Cuban boys don't watch so much TV, they talk to their elders and to the entire neighbourhood, they go out in the streets (there's virtually no crime) and they live just like Americans kid lived 60 years ago.
You find kids playing baseball, chasing dogs and cats, flying kites, fishing without parental patronage.
Cuban kids at that age are somewhat similar to the "Little Rascals".
They are forced to go to school, you don't find those gangs of kids you see in Latin America.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 06-27-2009 at 03:47 AM..

Old 06-27-2009, 09:28 AM

61 posts, read 179,950 times
Default Corruption is a problem intrinsic to the Human Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Guy
yes indeed miami is the only place where fraud occurs or has ever occurred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
1/3 of medicare fraud takes place in FL. Most of this comes from Miami. That's a 600 pound gorilla if I've ever seen one.
Although im usually annoyed by Dade Guys posts in defense of Miami Dade County and all its requisite ills I do have to concede him this cuba libre:

Michael Milken & Ivan Boesky, Enron, Worldcom, and most recently, Madoff, and many, many others.

These are scandals that screwed over all of us collectively across the US, not just a certain demographic like with Medicare. True, eventually it all trickles down to our tax dollars anyways, and we all get screwed in the long run. But you get the drift.

Scammers come in all shapes and sizes. The problem is not limited to a particular geographic area. In Boston for example, allegations and in some cases indictments for fraud abound over the Big Dig.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:22 PM

34 posts, read 85,293 times
So billions were stolen from medicare alone... I can't imagine how much will be stolen from us all when they make the entire health care system public.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,762 times
^Not much. Probably less then is stolen by the Defense Dept every year. $14bill was "lost" in Iraq. This story and Public Health seem like chump change in comparison. And a benefit....that is if Public Health will increase the success rate of health outcomes in our country. It's amazing that the *supposed* great private sector health system we have ensures us of finishing far behind every one of our Western peer nations in Success Outcomes of healthcare....

Old 06-28-2009, 08:54 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Miami cannot exist without "lost" money. How else can a city with poverty-level "official" wages have some of the highest concentration of luxury cars and hugely overpriced real estate? This will not last as the impending bailout bubble and collapse of Medicare will cut the root of this vine of corruption in a few years. Without big Government funding, all the crooked clinics will disappear. If not for the Government to support the crooked I believe that Latin Americans would revert to the cheap clinic system where members pay monthly for medical care and get their needs covered for low cost.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Rich people exist. They love Miami and their demand outmarkets locals. Happens in every iconic city in the world.

Ok, you think that Miami stinks, but that's your personal opinion. One dollar, one vote.

Real Estate is overpriced for you, but not for many that make up demand. Real Estate in Miami is dirty cheap compared with Europe or New York.

You might say that Real Estate is far cheaper somewhere in NC, etc, but those places are not "chic", not known, whatever.

The city has survived far worser crisis and now the economy is far more diversified than 90 years ago, when millions of Northeners bougth underdeveloped swampland and came down to kill Realtors.

You might see the place as a "evil" place packed with "evil" money, but no, it's a place that attracts rich people and money, just as many other dumps in the world. Just like my hometown, the only locals that live here are the ones that inherited property like myself, the rest were expelled to cheaper places. Real Estate prices here are from 3 to 4 times Miami prices, and salaries, so-so, even lower than Florida.

As to the provenance of money, who cares?

Last edited by Leovigildo; 06-28-2009 at 12:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami