Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:33 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times

Advertisements

I missed the fight

Congrats on knowing how to spell Tallahassee. You are right though about those stays here, they are getting shorter and shorter, and it's always up to that immigration officer in the airport to put whatever date he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 PM

19 posts, read 50,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
I missed the fight
Sorry I let myself get dragged in

Quote:
Congrats on knowing how to spell Tallahassee. You are right though about those stays here, they are getting shorter and shorter, and it's always up to that immigration officer in the airport to put whatever date he wants.

You're right, the officer even has the authority to deny entrance altogether.

But anyway, that's a an ancillary point...

I'm really fascinated with the Doral topic. Do you live in Doral yourself?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Let's see...

Sorry, I don't know where Talajasi is, Georgia?
Not talking about the Visa Waiver Program.
Those countries are not the list of countries included in the Visa Waiver program, but includes some.
I'm talking here about countries with treaties with the US to obtain Resident Visas with quantities below 300.000 dollars.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 08-15-2009 at 04:51 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iworkwithtitiesallday View Post
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here.

I am very curious as to what anyone thinks/believes is the immigrational status makeup of most people who live in Doral.

Who exactly makes up its population? Is it mostly documented or documented immigrants? Recently immigrated or been in the U.S. for a while? (> 10 yrs?)

Why? I've read numerous times in this forum, that Miami continues to receive a good number of immigrants. So basically, I'm trying to find out where most of these immigrants decide to live in Miami once they're there. I'm not talking about the usual migrant families that I know often live in the area of Homestead. I'm, perhaps, more interested in the south american, central america, caribbean immigrant who does not work the farms and immigrates to the U.S.

So, while I tried to answer the question myself, I thought maybe Doral would be that place. If that is so [most undocumented immigrants end up in Doral], are they mostly local business owners in Doral? Are they employees?

If anyone has a clue, please let me know - thanks!
Doral is a vibrant mix of of mostly Venezuelan semi-citizens and upper class refugees with bought U.S. visas from Caracas. The foreign born population has to be at least 2/3's.

What scares me the most about these people is where they got their drivers licences from... They should have to take an American drivers exam in ENGLISH... Maybe this would weed out the worst of the worst (bad drivers who also can't speak English)...

Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM

8 posts, read 8,162 times
No, rich people don't need to learn foreign languages since they are native.

Rich people are natives anywhere.

Poor and monolingual people are foreigners anywhere, they can't even work as servants.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 PM

19 posts, read 50,490 times
People not speaking English is the least of my concerns, bad drivers? Well, I'll just say I'm glad about the rumors I've heard about the Doral police...

Old 08-18-2009, 03:59 PM

8 posts, read 8,162 times
But weren't you required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
Doral Billiards people -- great place

I don't think there's a finer pool hall on earth, in all honesty.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM

15 posts, read 42,271 times
I have been reading this post and would like to ask, how Venezuelans behave in Doral? I know most of my fellow venezuelans drive awful, because here about 70% should have their driver licenses revoked, and think that tehy can do in the States the same as in Venezuela.

I lived in Texas for almost 3 years, about 20+ years ago, and all I did was live like an american, trying to blend and was great, but I know many don`t give up their "customs".

How do they do in Doral?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:45 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelVicente View Post
I have been reading this post and would like to ask, how Venezuelans behave in Doral? I know most of my fellow venezuelans drive awful, because here about 70% should have their driver licenses revoked, and think that tehy can do in the States the same as in Venezuela.

I lived in Texas for almost 3 years, about 20+ years ago, and all I did was live like an american, trying to blend and was great, but I know many don`t give up their "customs".

How do they do in Doral?
I lived near Doral for 2 years (FIU). They drive exactly like you said, with pasión!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami