Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
There are no "ghetto" parts of Miami Springs, Kendall, or Doral. .
I was driving on Kendall Dr today (east Kendall) and saw townhouses that looked just like Hialeah, complete with the burglar bars.

7-11 - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I was driving on Kendall Dr today (east Kendall) and saw townhouses that looked just like Hialeah, complete with the burglar bars.

7-11 - Google Maps
You wish... Maybe some parts of West Hialeah, but nothing in this planet looks like East Hialeah.

That looks like an apartment building. There are several apartment buildings along Kendall Drive since forever, but if you go inside the neighborhoods, those are "no" Hialeah homes, That's more like the Baptist area

Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM

The area around is is very nice, but how are those buildings in the streetview different from those? Did you see the burglar bars?

hialeah fl - Google Maps

There are also sections of Hialeah that resemble some of the neighborhoods behind Baptist Health

hialeah fl - Google Maps

Point being, yes obviously east Kendall is generally nicer than Hialeah, but there are not "no ghetto areas" in Kendall, in fact a lot of, but not all of west Kendall has a "quasi-ghetto" feel.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
There are no "ghetto" parts of Miami Springs, Kendall, or Doral. These are all decent places and have many middle-to-upper-income professionals living there. Around where you live (Flagami) is much more run-down than anywhere you have named.

wasnt calling miami springs ghetto, was referring to the people wannabe gangstas.. but yeah ur right. miami springs does have the ****ty looking apartments though, the ones by the circle( the white ones) and the yellow ones by miami springs high.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Quote:
The area around is is very nice, but how are those buildings in the streetview different from those? Did you see the burglar bars?

hialeah fl - Google Maps

There are also sections of Hialeah that resemble some of the neighborhoods behind Baptist Health

hialeah fl - Google Maps

Point being, yes obviously east Kendall is generally nicer than Hialeah, but there are not "no ghetto areas" in Kendall, in fact a lot of, but not all of west Kendall has a "quasi-ghetto" feel.
Those look more like rowhouses than townhouses just by the way they are interconnected. I would say Kendall is nicer because it is not industrial like Hialeah. Industrial has that ghetto look and feel to it.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,902 times
the first photos are of the lovell townhomes and the adler townhomes built in the late 1960s to mid 1970s. those town homes are spacious and the lakes are quite large. the second satellite image is of the lovell homes developement of palm springs lakes. those homes average 1600 sq ft and sell currently for about $400k if they are lakefront lots. the street in question was until hurricane wilma lined with fifty year old mahogany trees that actually created a tunnel and offered broad shade. lamentably the hurricane damaged or killed all of those old trees and the effect on the neighborhood is stark. that particular neighborhood in west hialeah is ten thousand times more desirable of a place to live than a comparable one in kendall, the services in hialeah are unsurpassed in dade county. in comparison, kendall is a cesspool and in my opinion not unlike east hialeah in many respects sans the warehouse districts. furthermore if you gave me a house in kendall I'd rent it out and live in miami gardens instead. the north end of the county is far better than anything in the south for the savvy homeowner but YMMV. always remember what PT Barnum claimed humanity was comprised of.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
that particular neighborhood in west hialeah is ten thousand times more desirable of a place to live than a comparable one in kendall, the services in hialeah are unsurpassed in dade county. in comparison, kendall is a cesspool and in my opinion not unlike east hialeah in many respects sans the warehouse districts. furthermore if you gave me a house in kendall I'd rent it out and live in miami gardens instead. the north end of the county is far better than anything in the south for the savvy homeowner but YMMV. always remember what PT Barnum claimed humanity was comprised of.
the address in question is in East Hialeah, not West Hialeah or Miami Gardens. Don't change the topic please

Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita305 View Post
the address in question is in East Hialeah, not West Hialeah or Miami Gardens. Don't change the topic please
I think you'll find free clues in the gift shop over in the lobby.

the google satellite images posted are all in west hialeah.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:

hialeah fl - Google Maps

hialeah fl - Google Maps

Correct link for the second one---- http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hialea...,0.077162&z=14

Old 08-29-2009, 01:57 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,669,844 times
Quote:
The area in bold says all that I need to say, but I will elaborate a bit. First of all, a single apartment complex that isn't "nice" doesn't make an area "ghetto." Second, just because a couple of people have barred windows does not mean that the apartments are bad. There are homes valued at over $1,000,000 in safe, desirable neighborhoods where owners choose to put bars on the windows either for decoration or due to what they are accustomed to doing. You may not like the aesthetic of that, but all over Latin America and Latin Europe, bars on windows at the street level are customary, even in upper class, extremely safe neighborhoods. People in the United States often equate barred windows with "ghetto" neighborhoods, but I honestly cannot name a single neighborhood in Miami-Dade County (Pinecrest, mid-beach Miami Beach, Surfside, Palmetto Bay, East Kendall, Miami Lakes, Coral Gables included) where at least some of the owners of the homes choose not to put bars on the windows of their homes.

Quote:
I'd like someone to give me specific addresses and intersections of these "ghetto" areas of Kendall. I know of NONE. Yes, there are some working-class apartment complexes around, but there are no largely run-down and unsafe areas ANYWHERE in Kendall.

So that no one is confused about the boundaries of Kendall, I have posted a Google map with boundaries drawn: Kendall Boundaries - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami