Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 49,355 times

Advertisements

Hello Miamians!

I'm from Louisville, Ky, but will be taking a job in the Miami Shores area in July.

Is Miami Shores a relatively safe place to live? What's it like?

And are there other areas close by that would be better?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 PM

158 posts, read 647,207 times
Miami Shores is a quiet, clean, and has a small town feel surrounded by a bustling city. The city has lots of tree coverage and has beautiful old houses, the area is really safe too.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:32 PM

159 posts, read 803,925 times
Are you the new principal for Doctors Charter School? If so, I attend the school and I would like to congratulate you on your new position as principal. If not, forget about. hahah

The Village of Miami Shores is a beautiful municipality in Northern Dade County. Compared to every other city around it, Miami Shores stands out as a really great place to live. Like the guy above me said, it's tranquil, safe, and has that small town feel that we all like to have in a bustling metropolitan especially down here in South Florida. I try to spend as much time in the Shores as possible. Wish I lived there. They have strict zoning codes, etc. Not to mention their police responds fast to any little problem. Can be a bit bothersome, but if you're really worried about your safety, those guys are there. For the most part Miami Shores is beautiful, but towards Barry Univ. is where it starts to go downhill.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:44 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMR09 View Post
Miami Shores is a quiet, clean, and has a small town feel surrounded by a bustling city. The city has lots of tree coverage and has beautiful old houses, the area is really safe too.

I agree. I like Miami Shores, as well.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:45 AM

432 posts, read 1,879,274 times
It is a desireable area and has been for a very long time.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:20 PM

7 posts, read 49,355 times
Thanks guys!

I'm happy to know that it is a quality area!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I would LOVE to live in Miami, on a canal preferably, have a boat and some jet skis...

I love the water and would LOVE to be surrounded by it.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 PM

13 posts, read 73,891 times
I've lived in Miami Shores for over 25 years and it's an incredible place. I am an architect and Realtor and can't say enough about it in my blog. It's a tight community where your neighbors have your keys and kids play in the streets. It has a great diverse group of people and would not change it for the world.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 AM

440 posts, read 1,495,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas3000 View Post
Hello Miamians!

I'm from Louisville, Ky, but will be taking a job in the Miami Shores area in July.

Is Miami Shores a relatively safe place to live? What's it like?

And are there other areas close by that would be better?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks
You can't lose with Miami Shores as it is an oasis ... if you want to do shopping and restaurants .. Aventura is near by and if you want to do the city thing both downtown Ft.Lauderdale and downtown Miami are close by for cultural and sporting events .

Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 AM

13 posts, read 73,891 times
Musclehead - Miami Shores is fantastic and everyone wants in! What most people are doing is renting for the first 6 months to a year to figure out which neighborhood they like best and then going ahead and renting.

Take a look at my site when you have a chance to see all the activities and events within Miami Shores, I really can't say enough about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami