Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Doggie,

I read on another thread that Coconut Grove wasn't nice. Is this true? I was always under the impression it was a very nice place to live.
For the most part it's very nice and the homes cost in the millions. However, there is a portion (more or less the area of Grand Ave to the south, Sw 32nd Ave to the east, and US 1 to the north/west) that isn't so great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Doggie,

I read on another thread that Coconut Grove wasn't nice. Is this true? I was always under the impression it was a very nice place to live.
i lived there, its a very nice area. the problem was i was paying to live in an area that i never used. i spent most of my time downtown or on miami beach. you definitely pay the price to live in the grove so make sure you REALLY want to be in that area before you move there.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklementowski1 View Post
It looks like our Office will be a little south of the Miami International Airport, near the 836 and North LeJune Road. What would a commute be like from say, South Broward County?
Miserable.

Brickell, maybe Coconut Grove or Coral Gables, maybe Miami Beach.

Why south Broward? You have a special reason?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 5,694 times
No real reason for South Broward except for a friend/coworker told me if I did not want to live in Miami, that would be a better option. Ive looked at maps, but you cant really tell much about a commute from that. While it looks short distance wise, im assuming the traffic in miami will make it unbearable?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
South Broward is nothing more than suburban sprawl full of traffic which exploded after Hurricane Andrew in 1992. If you enjoy the dull & lifeless suburbs then by all means. As for traffic south Broward to the area you are speaking of for work is commuter hell during rush hour. If you live east of it in Brickell, the Grove or South beach you are doing a reverse commute during rush hours.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 AM

4 posts, read 5,694 times
Im not a big fan of suburban life, so Ill look in Miami. Id much rather find a sidewalk cafe or somethin mom and pop style than the chain restaraunts you find in the burbs. Commute wise it seems like a much better idea. Thank you all for the advice.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 PM

18 posts, read 70,270 times
Defintitely hire a Realtor. I suggest you look in the Gables, if you are going to be near the airport. The commute will be nothing - 10 minutes with traffic - there are tons of restaurants and shopping, lots of areas for walking and many rental options, especially duplexes. Besides, saying you live in the Gables has some weight with the ladies. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Only 3 places have international glamour...

Coral Gables,since...forever,the "Manhattan" of Mia
Coconut Grove,since the movie "Scarface ",the "Greenwich Village"
& Miami Beach,the "Hamptons",since ...always & SoBe since the...eponymous diet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami