Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM

24 posts, read 39,860 times

Advertisements

Two words that make the "mediums" nervous...James Randi. Apparently no "medium" needs any extra cash. If they did, they would step up to Randi's challenge and make history....as well as millions of believers. Since this challenge has been on the table for so many years now, it kind of speaks volumes on the validity of this nonsense.

MC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Ignorance is talking about something you know nothing about.
Disgusting is telling vulnerable people you can do something you cannot, then taking their money.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 AM

708 posts, read 1,296,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Disgusting is telling vulnerable people you can do something you cannot, then taking their money.
I have seen a few mediums and have had an incredible experience in hearing from my loved ones. It's hard to comprehend someone making a generalization about something they have never experienced. I would call that stupid.

Why do people feel that they have the right to make such bold comments that are taken as facts when you could have easily said that I belive that mediums are taking you money, or that I think that mediums are taking your money. Because in FACT, unless you have been to a medium then you have no right to comment on their validity.

Actually,there are only a handful of the real deal mediums and I have been to the most prolific, which is George Anderson, www.georgeanderson.com.

It's like watching FOX news and listening to Rush Limbaugh all day and think you have a clue as to what is really going on. You just hear one side, albeit it the crazy side, and you don't have the whole story.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:01 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
It's hard to comprehend someone making a generalization about something they have never experienced. I would call that stupid.
And yet you do... Where do I say I have never been to a "medium?" I didn't because I have been to a couple, just to have the experience. My dead Grandmother sent me a message through one of them, which both living (and only) Grandmothers thought was quite humorous. So they must not only travel between the astral planes, but also time travel as well. EVERY single medium I have seen, or heard of, charges for their services; so saying they take your money seems to be a pretty fair and accurate statement, you can leave the word games out of it.

Do I think they are real? Yes, real frauds. There have been generations of people who believe their BS and generations of others who have proven over and over it is nothing more than parlor tricks. If you chose to believe in smoke and mirrors, go ahead. Others, such as myself, have chosen to believe the truth and are not afraid to call a fraud as we see them. The argument that I just haven't seen a real one doesn't hold up either, because there are NO real persons who can deliver messages from people who have died and passed on. To say so, goes against most religions and common sense. To charge for such things is despicable and slimy.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,537 times
STL - Just because you "believe" something to be true, does not make it so. People "believed" the world was flat. It was not so.

There is such as thing as definitive truth. Everyone's opinions are not equally valid.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Med.Coder View Post
Two words that make the "mediums" nervous...James Randi. Apparently no "medium" needs any extra cash. If they did, they would step up to Randi's challenge and make history....as well as millions of believers. Since this challenge has been on the table for so many years now, it kind of speaks volumes on the validity of this nonsense.

MC
Harry Houdini issued the same challege. He was desperate to contact his dead mother. He offered a huge reward. he got lots of takers. He proved them all to be frauds. He also left a secret code with his wife Bess. He told her when I die, if it is at all possible to contact you, I will. You will know it is real becasue you will never give the code to anyone, so if they cannot give you the code, it is nto a real contact. Bess tried all kinds of purported "real" mediums and other means of contact. No luck.

There have been others who do the same thing as James Randi. they are always able to prove the medium is a fraud.

Granted, some mediums do not even know they are frauds. That is where they differ from magicians, clowns and actors. They are unusually observant without conscious effort. Anyone can work themselves into a trance like state where they think they hear things. For some, their unusualy powers of observation creates reults of uncanny accuracy when they are thinking about the person. When they are wrong, they just explain it away. Some convince hemselves that they are actually talking to spirits. Even when they are proven to be fake, they go on believing it.

Even fruaudlent mediums can perform a useful service. First they are great entertainment like a magician, because what they do is mystifiing and difficult to figure out. Second for some people they may actually help them resolve grieving issues and possibly even help people stay or regain sanity. Since mediums are always reassuring (to my knowledge), they may be beneficial to people who believe it is real contact with a lost love. I do nto think mediums ever come back and say "I talked to your dead husband, he always secretly hated you, he is burning in hell and hopes you end up there too" It is always "He is waiting for you" "Everything is (or will be ) OK" Certainly never "He wants you to quit wasting your money trying to talk to him, he will see you soon enough" (which would be my message if I could give one to my wife). I do not think that woudl get passed on even if there was a real means to contact dead people.

The other thing that is funny to me, is all the cermony and presentation they go through. If it were real, the medium woudl sit behind the counter, you would give her $50 she would close her eyes and tell you "You wife left the $5,000 emergency cash underneath her jewlrey box on the tall dresser" and you would go home. It would take 5 seconds. But since it is infact a performance for entertainment, it must include a grea deal of ceremony and pomp.

Personally, I think all mediums should start making balloon animals for their customers. It is nice to have a token of the highlight of the performance. Besides, when I do a magic show, I usually make balloon animals for the attendees. Mediums should do it too.

Oh and Yes, I have gone to meidums in the past. Some of them are stupid, some of them are immensly entertaining. Is works better if you are drunk when you go. At least if you are otherwise likely to figure out what they are doing. Being drunk makes it easier to suspend disbelief for a time and that makes it more entertaining.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 08-09-2012 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,291 times
I would believe the reading body language comments and other signs they look for but how can they know things that were saidand I do not mean regulartype things. I was a big skeptic but boy was that changed. Specific things not generalizations did that for me. As far as those that have had contact with entertainers I understand. But I have ran across what I feel is real and wish you also could have had that experience.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
I'm a michigan Medium..and wow seriously what a journey. I kept it a secret even when I didn't know what it was. I can tell you I'm an alpha female who has owned and operated my own business without doing medium work. At first I tried to ignore the instincts and messages because I was so afraid of everything.....like seriously you want me to say what to your daughter! I didn't want to get publicly stoned or much worse blasted on social media. Listen I take a big risk letting the public know that although in every way possible I am "Normal" I still connect with those souls who have crossed over.Now that I've read for another medium who is famous I feel like maybe this gift should come out to help those who are grieving. I have always felt a special connection to be a part of hospice. People I am a huge skeptic now believer and i am a psychic and medium. Answers to some of your posts: Yes spirits show us what heaven is like because the energetic vibrations that I empathic ally feel when they speak to me is free of judgment criticism fear anger (some can be frustrated though)...I've been only fearful a few times. The shows on TV are soooo dramatic...hey guys seriously figure this their is a heaven Don't you think buy now Einstein (god, aerostotle moses mother mary)would have figured out how to communicate back. I'm living truth that their can. Be contact made and confirmed. I recently lost my father and we discussed communicating through certain images. I am proud to represent the Operators on Earth..I'm not sure why people worry about lottery nbrs..simply if you are meant to win you win. I win just as much as the other guy. Nothing special ...i don't recommend anyone call a psychic for a number..really mediums want to communicate significant messages that are deemed important to the lost loved ones in heaven..they decide what you need to hear or maybe just feel relief knowing they are in a better place.
It doesn't matter what we want to hear we hear what we are meant to hear. Good bad confusing or other. It's your loved ones communicating with you..not so much you finding out where all the monies buried. Lol..it's a job to live here, it's hard work to acknowledge our failures or fears and make good on them.. If you are ready to work on you. Give me a call your loved ones are waiting. 586 716 2206. [url=http://Www.readingsbyheather.com]Psychic Readings, Medium - Readingsbyheather.com - New Baltimore, Mi[/url] $50 a reading..New Baltimore, Michigan
Response to some posts:
...i don't know peoples phone nbrs and i certainly do open the conversation up with how can I help you...what else would any red blooded all American say?

Fear drives a lot of these posts. Fear of now knowing what comes next. Fear that our judge and jury sees your every move and thought. Fear of being punished. Fear that you may get called out for sticking your head in the sand. Fear that you haven't been living a life pure and honest..Just going to say we are all human we all make mistakes but you can change that..we need to feel joy we yearn to feel joy..i know that our loved ones want us to feel the glory as well. Heavy I know..but **** ...thats Life

Old 08-11-2014, 03:13 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
You are the best medium to communicate with your deceased loved ones. The only kosher medium I ever knew is not only dead himself now, but he refused to communicate with dead relatives because he kept catching himself letting his own agenda sneak into the conversation, which he felt was unfair to everyone concerned. I suggest looking up a good book on improving your own abilities. Wish I could be of more help!

Old 05-28-2016, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 674 times
Very true be careful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan