Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times

Advertisements

Ahhh! the Privateers have sailed into Ludington Harbor!

Yesterday the Lynx sailed into Ludington as part of it's tour of the Great Lakes, and the Pride Of Baltimore II is scheduled to arrive as I type this. They will be in town this week-end and they are offering tours of both ships while docked for $10 per adult and kids 12 and under free, that included a tour of both ships. I am taking the kids down there today, and then watch one of their "battle sails" where they go out and sail in a mock battle, firing their deck guns while maneuvering in the lake. Should be a real treat to see. If you have even more extra cash laying around there are a few spots on the ships themselves during the battle sails for $65 for adults and $35 for kids 12 and under. My clan will have to settle for the static tours while docked .

Also tonight is the last "Friday Night Live" of the Summer in downtown Ludington. There is live music, bounce houses, and fun stuff for the entire family. They block off the main drag (Ludington Ave.) and hold everything right on the street... free.

Thought I would share the information. Maybe somebody here was wondering if there was something a bit different to do tonight or this week-end. I will be there for sure with the family having a great time as usual and visiting the ships while in town. Not everyday I get to take the kiddos on board an 1800's Privateer Ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times
Those ships are beautiful! I wish I could make it up there...lucky you!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 PM

351 posts, read 797,594 times
yeah very cool looking, I just saw them last week in Mqt. If you get a chance, go see them!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 PM

391 posts, read 907,120 times
any pics, Bydand?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:47 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicrowbar View Post
any pics, Bydand?
Forgot about posting any, thanks for the reminder.

This is one of the front two sails on the Pride of Baltimore. (I think they are the Jib and maybe a Flying Jib)

I thought this was kind of cool. They docked the Pride of Baltimore right in front of "The Mariner" statue in Ludingtons Marina (sculpture) park.

The bow of the Lynx, taken from the stern of the Pride of Baltimore.

Looking up into the rigging on the Lynx.

One of the small swivel guns on the Lynx.

Every piece of woodwork was varnished and polished to a beautiful mirror finish. Even the lowly blocks in the rigging.

The Lynx out on Lake Michigan

The Pride of Baltimore out on Lake Michigan

The Lynx coming into Ludington Harbor

Pride of Baltimore making her turn to come into the Harbor

Pride of Baltimore coming into Ludington Harbor

The Pride of Baltimore between the breakwalls and headed for her berth in Pere Marquette Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan