Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:02 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypurdue View Post
Inspired by the Jackson post... what ideas do you Flintstones out there have for improving the city?
Just nuke it and get it over with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Actually Flint is doing some good things. They are remodling some buildings downtown, opening up a restaurant, bringing more student dorms and that is helping bring the younger crowd around. Not that Flint is bustling by any means, but they are headed in the right direction. They are really in a tight spot with crime, housing and all that, but I still love to go to the Miller rd, Linden Rd, Corunna rd area. There is the mall, and a ton of great stores, and a lot of awesome places to eat! Wheneve peolple hear the word Flint, they automatically think of bad things, but even though I don't live there I do live 10 minutes away, so I spent a lot of time growing up there, worked quite a few years there at the mall and stuff. I also worked the north flint area many, many years ago at a rental place. So I made a lot of stops in the worst parts of town. I have to say in the year I worked there I only had one minor incident, but I had a lot of fun and almost everyone I met was real nice. Flint is still one of my favorite places to go.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
flint is trying by bring housing to the UofM flint....hopefully they can continue down that path.

They have to be willing to really let it take over.

Other college satellites in other states have made a get go of a town...hopefully it can do the same.

Actually, this is what I have been thinking, too. Flint should really push the service industry company to cater to students. I think its great that they've built a dormitory, Now, throw in a few Starbucks and some 24 hour places that students can go to study on those "all-nighters" and other places which cater to students and flint may have a chance.

Personally, as soon as I was 17, I left flint and never looked back -- except for my family -- and Vernors and Coney Island's made with Koegel hot dogs --I really have no reason to ever go to Flint anymore, but I sure hate to see it die the slow, lingering death that it is.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,774 times
small business, small business, smalll business. The opportunities are immense. Need ideas? Visit Ann Arbor.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 AM

37 posts, read 35,877 times
Small business, hahahahaha, No one has a job or money to support small business. Ann Arbor has the university and the wealthy moved there years ago because of the university. I like the nuke idea, Flint is dead,just finish it off, its like watching a horse that broke all 4 of its legs squirm around in death throws.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,822 times
no, no nuking flint please. i am rooting for flint. i hope someday it turns around and lives to its potential. {{{{{{{flint}}}}}}}

Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,760 times
Um, yeah. No need to nuke it. I go to school there at Kettering, and I like Flint. It's neighboorhoods have the character of cities like Ann Arbor or some parts of San Fran, but needs jobs and money to turn it around.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,423,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ya know Flint use to be a thriving town pretty sad I'd say that it is in the state it is now in. I know this is not a solution heres one maybe get away from the auto industry and lure some big business's into the city how does one go about doing that I don't know.
Hasn't that been Flint's plan since 1989?

So much for that.

Quote:
small business, small business, smalll business. The opportunities are immense. Need ideas? Visit Ann Arbor.
The entire state of Michigan supports Ann Arbor through U-M. Take U-M out of the equation, Ann Arbor would be just like any small town in Michigan.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar Nazi View Post
Um, yeah. No need to nuke it. I go to school there at Kettering, and I like Flint. It's neighboorhoods have the character of cities like Ann Arbor or some parts of San Fran, but needs jobs and money to turn it around.
Yeah, Flint is not that bad, and the surrounding areas are real nice. I go to Flint all the time and love it!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,830 times
if flint (and genesee county) doesn't get get rid of the too many lamebrains trying to run things it will never be a place to raise a family. corruption, crime,drugs and no law enforcement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan