Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:44 AM

15 posts, read 30,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
While it is true that Novi is one of the better areas to live in S.E. Michigan, it is generally going to be at the bottom of the list of the nicer places to live.
lol..You just can't let it go can you? Oh well, this thread might get 1000 views...maybe 2000 before it's finally done. A far cry from 20M who read Family Circle. For those FC readers, most who never had any intention of moving to Michigan, just knowing that they've seen Novi, MI as a top 10 place for families in the nation is good enough for me.

What's really funny is that the OP is long gone. Even asked how to delete threads after I (PureMichigan) came out of the blue to bust their little game. ROTFLOL. I suspect it was one of the old timers around here looking to cause trouble, maybe even you since you're putting up such a valiant fight. But of course I can't really be sure.

Anyway... I've had my fun with all of you (thank you very much), I've made my point and I'm done with this tread. You and your aliases may bash away unabated....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM

8 posts, read 48,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amomoffour View Post
I don't know..but isn't Novi and Northville...are like back to back...When I went to visit...I couldn't even tell if I was in Northville or Novi...they were that close...if it wasn't for the Realtor telling me that's a Northville address or Novi address. What about the Land fill, jail and the psych hospital (even though it's closed)..it was concerning to me. City of Novi had a much more interactive website then Northville. Northville downtown is cute...but anyone can visit it..just like anyone can visit the mall in Novi. I agree that homes in Northville appear more unique and less "trackish". I can't wait till I come visit and see for myself:-))
Amomoffour ... I replied to one of your other threads. (Ann Arbor, Northville, or Novi)

Landfill is on the west side of town (6 mile, west of Ridge Rd.). When first moved here 3 years ago, we rented in a nearby neighborhood (within a mile), we could smell it occassionally. Though we chose not to buy a house that close. (didn't like the occassional whiff). Eventually, bought a house about 2.5 miles away and it's fine. There are a lot of very affluent homes (up to 1 mil+) within a mile of the landfill with a lot of highly educated people. (whatever that's worth)

Psych center is closed as is the jail. Short of being eyesores, really no big deal. Neither is near downtown. You quickly forget they are even there. You might think these attributes would give a negative stigma to Northville. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Northville is the one of those towns people take pride in saying they live here. It's affluent, but not snobby (IMO). I've met some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life here.

Outside of downtown, Northville and Novi are very similar. Nice thing about Northville ... downtown & close to Plymouth (which has a better downtown in my opinion ... especially true in the summer time with their festivals like Art in the Park.). Northville is a little more hilly and more trees. Coming from the Northeast, this makes it feel a little more like home for me.

Sounds to me like you are looking for good schools with great activities for kids and a good community. With that in mind, you really can't go wrong in either town. After that, it depends on whether you want to be closer to a nice downtown area or big box stores and a very nice mall (Twelve Oaks - Nordstrums, Lord & Taylor, etc.). Also, fitness centers. Both of the big ones are in Novi (Novi Sports Club and Lifetime Fitness) They are on the southside of Novi. Easy reach from Northville.

We shopped both towns when we were looking. Settled on Northville. We are happy with our decision.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 PM

24 posts, read 115,206 times
thanks Pinstripes:-) Your feedback is very helpful, I guess it's going to come down which one will have the right home for us for sale:-)
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan