Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times

Advertisements

RopeS,am just curious,where are you moving Tnnessee? I had wanted to move there, but it did'nt work out for what little money I had. We were looking around the Seymour-Knoxville area.I would so much like to be down there.

Last edited by kathys; 01-26-2009 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 AM

157 posts, read 1,093,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
RopeS,am just curious,where are you moving Tnnessee? I had wanted to move there, but it did'nt work out for what little money I had. We were looking around the Seymour-Knoxville area.I would so much like to be down there.

That is a nice area for sure. I'll be moving to the Nashville area. I just enjoy the feel of the city there, and the 'country' is not too far out. Granted, there's not the big mountains there, but the hills are good enough for me.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeS View Post
That is a nice area for sure. I'll be moving to the Nashville area. I just enjoy the feel of the city there, and the 'country' is not too far out. Granted, there's not the big mountains there, but the hills are good enough for me.
What does the job market / economy look like in the Nashville area?

(sorry, don't mean to hijack.. )

Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 PM

157 posts, read 1,093,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
What does the job market / economy look like in the Nashville area?

(sorry, don't mean to hijack.. )
Overall, it's a little better than MI (most places are..) but not thriving. It's tough finding a job anywhere it seems.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:02 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times
Default moving

RopeS The bad thing is the sales tax, almost 10 % and they tax food also, but I'm not sure if that is the same rate. The good thing is no state tax. Nashville would be nice also. I have a friend who lives in Monterey, which is between Knoxville and Nashville. There are some hills in that area also, more so than Nashville. Hope you have good luck there. wish I was going.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 35,164 times
Update on my move to Indiana.

I didn't get the job in Auburn, IN, but I am interviewing for a position in Indianapolis, IN. This sounds like it would be a great move for me and my family. Anything I can do to get away from the continuing problems of Michigan is OK by me.

I still would like to have some property in Michigan. I've lived here my entire life and I really do love the state. Fortunately, I'd only be 6 hours away by car.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:24 PM

278 posts, read 1,001,677 times
In Battle Creek, where I am from, the whole city revolved around manufactoring of somekind... Either Kelloggs, Denso or other various factories.. All of which had serious layoffs. House invasion is up. Service industry is down... real estate is down...

Yes the state is very VERY beautiful, theres a lot naturally to do and LOTS of beautiful natural FRESH water... BUT if you cant pay your bills... then why stay when other states are doing better...

Granted theres no state right now thats doing GREAT :/ .... but there are MANY that are doing better..

Personally, we are trying to get out. All my family has left... and family is important. I want to live closer to them... I also want more livable land... with a longer growing season. I want to homestead. Thats the main reason we are leaving.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:34 PM

541 posts, read 984,869 times
if i move anywhere,hafta be florida,did the desert,besides,daytona bike run...nuff saif

Old 04-18-2009, 07:46 PM

67 posts, read 213,837 times
I don't care anymore I want out of Michigan. I currently have a job as does my wife, but it aint stable, and aint good. She works within kelly services and they are cutting her hours way back. I WANT OUT> please take me with you

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM

939 posts, read 2,680,990 times
My wife and I are staying here. I start a new job in healthcare in 2 months and wife is a paralegal. Four seasons, no street gangs, no riff raff, beautiful scenery, rivers, Lake Michigan, Grand Traverse Bay. Northern Michigan is THE place to be unless you need to live in a large city or are unable to make a living. To everyone who wants to leave, best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan