Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 14,573 times

Advertisements

I know there are some beautiful sunsets along Lake Michigan. Does anyone have recommendations for a one week rental / bed and breakfast / state park in the area. Looking for a place in the spring / summer for a week.

Also are there a few places where all the people do not go? More remote areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 07:12 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfwolf View Post
I know there are some beautiful sunsets along Lake Michigan. Does anyone have recommendations for a one week rental / bed and breakfast / state park in the area. Looking for a place in the spring / summer for a week.

Also are there a few places where all the people do not go? More remote areas.
I love Hoffmaster State Park, in between Muskegon and Grand Haven... Very nice and there is usually a stretch of land where no one is along the 2+ miles of shoreline that the park has. There are some rentals nearby. Also look along Rosy Mound Park just to the south of Grand Haven, or Lake Shore Park (?) just to the north of Hoffmaster.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I love Hoffmaster State Park, in between Muskegon and Grand Haven... Very nice and there is usually a stretch of land where no one is along the 2+ miles of shoreline that the park has. There are some rentals nearby. Also look along Rosy Mound Park just to the south of Grand Haven, or Lake Shore Park (?) just to the north of Hoffmaster.
Hoffmaster is a wonderful suggestion. Close to Grand Haven, yet a very quiet campground.

I've already started making my reservations to Michigan state parks for 2008. You can make reservations 6 months prior to your date and I recommend making your reservations early.

I also can't say enough about Ludington State Park. Camped there twice last summer while it was at capacity and still found myself very secluded on miles of white beach.

Here is a sunset I took at Hoffmaster and Grand Haven this past summer on two different trips.

Hoffmaster State Park-

Grand Haven State Park-

Old 12-27-2007, 08:20 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,530 times
Michigan State Parks reservations website. (http://www.midnrreservations.com/campgrounds/index.cfm - broken link)

It takes some time to learn all the ins and outs of this website, but once you have it down, it's a cinch to make fast reservations.

I look at campground maps, even Google Earth to get a feel for the site (how close it is to the water, etc) before I pick a site.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:51 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,858,652 times
My sister, husband and family rented a cabin for a week right along the Southern side of the Muskegon Channel on Fulton Street. It's a beautiful walk to Pere Marquette Beach for sunsets, and you're also near the beach on Muskegon Lake. The cabin was beautiful and was built right into the sand dune. I'll have to see if I can find it online.

Here is a link right to the spot on googlemaps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1

It's also cool to watch the boats and the ferries coming and going, and they were there during the Tall Ships Festival and watched the scooners (sp?) coming and going.

Hoffmaster (as mentioned) is a beautiful state park. The downside it is quite a hike through the dunes to get to the beach from the campground, unless you drive over to the public beach.

Last edited by magellan; 12-27-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan