Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 7,015 times

Advertisements

somewhere in metro detroit. sterling heights, shelby township, utica, troy, rochester, royal oak???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 10:41 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
What kind of shpping? Mall shopping?

Rochester hills/Bloomfield. You probably want to be in range of great Lakes Crossing and Somerset mall both. Maybe close to the bridge so you can go to Windsor.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 PM

3 posts, read 7,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
What kind of shpping? Mall shopping?

Rochester hills/Bloomfield. You probably want to be in range of great Lakes Crossing and Somerset mall both. Maybe close to the bridge so you can go to Windsor.
yes shopping malls. thanks:]

Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
I'd say Royal Oak, Novi of course, and for more of a hometown feel with fewer malls but lots more little stores full of cool stuff, Ann Arbor.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:45 AM

27 posts, read 97,054 times
Macomb Twp has every store you can imagine on M-59. Very nice, newer housing as well. They have Lakeside Mall and the new outdoor mall Partridge Creek just opened. Great food stores as well...Nino Salvaggio and Randazzo.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Somerset mall rivals any mall anywhere. It is not huge, but good sized and all the fancy stores that you could want. Great lakes Crossing has all the rest of the big chain stores.

They are correct that Ann Arbor has loads of independent shops. Some are a bit weird.

We like to shop at a mall near Toledo if we absolutely must go to a mall. Not as nice as somerset, but not as overwhelming either. Windsor is a decent place for shopping. Personally, I do 90% of my shopping online, about 55 at small independent shops and boutiques and the rest at chain retail stores. Shopping is a chore that I would prefer to get in get done and get out. I would rather shovel snow out of the driveway, or perhaps have some nice dental surgery.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:26 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,464 times
I'm in Utica, not far from the Lakeside Area. There's all kinds of big chain stores and there's Lakeside Mall. Someone mentioned Partridge Creek Mall which is right down the road pretty much.

I'm about 20 minutes from Somerset Mall in Troy, another big shopping area.

I'm also about 25 minutes from Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills.

I'm not much of a mall shopper myself...I tend towards supporting local business in Ferndale, Royal Oak (harder these days though there), and Berkley.

But, you can't really go wrong any place in Metro Detroit. Most places are close to a mall LOL

Enjoy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan