Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times

Advertisements

This whole story is crazy. It's unbelievable that someone at DTE with authority can't fix this problem immediately. I would guess that someone is not minding the store.

When I lived in MI, I had DTE for electricity and Consumers Power for gas heat. I always found it funny that I would get a bill EVERY month from CP. Yep, even in the summertime when I didn't use my furnace. It was called a "service charge". How can you charge me for service if I didn't use your service? It was simply to keep the account active and the gas line open. Big deal, right?

It is if they're charging all of their customers. Gotta love those monopolies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therrboomer View Post
Most utility companies have a gizmo (that's short for don't know correct name of device) on your meter that the meter reader person can read remotely from the DTE vehicle.
Yes, they can read it from their truck if you do not have an ancient meter.
Mine was installed in 1977 !

I have also had major trouble with DTE. I watched as the meter reader came to my fence, while talking on Her cell laughing about something, looked into my yard and left. (My meter is behind my house. no way She could have seen it.) I then get a bill for an "actual" reading. No frickin way was it actual. I contacted DTE and they told me if I thought my bill was inaccurate, then I could read the meter myself. NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE DTE !!!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
THat is how we got this mess resolved. DTE ignored us or gave us the run around and ruined our credit until I filed a complaint, then suddenly I was talking with upper level management people and we got the thing resolved and our credit cleared up very rapidly.

They ended up saying that we owed them something like $1200. I am not sure that is even accurate, but it is far better than $6700 or whatever it was, it did not seem unreasonable, so I paid it and we got it done.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM

850 posts, read 1,897,828 times
i see this thread is old, but read through some of the posts......regarding a post stating that you can pay estimates each month so your bill is consistent throughout the year, why do that? its letting them hold onto your money, kind of like overpaying taxes and getting a refund every year. i would never get on a plan like that, your money is safer in your own hands.....imo

Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 PM

362 posts, read 695,643 times
OH I would be calling Ruth to the rescue fox 2 the BBB and the state attoreny general if I even got one monthly bill over $100.00. I also would be getting the meter readers name when he/she came to read the meter.

All that after I called, public service commission @ 1-800-292-9555.

Al

Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
OH I would be calling Ruth to the rescue fox 2 the BBB and the state attoreny general if I even got one monthly bill over $100.00. I also would be getting the meter readers name when he/she came to read the meter.

All that after I called, public service commission @ 1-800-292-9555.

Al
I contacted some of those television and radio trouble shooter types. they said that they do nto get involved in issues with utility companies.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,903,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I contacted some of those television and radio trouble shooter types. they said that they do nto get involved in issues with utility companies.
Mustn't upset the advertisers. Follow the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: