Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
how do you propose people here get started?start a new party?grass roots effort?i'm all for whatever it takes to get the jackyl's out of lansing,no republican ideology,no democrat ideology,that is what got us in this mess in the first place
By speaking out. let your opinions be known. Example; Blue Cross wants to raze the health care policies by 50 per cent. Today , I called Lansing , and registered my complaint. The lady said the phone has rang all morning about this , I was not the only one....

Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
how do you propose people here get started?start a new party?grass roots effort?i'm all for whatever it takes to get the jackyl's out of lansing,no republican ideology,no democrat ideology,that is what got us in this mess in the first place
I would start by backing off on some environmental laws. Forget "wetland" provisions completely. Also, TIS in the Michigan prisons is clearly NOT working. Bring back "good time". The cost will drop to run the prisons.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:13 PM

72 posts, read 255,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutbujelly View Post
I agree that things can be turned around if we move aggressively to do so. But there are many Neocons who want to keep the status quo. I would be very careful about blaming this on "neocons", and their desire to keep things status quo. There is no "conservative", "neocon", whatever name you want to use, that wants a recession, depression, economic downturn to happen, much less continue. There is just some very strong disapproval of a social spending plan being touted as a "stimulus plan". But on the same token I do not see anything on the horizon as of today that suggests that things will turn anything around. The last stimulus package was a joke (then why is obama trying to do the same thing?. People are loosing homes and Bush thought that 300$ was going to turn things around. LOL If we are to stay away from harder times, we will have to change the way this country does business. The era of greed that has prevailed for years has to be revamped. Many will disagree, but I do not see anything that can change things. Remember that during the last recession of any consequence there were many states that did not really hurt at all. I moved from Michigan to Florida in 81 when you could not buy a job in Michigan and never looked back for 7 years till things recovered. Florida during that time was exploding, and so was California. I had a friend from Michigan move to Florida in 84 to work for a couple of years because I had so much work, and he had nothing in Michigan. Michigan did not pull out till around 92 when the beginning of the building boom started. Now there is no island of prosperity in the sea of despair. There are a few places that are not hit as hard as others but things are still collapsing. Tell me where things are going in a good direction? Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? Where is the new avenue of industry that will bring all the new job's that we are loosing? Tell me all you people who have all the answers. All I hear is silly little people saying that a body shop is doing well. I can tell you I know several body shops in Michigan and they are not doing well. So you have anecdotal evidence that disagrees with someone elses. That doesn't mean either person is correct in assuming that what they see must be the way the whole country is going. Some are keeping afloat, but not thriving as they once were. For every anecdotal story I hear from Driller1 I can give you 10,000 people laid off from CNN. Silly people with silly stories.
Considering you want to bash anyone who posts something positive, how about you tell us what the light at the end of the tunnel is. What is the coming grace that will rescue all state economies from their problems? Everything everyone brings up is not good enough for you, so let's hear what you have to say. No, a few sold signs do not a booming economy make. I don't think a single person who has presented any anecdotal evidence has done so in a manner in which they are stating definitively that the economy in their area has turned around. While you are trying to heap all the crap you can, some of us are instead trying to find a silver lining, and be happy that our town is hiring, that a development in our area is selling their units. After listening to rants like yours, there needs to be some positive news every now and then

Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
By speaking out. let your opinions be known. Example; Blue Cross wants to raze the health care policies by 50 per cent. Today , I called Lansing , and registered my complaint. The lady said the phone has rang all morning about this , I was not the only one....
Lowering health care costs is simple. ONE universal form. Each insurance company and practitioner has their own form but, asks the same questions. One form, run copies.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
hoohoohaa.....most here do not like positive thinking. Thats why I keep my mouth shut most of the time. I have been spending more time looking at states photos and such. Soooo much less depressing.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 PM

72 posts, read 255,741 times
Quote:
Be careful where you throw rocks , It will take a long while to get over the crimes of the last bunch. You don't want to get that started . Recent history is right there in black and white. This is no place to argue politics ,its over , suck it up , and support the new order , our economy , way of life ,and environment depends on it.
Funny, arguing politics is exactly what you and PBJ are doing. You blame the right, I blame the left, and no one goes anywhere. I seem to remember Clinton really screwing some things up too, but your memory may be a bit short on that. It will take a while to get over the crimes of this bunch, now that we realize we don't have to pay taxes, we can just say it was an honest mistake and payback a small part.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoohoohaa13 View Post
Funny, arguing politics is exactly what you and PBJ are doing. You blame the right, I blame the left, and no one goes anywhere. I seem to remember Clinton really screwing some things up too, but your memory may be a bit short on that. It will take a while to get over the crimes of this bunch, now that we realize we don't have to pay taxes, we can just say it was an honest mistake and payback a small part.
I will admit , us lefties , have been tooting our horn a bit lately. Its just all that pent up anger , frustration , and down right revenge , for the last eight years. The lest you guys can do , is help out , and , join in to repair the mess.
In return , I promise to be less critical , of the conservatives. We maybe on a new road to less partisan politics , ...sounds refreshing to me. You might want to work on Rush a little too , let him know the old days are over ,.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Lowering health care costs is simple. ONE universal form. Each insurance company and practitioner has their own form but, asks the same questions. One form, run copies.
How about that ... good idea. I am shocked you are promoting more Government regulations however.lol

Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 PM

21 posts, read 116,065 times
how about a single payer system, yep social medicine and just get rid of the health care insurance scam artists. We are already 2/3 social medicine now, with the VA, Medicare, Medicaid and the like. Lets just go the rest of the way and fix the problem. I am not sure I agree with driller about wet lands. there have been many problems with people filling in wet lands and destroying natures water system. It has caused many problems, with flooding other areas after wet lands have been filled in. One thing I think should be done for wetlands is that if you are restricted from using your land because of wet lands act, then you should be property tax exempted on that land. If you are restricted then you should not have to pay tax on something you can not fully use.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
How about that ... good idea. I am shocked you are promoting more Government regulations however.lol
Just common sense. Look at the the hours of work it would save.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan