Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM

34 posts, read 167,644 times

Advertisements

is it a nice place to live?do they have lakefront homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM

225 posts, read 954,323 times
Yes, Bloomfield Hills is very nice. There are some lakes & many beautiful, expensive homes on those lakes.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:53 AM

151 posts, read 641,232 times
Yes, very expensive place to live. Many automotive executives live in this community.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:58 AM

56 posts, read 369,860 times
There are some BEAUTIFUL lakes just a little further to the West of Bloomfield Hills, further out in Commerce Township-----Cass Lake, Union & Orchard Lake, etc. That said, that lake frontage, too, is expensive!

Old 02-25-2007, 05:52 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Yes, very nice place. If you can afford it you will not be disapointed.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka709 View Post
Yes, very expensive place to live. Many automotive executives live in this community.
and i have read and heard that athlets live there too like dumars , sergei fedorov and anna kournikova lived there for a while too.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:10 AM

91 posts, read 412,018 times
I've heard people are having big problems selling their homes, so you can probably get a good deal off someone desperate.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:38 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,750 times
If I wanted lakefront, I'd look around Orchard Lake...It's gorgeous there with many lovely homes

But, then again, it depends on where you work and what type of commute you would like to have Bloomfield Hills is pretty close to Telegraph Road which will take you to the major freeways, but if you get in the true 'Lakes Area', you'll be taking lots of roads that wind around the lakes to get to the major freeways, which could take time. But, if you want to be on the water, it is often worth the 'sacrifice' to do it...I can relate I'm moving out of here to be by the Pacific Ocean

Much luck in your search

Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
If I wanted lakefront, I'd look around Orchard Lake...It's gorgeous there with many lovely homes

But, then again, it depends on where you work and what type of commute you would like to have Bloomfield Hills is pretty close to Telegraph Road which will take you to the major freeways, but if you get in the true 'Lakes Area', you'll be taking lots of roads that wind around the lakes to get to the major freeways, which could take time. But, if you want to be on the water, it is often worth the 'sacrifice' to do it...I can relate I'm moving out of here to be by the Pacific Ocean

Much luck in your search
what about west bloomfields?

Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,750 times
West Bloomfield has some lake front houses too. The area is similar to Bloomfield Hills, but maybe slightly more wooded areas (this is changing though with developments). Parts of West Bloomfield are near Waterford too. Waterford is a more middle class area, but there are definitely lakefront homes in the area.

If you talk to a real estate agent, make sure they are familiar with the Lakes Area and such. If you're buying lakefront, make sure you get an agent that is super familiar with the areas you are looking in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan