Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:57 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

He only had 2 weeks left until graduation???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 08:58 PM

273 posts, read 209,480 times
I wonder what kind of discharge he'll get. Probably an ELS?

It sounds like they may not try to charge him with fraudulent enlistment. So that's good at least.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:46 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
The people in the military don't have time to play games like that. The best thing to do with losers like this is to get them out as soon as possible. Money and manpower are better spent on those who are able to serve.
I don't know what branch you were in, but in the Army they do, and I have seen em do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
He'll be medically held until all the paperwork is completed, and it's the military so it will take time. They don't care when his class graduates and won't use that to determine a time to release him. 2 to 3 weeks seems reasonable, but there's no telling all the variables involved. Good luck to you guys.
They could move fast if they wanted to, even someone who has been in 30 years gets 2 weeks to finish everything and get out. If they wanted to THEY COULD get him out in less than a week. The point they are trying to make is not to him, but to everyone else; "that you don't just get to quit".

Old 07-26-2016, 07:25 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkhelp View Post
Yes he called and told me he is going back to his unit tonight to finish the papers for discharge. He said it would be 2-3 weeks before he comes home but I'm not sure if he really knows that. He was suppose to graduate in 2 1/2 weeks. Do you think he'll be home before then? Or will they inform him when he'll actually be able to leave?
A real good chance he won't be home before that. They're going to keep him there, let him see his unit graduate, and hopefully that doesn't set him off.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:30 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Most likely they are going to keep him around until after his unit graduates, just to make a point.
I doubt that. I never saw "to make a point" in my 22+ years in the Army. Most likely they move them to another unit for out-processing.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-26-2016 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-26-2016, 10:25 AM

118 posts, read 141,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
The people in the military don't have time to play games like that. The best thing to do with losers like this is to get them out as soon as possible. Money and manpower are better spent on those who are able to serve.
They certainly have time. I see dumb sh*t almost on a daily basis just because someone wants to prove a point.

While in Airborne School i got there with two guys i went to basic training and AIT with. After a few days they were "tired of training" and wanted to go home and then on to their duty stations. They quit but guess who was there to pull parachute and drop zone details and then set up for our graduation? They wanted the easy way out but stayed there to watch their peers graduate. Sure its a waste of money but it happens all the time. Thats one example out of many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues