Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 07:41 PM

483 posts, read 631,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBasmati View Post
So what is your opinion of what he wants with me? Do you think he is trying to use me to launder his money?
YES! Please immediately delete and block him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 08:04 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,063,949 times
I think you should stay off of social media. You seem to attract nuts, enjoy a fantasy life here or…who knows. I’ve never seem one person with so many claims. I’m sure there are many more but this was a two minute review of your silliness.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...you-judge.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/coas...e-records.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...r-opinion.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ld-you-do.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ould-help.html

Old 07-23-2021, 09:50 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,532,589 times
Quote:
So what is your opinion of what he wants with me? Do you think he is trying to use me to launder his money?
He/she/they want to gain your confidence. Once they have your trust, they attempt to pull off a well orchestrated scam. This has been going on for decades. The internet has enabled them to reach out worldwide with just a wifi connection.

Read some of the stories here:https://www.419eater.com/

I'm sure this person also loves you & can't wait to hold you in his arms.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,334,689 times
Quote:
I made a friend through Facebook, who is in Yemen, with the Military. We have been friends for over a month, and he will be returning to the USA in two months. He asked me, if I could do him a favor. He stated that he is paid in Yemen money, and that he cannot get a bank in the USA that he can do business with until he returns home. He claims that he has no money to be able to buy anything there, and because he is in the frontline fighting, he is not allowed to leave the base.

All the money he has been paid through the Military, and he has been myriad of years with them, is in different countries currency. He wants me to say that I am his wife, and receive the money at my home, for him. He mentioned that the United Nations Department, will bring it to me directly to my home, and that all I have to do is accept it.

I have not given him my ultimate decision because I do not know much about Military Laws, or currency from other countries. Is that considered Money Laundering? Can I be arrested for it? How will that affect me directly with the Internal Revenue Service, in the USA, since my name, address, and telephone number will have to be provided before hand. I have never been involved with the Law in any way. I am a law-abiding citizen, and want to make sure, if what he wants me to do is legal, and if I can be prosecuted for it. Thank you for your help. And have a great day.
OMG this is a SCAM. If he is in the US Military he is paid in US Dollars. I PROMISE!!!!!!!! He would still be using whatever his US Bank Account was in the US, and there are specific US Banks that work with the military (USAA, Navy Federal, etc). He is lying through his teeth. This is a SCAM!!!!!

The United Nations will not hand deliver money to anyone. That is Ludacris. This is not how it works.

I've not heard of this specific scam before, but my guess is that the next step is going to be that they can't deliver the money in person, and instead are going to deposit it. You give him an account number, someone deposits money, you mail a check or buy a gift card and give him the number, and then they reverse the deposit on the funds and you are screwed.

Stop talking to him. He's a liar and a scammer. There is nothing remotely even logical about this scenario.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:00 AM

11,138 posts, read 9,773,353 times
Don't be this persons money mule. It's a crime.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:49 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,237,467 times
Quote:
I made a friend through Facebook, who is in Yemen, with the Military. We have been friends for over a month, and he will be returning to the USA in two months. He asked me, if I could do him a favor. He stated that he is paid in Yemen money, and that he cannot get a bank in the USA that he can do business with until he returns home. He claims that he has no money to be able to buy anything there, and because he is in the frontline fighting, he is not allowed to leave the base.

All the money he has been paid through the Military, and he has been myriad of years with them, is in different countries currency. He wants me to say that I am his wife, and receive the money at my home, for him. He mentioned that the United Nations Department, will bring it to me directly to my home, and that all I have to do is accept it.

I have not given him my ultimate decision because I do not know much about Military Laws, or currency from other countries. Is that considered Money Laundering? Can I be arrested for it? How will that affect me directly with the Internal Revenue Service, in the USA, since my name, address, and telephone number will have to be provided before hand. I have never been involved with the Law in any way. I am a law-abiding citizen, and want to make sure, if what he wants me to do is legal, and if I can be prosecuted for it. Thank you for your help. And have a great day.

What you should do is report him to the FBI. Let them tell you what to do.

NEVER believe a story like that. The military doesn't operate like that.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:23 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Greetings, I first enlisted in 1976. I retired from Active Duty in the US Navy in 2001. I have some familiarity with how the US military works.

Quote:
... He stated that he is paid in Yemen money,
In Basic Training each recruit is required to establish a US bank account for our pay to go into.
Through the 70's, 80's and into the 90's Servicemembers had the option to be paid in cash. In the early 90's our enlistment contracts were changed so that now as a condition of our contract we are required to use Direct-Deposit. Our pay goes directly into a US bank. We get our money from a US bank or credit union.

Quote:
... He wants me to say that I am his wife
Do not lie for this person.

Quote:
... Can I be arrested for it?
Maybe.

Quote:
... I am a law-abiding citizen, and want to make sure, if what he wants me to do is legal, and if I can be prosecuted for it. Thank you for your help. And have a great day.
This individual is trying to run some kind of a scam on you.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,358,943 times
I’d like to know what unit he’s with and what base he is deployed to in Yemen.

I guarantee you I’m gonna get a good laugh when you tell me what he said.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:09 PM

300 posts, read 238,961 times
Default Jasmine Basmati

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
I think you should stay off of social media. You seem to attract nuts, enjoy a fantasy life here or…who knows. I’ve never seem one person with so many claims. I’m sure there are many more but this was a two minute review of your silliness.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...you-judge.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/coas...e-records.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...r-opinion.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ld-you-do.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ould-help.html
This happens to me because I am on F/B PUBLIC.......becaue i wanted to meet people men and women from different countries, but not scammers......

Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Quote:

Why do you keep posting your post on other forums? This is the fifth forum. Are you wanting to hear an answer you want to hear? We could write scam with all caps…SCAM. Or what’s next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues