Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 PM

39 posts, read 94,690 times

Advertisements

hello everybody.. I don't know whether you can help me out or give me any anwsers, cause it's just that like I told before as I recall that my fiance is in military too..only the thing is that I havent 't heard from him since 4 weeks and this week he supossed to come over to see me( cause of my birthday the 17th , a few days ago , and after celebrating my b-day we were supposed to go on holiday together as planned..and it's really strange that he didn't even call to say he isn't coming anymore or whatsoever, called him ofcourse,left messages etc so I am a very much worried now,something bad might happened...even though there has been times that I haven't heard from him before, like once and a while cause of his work, I have never had a real reason to be concerned although ofcourse I always pray for his safety and safe coming back but now I heard about the snowstorms in the US and we haven't been connected for such a long time and he always keeps his word . I truelly don't understand what could have happened cause there's nobody who can inform me if something happens to him , does anybody have any advice how I can solve this or how I can find out whether something has happened to him? I am really worried you see..and I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this cause I don't know what to do? He 's placed at Ft Bragg and if you need any info you might need to be able to help me out ,please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 08:56 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,393,925 times
I always worry about all our service members and pray for their safety. Your fiance is included but, as you know, the movement of all troops and equipment is always classified. If there were any problem, you would have heard by now. Your best bet is to contact his duty station and ask them. They will have someone available who can tell you the information as best as is allowed. Best of luck!

Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,698,878 times
Not sure of your relationship with the soldier i.e. length of time, familiarity with his relatives, etc. Possibly you could contact his parents or siblings. Also I noted you are in Europe, therefore I assume he is in a unit either in Iraq or Afghanistan. Your other option is to contact his unit at Ft. Bragg.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Not sure of your relationship with the soldier i.e. length of time, familiarity with his relatives, etc. Possibly you could contact his parents or siblings. Also I noted you are in Europe, therefore I assume he is in a unit either in Iraq or Afghanistan. Your other option is to contact his unit at Ft. Bragg.
We are 3 months engaged now,we met,fell in love at first sight and he asked me to marry him..got engaged and because I am in Europe and he is in the US we can't see eachother a lot but he promissed me that he was coming to see me and we also descided to introduce one to each other's family, we have pictures of eachother families and stuff but I haven't met them yet..and never thought that I already would ever need to contact them ..I have to contact Ft Bragg..although I am really afraid cause I don't know what to expect.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
I always worry about all our service members and pray for their safety. Your fiance is included but, as you know, the movement of all troops and equipment is always classified. If there were any problem, you would have heard by now. Your best bet is to contact his duty station and ask them. They will have someone available who can tell you the information as best as is allowed. Best of luck!
really all I want to know if he is safe ..thank you for your best wishes

Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM

I want to thank everybody for reading this and the ones who actually reply and try to help me ,.. appreciate it sooooo much with whole my heart, You are already a big help by just replying and advicing me what to do and so on.. cause I really feel lost now.. I truelly don't know how to explain this, but I will not bother you with my feelings .. you know I tried to call this number but wasn't able to get connected or at least I didn't get through..looked it up on the internet ,not sure if it's the right number to dial..Army community service : 910-396-8682 and the Base operator : 910-396-0011

still thank you very much everyone!! I ll keep trying and please feel free to remind me of whatever is needed to know..

Old 12-21-2008, 03:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,121,973 times
Can you contact a Military chaplains office? I don't know for sure that they could help you, but you could try it.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:25 AM

756 posts, read 2,222,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelican View Post
hello everybody.. I don't know whether you can help me out or give me any anwsers, cause it's just that like I told before as I recall that my fiance is in military too..only the thing is that I havent 't heard from him since 4 weeks and this week he supossed to come over to see me( cause of my birthday the 17th , a few days ago , and after celebrating my b-day we were supposed to go on holiday together as planned..and it's really strange that he didn't even call to say he isn't coming anymore or whatsoever, called him ofcourse,left messages etc so I am a very much worried now,something bad might happened...even though there has been times that I haven't heard from him before, like once and a while cause of his work, I have never had a real reason to be concerned although ofcourse I always pray for his safety and safe coming back but now I heard about the snowstorms in the US and we haven't been connected for such a long time and he always keeps his word . I truelly don't understand what could have happened cause there's nobody who can inform me if something happens to him , does anybody have any advice how I can solve this or how I can find out whether something has happened to him? I am really worried you see..and I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this cause I don't know what to do? He 's placed at Ft Bragg and if you need any info you might need to be able to help me out ,please let me know.

Engaged 3 months? Surely if something had happened to him, his family would have contacted you. 4 weeks is a long time to go without an email/phone call/text message and even overseas there would be ways of contacting you in that time frame.

I think its a case of cold feet. Sorry : crying:

Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM

9,329 posts, read 16,698,878 times
You might try 1-910-396-8683. Another option is through the American Red Cross.

I don't like to say it, but he could have found someone else or didn't mean everything he said. If you know the family name and location in the states, you might try to reach them.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Engaged 3 months? Surely if something had happened to him, his family would have contacted you. 4 weeks is a long time to go without an email/phone call/text message and even overseas there would be ways of contacting you in that time frame.

I think its a case of cold feet. Sorry : crying:
don't be sorry..cause maybe you are right, it is just I can't live with myself without knowing that I haven't done everything in my power to find out if that's right or not..at the end times fly by and things will turn out the way they suppose to, for now it is just hard for me to let go .. I still think what if..truelly I have heard all the "move on" speeches , still I would accept it if I knew that all it was cold feet and lies than that really something bad happened to him.. maybe it is difficult to understand , I don't know, it is just the way I am ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues