Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,326,463 times

Advertisements

As to the above post, there are still privacy issues when married... as you said, he had no right to your bank account.

What if he were curious about your job? Would you be ok with him looking at your personnel records at your company without your knowledge?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,580,646 times
It sounds like there may have been many reasons he could have gotten masted. Cheating is a UCMJ punishable offense. You said he drove drunk. Another one. He parties a lot, there is a high possability of getting into trouble.

Ok so you know he got demoted, what now?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM

13 posts, read 27,627 times
Just to make it clear I did not illegally obtain this information in no way, shape or form. I simply took a few breaths, cleared my mind, and used my head a little bit and remember where I had accessed them in previous years. Him and I have always had an open relationship prior to the start of his downhill spiral. To this day if he had access to my personnel files would I care? No. I am an exemplary employee that have nothing to hide. I did not lose thousands of dollars in pay which then puts the burden on him to take care OUR joint debt. So I am still not buying this whole privacy issue when it comes to this matter specifically. He had full disclosure of the account that was in my name. The account was created for one purpose and one purpose only which was agreed upon by us both for years, and that was to pay joint debt. I have nothing to hide in that account, so is it *my* private account…no I do not consider it that. However, by taking moenies unbeknownst to me he made it impossible for me to pay certain household bills, so yes I take issue with that. I also take issue with a bank that would allow someone un-named on an account to use an account number/routing number to take money out. That would mean there is a way for any one you write a check to, to transfer money out of your account. Does that help you sleep at night? Think not.

I am in the process of finding a lawyer. Thanks for the comments.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:37 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need2knowplz View Post
So I am still not buying this whole privacy issue when it comes to this matter specifically.
They are not "his" records. They are the governments records about him.

Good luck with everything. Sounds like you are getting hosed.

I second the opinion about using a base lawyer.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:10 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
What-ever. You BEST get some COMPETENT legal advice, REAL SOON! Be very sure your lawyer KNOWS about military regulations, and, again, be VERY careful what you post on the internet and in emails. Such posts CAN be found, and CAN be introduced in court. Privacy issues are VERY important in today's world. Be VERY sure you haven't committed any violations of your estranged husband's rights. If you have, there is a good chance he can sue you for civil rights violations, and he could very well win.
You seem to have a LOT of anger towards him, and you seem to want to be involved in all aspects of his life. Unless his demotion affects payments of alimony or support or child support, it is none of your business. Actually, if you make more than he does, HE can ask the court for support from YOU, and he just might get it!
Be VERY careful. When you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is QUIT DIGGING!
Get competent legal advice. It might even be a good idea to print out this thread and show it to your attorney so he/she knows what you have been telling the world about your private affairs, and your estranged husbands private business. Attorneys don't LIKE surprises!

Old 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
okay let me play devils adovocate here and say that none of us knows what really happened here nor are we likely to ever know what happened so I am going to tell you to just get some competant legal council and see what they say . are you in the process of getting a divorce or are you just thinking about it ? if so are you legally seperated ? if not that is the first thing you should do is get a legal seperation believe me when i tell you it will make all the difference to the judge hearing your case and on the husband rank thing, will his co talk to you ? If he will then talk to him and maybe he can tell you why he was demoted . I wish you all the luck in the world divorce is not easy on anybody especially difficult in the military . good luck dear .

Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM

470 posts, read 1,841,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What-ever. You BEST get some COMPETENT legal advice, REAL SOON! Be very sure your lawyer KNOWS about military regulations, and, again, be VERY careful what you post on the internet and in emails. Such posts CAN be found, and CAN be introduced in court. Privacy issues are VERY important in today's world. Be VERY sure you haven't committed any violations of your estranged husband's rights. If you have, there is a good chance he can sue you for civil rights violations, and he could very well win.
You seem to have a LOT of anger towards him, and you seem to want to be involved in all aspects of his life. Unless his demotion affects payments of alimony or support or child support, it is none of your business. Actually, if you make more than he does, HE can ask the court for support from YOU, and he just might get it!
Be VERY careful. When you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is QUIT DIGGING!
Get competent legal advice. It might even be a good idea to print out this thread and show it to your attorney so he/she knows what you have been telling the world about your private affairs, and your estranged husbands private business. Attorneys don't LIKE surprises!
well said .

Last edited by thechappells; 01-15-2009 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: corrections

Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,405 times
You got your answer...There is no way to find out find without breaking the law and you were motivated to find a lawyer...I checked your other posts and you're selling your house with pictures of it...I'd strongly recommend PMing a mod or admin to delete this thread...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM

756 posts, read 2,218,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
How long have you been separated? That date, to me, looks like Jan. 5,'08. And don't worry about usmc. There's one like that in every crowd.
One like what? Care to elaborate?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM

13 posts, read 27,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
You got your answer...There is no way to find out find without breaking the law and you were motivated to find a lawyer...I checked your other posts and you're selling your house with pictures of it...I'd strongly recommend PMing a mod or admin to delete this thread...
I suggest you double-check my post. I am NOT selling my property. There is another posted selling and I know two couples moving into that area and left a post for the seller. AGAIN IT IS NOT MY PROPERTY. I have no idea where that property is even located specifically just the city. SO I really have no idea what you are talking about.

Second you are WRONG there is a way and it does not require breaking the law. I did speak with someone involved in military law and how I attained my information is 100% legal. So please get off the whole illegal thing. As if I broke into some secret vault?!?! This is just getting absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully the moderator will close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.