Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:30 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,455,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
The odd part about this is all non-offensive tattoos on the hands are allowed, roundball pointed out this reg...

Tattoos are 100% based on opinion...I personally do not like them on a girls arm, hand or neck...Most anywhere else I consider tolerable...That's just my opinion
That's what "IMO" means! Tatoos are getting a better rep in todays younger world. When I was growing up, a man with alot of foreign tattos meant he was a world traveler and in the navy. The only tatoos today that really bug the bejesus out of me are the ones these guys and girls are getting on the sides and backs of their necks.

But like Crew chief says..times are changing but seem the same, just a different generation of fads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 PM

709 posts, read 2,181,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
My daughter let some idiot put the tattoo needle on her hand at her thumb so she could feel what a tattoo would feel like-

leaving a cluster of little black dots

She swore into the Army yesterday but was told to have 'the tattoo' removed before she shipped out for basic training.

Anyone have any ideas? She says to just get a tattoo guy to put white or peach on top of the dots- will this work?

(and of course- the tattoo guy wasn't the only idiot in the room)
My son has tattoos and before the Army would do anything they took pictures and submitted forms to the Recruting Center for approval.

If you daughter has already sign the papers, she doesn't need to worry about a few dots on her thumb.

My son before he went to see the recruter.

yeah they let him in with those.

Last edited by roger6087; 01-18-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-22-2009, 05:40 AM

403 posts, read 1,190,465 times
AF regs says they can't cover more than 25% of a body part while visible. The other services may be a bit more lenient.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
AF regs says they can't cover more than 25% of a body part while visible. The other services may be a bit more lenient.
Unfortunately, it's not set in stone...A commander can deem any tattoo "inappropriate" simply because they have think any visual tattoo in a shorts sleeve PT/blues uniform is not professional looking...A very low percentage of commanders will bark at anything on your forearm, some will think tribal is ok, but a flaming skull isn't...etc...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Spot on...

Long shot, perhaps your daughter just told you she was told that as she wanted a peach but thought you'd disapprove?
No sweetie, I think she meant peach/flesh color ink over the black, not an actual peach tattoo, lol!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 AM

541 posts, read 985,134 times
tell them they have to pay for it if they want it removed,they apparently knew it was there beforehand,so,either take it or leave it.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,969 times
Default YOU ARE CRAZY!! Tattoo removal is horrible & expensive!

I am responding to the person that said "Otherwise, tattoo removal is relatively easy nowadays." You are SEVERELY mistaken.!!

My daughter was sworn in to the Air Force and is leaving for basic 4/28. You are supposed to go in for a (2 minute) session once a month until the tattoo is gone. Hers is only 1/2 " by 1 1/2" behind her ear, on her neck. She had a new tattoo artist, so he probably didn't go through all 8 layers of skin like really good artists, so we thought this would work better. She was quoted $1,200 to have it removed - 6 sessions. She has had 3 sessions and it is probably 50% gone. However, she has gone in every 2 weeks, because there is not enough time before she goes to basic. It's not going to be gone in time, unless a miracle happens and she is VERY upset. It's not an easy process, and is painful and looks REALLY GROSS!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,430,439 times
yeah thats because they let anyone into the military these days

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myssatx View Post
You FAIL!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
You're kidding, right? The U.S. military has been pretty picky about who they've been letting in lately from what I've seen. I know plenty of people who have tried or are trying to get into one branch or another and still can't get in (due to any number of things like physical health, mental health, medications, backgrounds, ect).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues