Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 78,361 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Milwaukee!!! I am extremely excited and eager to begin planning even though it will be several months before the big move. I've never even been there or to the Midwest for that matter - born and raised on the West Coast.

I have heard so many great things about Milwaukee's Zoo and Museums. I was wondering about season passes and such. Can you get a family pass that encompasses the Zoo as well as some of the museums or do you need to do it all separately? I have 2 young boys and we are really looking forward to spending LOTS of time at these places.

Any info would be great - THANKS!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Congrats! It is certainly always exciting to move to an area. Overall, I think you'll really enjoy Milwaukee - the Milwaukee metro area - it is quite nice, and certainly quite high on "quality of life" type things in comparison to the west coast (cost of housing / cost of living / traffic / access, etc.).

However, buy plenty of winter clothes! Have you ever had a real winter before? If not, brace yourself! 99-inches of snow thus far this winter in the Milwaukee area (that is usually well out of the norm, however, the average winters still do bring roughly 50 inches of snow and bouts of cold). Other than that though, hopefully things will work well for you!

At any event, I can't really answer your questions (sorry), however, you might want to see these links:

Welcome to the Milwaukee County Zoo

Milwaukee Public Museum

These should be able to answer your questions. The zoo here is quite nice, and the museum, while having had some real financial difficulties of late, is actually quite nice too - both underratedly good gems for a mid-sized midwestern city.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim-e-lou View Post
We're moving to Milwaukee!!! I am extremely excited and eager to begin planning even though it will be several months before the big move. I've never even been there or to the Midwest for that matter - born and raised on the West Coast.

I have heard so many great things about Milwaukee's Zoo and Museums. I was wondering about season passes and such. Can you get a family pass that encompasses the Zoo as well as some of the museums or do you need to do it all separately? I have 2 young boys and we are really looking forward to spending LOTS of time at these places.

Any info would be great - THANKS!

I believe you have to buy passes separately, but you'll be able to get family passes for the zoo for sure & I think the public museum as well. Too bad you can't come now, we have the exhibit Body World at the museum until June, very cool. The zoo is great also, they've redone the big cat exhibit & the ape exhibit...our zoo is known for the work they do w/bonobos. By the time you get here, the Domes remodeling should be done, you should enjoy that as well. Your kids will like the Discovery World down by the lake, it's a new aquarium & interactive facility. There's a lot of fun stuff to do here, especially in the summer, there are festivals almost every weekend...lots of fireworks. And yes, you'll definitely need clothes for colder weather & make sure you learn how to drive in snow Welcome!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:51 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,281 times
Yeah the fire works on the 3rd of July are off the chain.
And the art museum on the lake is nice
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...waukee/art.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/IMGP0050.jpg

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: since these pics aren't yours (as stated below), they're copyrighted... use links instead

Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM

151 posts, read 705,513 times
The Milwaukee County Zoo is awesome and you can get a family season pass that includes parking for under $100 (I think..or at least close!). We loved going to the zoo...one thing I really miss living here in Reno. The pass is great with young ones because you can stay for as long or as little as they dictate and you don't feel as if you have wasted money if you leave after an hour or so. Have fun and say "Hi" to the badger and polar bears for us!!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:32 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Nice pictures

Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 AM

762 posts, read 1,596,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Nice pictures
i found it on photobucket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee