Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times

Advertisements

Wow, tax dollars were used to build this stadium... But we have a visitor who will come into town to spend their money on gas and tickets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
Is the metro parking at the MoA secure? (I figure it is...but I have to ask).
Technically you can't park at MOA to take the Lightrail. With a night game, I would park at one of the Rail stop parking lots because if you get back to MOA after closing, your car may get towed. There are a couple large lots near MOA. Personally I would park at one of the VA lots to expedite your trip into Minneapolis. If you are still planning on staying at one of the hotels right near MOA, you can probably walk over to a light rail stop and leave your car at the hotel.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
Thank you for that info golfgal. I would have hated to come back and find it towed!

My hotel has a shuttle to MOA, so I'll just rely on that. Or take the light rail from the next stop up.

You all have been very helpful. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
Quote:
Thank you for that info golfgal. I would have hated to come back and find it towed!

My hotel has a shuttle to MOA, so I'll just rely on that. Or take the light rail from the next stop up.

You all have been very helpful. Thanks!
Make sure you verify what time that shuttle stops running before you plan on taking that back to your hotel though.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
If you don't get on at the MOA, you will be standing with a progressively more and more compressed mass of bodies for the 30 - 35 minute trip downtown and back. The difference in fare between the light rail and parking across the street from Target Field at one of the A-B-C ramps is less than $10.

ABC Ramps - Rates (http://www.abc-ramps.com/rates.aspx - broken link)

Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
How do the parking rates work at the ABC ramps if I get there at Noon?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
How do the parking rates work at the ABC ramps if I get there at Noon?
Their rate schedule indicated $13 for Twins games, I called and specificallly asked about parking at noon for a weekday evening Twins game and was told $13. The one issue with these ramps is exiting can be a bit of a pain as the streets in the immediate area become congested for a half or so after the game. Stroll over to Sneaky Petes (or one of the other lively watering holes) for a beverage and wait for the traffic to die out. It will take you a good 15 minutes or more waiting for an available light rail car for the journey back out towards Bloomington.

You could also park at the LaSalle Court Ramp for $5 after 4 pm which is 1 block from Hennepin and a 10 minute walk from the Plaza. There are plenty of free and parking meter spots in the residential area on the side streets between Hennepin and Hawthorne (between 15th and 10th streets) that you could park at once you get downtown, and before you move to the ramp at 4 pm.

Minnesota Twins Parking | Park near Target Field | Park and Shop

http://www.mplsparking.com/includes/multi_space_map.pdf

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
Last time I checked, there is no Park and Ride lot at the VA. The VA will have the car towed. You would want to use the Fort Snelling Park and Ride lot, or the 28th Ave Park and Ride garage in Bloomington.

Or, as others have suggested, park at a lot or ramp several blocks away for significantly less than the huge A, B, and C ramps adjacent to Target Field/Target Center. OTOH, $13 isn't that bad if you can afford it, and they are the easiest ramps to find and use while in the area.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times
If you REALLY want to do it on the cheap, park for free on one of the side streets off University Ave. between Hwy 280 and Dinkytown, then jump one of the Minneapolis-bound Route 16 buses on University. These are safe neighborhoods to leave the car (but watch for signs restricting parking on some blocks), and the bus will get you there in 15 minutes or better, dropping you off right at Target Field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul