Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

326 posts, read 872,095 times

Advertisements

@DoveWing:

Firstly, your sample size was almost certainly insufficient to reach a statistically significant result.

Secondly, your observations are almost certainly colored by personal bias.

Thirdly, it was hopelessly obvious that you were trolling. The only way you would get serious responses is if someone didn't read your post. By your logic, I suppose Minnesotans must be better educated than other Americans, because they meet the basic literacy standards necessary to recognize a non-serious thread. But I prefer to rely on studies with legitimate methodologies and statistical analysis.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,713,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveWing View Post
Thank you to all that replied!

This post was created as part of a study for my class. We were told to put up similar posts on random forums - in key business markets around the country to get reactions from the masses.

When this was posted in business friendly areas (low taxes, right to work, etc) like major metro areas in AZ, FL, TX, TN, SC, etc, there was a far better rate of reply.
I looked at the forums for Phoenix, Tampa, Dallas, Nashville, and Charleston. There is no similar post in any of these forums. What's your game, DoveWing? Just ordinary trolling? And are you using the junior high school's computers for this, 'cause that'll get you in real trouble with your mom.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
does this mean we won't be sacking the homes of those bourgeois pigs?
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2011, 02:10 PM

10 posts, read 21,602 times
It's not that people in Minneapolis are afraid to speak up, it's that you were immediately call out as a joke and a troll. That's what happens when you troll in a forum that is frequented by residents of a state that is consistently rated in the top 10 most educated states.

But don't worry your time has not been wasted, there is a lesson here. It would seem that the states you mention, AZ,TX,TN,SC and FL, people are quick to believe what they read or hear without questioning it. While people in Minneapolis questioned you in the first post and other's started to research crime reports.
Now imagine there was a 27/7 news outlet, let's call it "Faux News" where "we deceive, you believe" and their sole purpose was to promote a right wing agenda while trying to disguise themselves as a news channel. The people who run this "news channel" could use your research to know that states like AZ,TX,TN,SC and FL can easily be manipulated into voting against their own economic and social interests just because their told too without questioning it.

Wait a minute, I think that already happened. I think you should try to get a refund on your tuition.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveWing View Post
Thank you to all that replied!

This post was created as part of a study for my class. We were told to put up similar posts on random forums - in key business markets around the country to get reactions from the masses.

When this was posted in business friendly areas (low taxes, right to work, etc) like major metro areas in AZ, FL, TX, TN, SC, etc, there was a far better rate of reply. More importantly those replies would immediately condemn the liberal entitlement mindset. Points such as when I stated that the brother in-law was working as a junk salvage person but still collecting unemployment benefits were immediately pointed out, since this is fraud.

In areas like Minneapolis people are either to afraid to speak out against this persons illegal actions and entitled mindset, or sadly support it. I'm leaning towards the latter given that very few states have a higher income tax rate (only HI, OR, and those making more than $1M annually in CA and NY), proving a liberal war against business and those that have created large asset base for themselves.

CNBC recently named MN the very worst state to do business in. The ironic part is many of the residents truly can't understand this because yes - many large companies were founded in MN and continue doing business even claiming MN as their home. However, most - if not all of these companies were founded here when the tax rate was a mere fraction of what it is today and certainly continue to operate here because profits made doing business in other states, are taxed in that state (i.e. Best Buy, Polaris, Target, etc) not here in MN. Manufacturing industry jobs are becoming extinct because this type of industry is generally taxed where the wholesale - sale is made (MN). In addition, the unfair union practices and inflated wages they create have chased others out as well.
So, breaking and entering is part of the liberal mindset?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul