Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,182,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I don't blame him. He was born in Portland and went to school at UCLA.
So? Portland is great and all but the Twin Cities don't exactly suck. I can think of at least 20 NBA cities that I wouldn't want to live in before Minneapolis if I were a player. What I don't understand is why we draft people who have this kind of attitude to begin with -- whether they're "pro" or "con" Twin Cities.

I heard a blip on the radio here in Cleveland where I currently live that Kevin Love said he would have no problems playing for the Cavaliers.......if they signed Lebron to a contract. So regardless of what he's said, it sounds like he's more interested in jumping on a winning team's bandwagon than finding that "it" city where he can get his sun tan and part until 6 in the morning on a Tuesday. But then again, the radio isn't exactly the most reliable source for news, and it wasn't quoted/sourced....

Why don't we just let the players band together and reform new teams in the cities they want to play in? So then only cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and San Francisco would have teams, and all of the teams would be loaded to the gills with talent formed by players who "just want to win" instead of digging their feet into the ground and investing their time and effort and dedication to the city/team that drafted them on Draft Day.

You'd think these punks would be grateful for a.) having the privilege to play in the NBA, b.) being chosen by a team to do so, and c.) having money they would have NEVER achieved in the working world as a result!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 AM

573 posts, read 1,049,611 times
Glenn Robinson is better than lavine so that is good newa

Old 06-30-2014, 11:10 PM

413 posts, read 763,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Why don't we just let the players band together and reform new teams in the cities they want to play in? So then only cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and San Francisco would have teams, and all of the teams would be loaded to the gills with talent formed by players who "just want to win" instead of digging their feet into the ground and investing their time and effort and dedication to the city/team that drafted them on Draft Day.
That's basically what the NBA is. Once again, because of the small roster size, it's easy for players to collude to play where they want to, which leads to more of a haves and have nots system than any other sport, including baseball, which has no hard salary cap.

And as far as Love goes, he comes from a line of petulant twits. His father Stan was a jerk, and his uncle Mike might be the biggest jerk in the history of popular music. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:21 AM

137 posts, read 225,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Absolutely. I'm tired of watching the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, Warriors, and Clippers win the championship every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsid View Post
That's basically what the NBA is. Once again, because of the small roster size, it's easy for players to collude to play where they want to, which leads to more of a haves and have nots system than any other sport, including baseball, which has no hard salary cap.
First, everybody whines when a player signs a huge contract. They say, "He should have taken less money to be on a better team." So, he does that. Then they say, "No fair! The players are colluding to make certain teams better than others!" Which one do you want? I know. You want the one where a player takes less money than he could earn elsewhere to play on a losing team in Minnesota.

Kevin Love- and most other NBA players- would rather play on a well-managed and competitive team in Erie, PA than a team run by Glen Taylor.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 AM

Kevin love doesn't bring us to the playoffs. Maybe he really is not as good as people think. His defense is horrible so if he scored 25 points in a night the opposing power forward would probably score the same.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,182,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_shackleford View Post
Absolutely. I'm tired of watching the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, Warriors, and Clippers win the championship every year.

I can tell you got the gist of what I was saying...

"CITIES" was the key word, as in popular cities where players prefer to live.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Kevin Love is trash. Who cares if the dude scores 27 points if he gives up 35 point to the other team's PF.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Wolves should have taken Boston's players and the 6th and 17th pick. Now we have less leverage by the day.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:37 PM

464 posts, read 802,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
Kevin love doesn't bring us to the playoffs. Maybe he really is not as good as people think. His defense is horrible so if he scored 25 points in a night the opposing power forward would probably score the same.
Not trying to defend K-Love, but to be fair, horrible defense is pretty typical for the NBA these days.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:54 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,060,613 times
If anyone is interested, the Timberwolves have a free public scrimmage on July 9 at Target Center. Since i'm off work that night (I work overnights starting at 10pm) I am going!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wolves-...lves-home-page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul