Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times

Advertisements

Kare11.com just updated their website...it's the leading story AGAIN. The reward has increased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 PM

520 posts, read 776,295 times
Maybe the media is only paying attention now because the police have identified his father (who I assume is African-American) as a suspect.

Anyone can see what the racist Minnesota media is up to. They don't care about black victims, but they LOVE to talk about black suspects. That's the only reason that this is front page news now.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
I believe the father is African-African-American

Old 03-26-2015, 06:04 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,714,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestRedux View Post
Maybe the media is only paying attention now because the police have identified his father (who I assume is African-American) as a suspect.

Anyone can see what the racist Minnesota media is up to. They don't care about black victims, but they LOVE to talk about black suspects. That's the only reason that this is front page news now.
It's been well established that the media covered this story from the start.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:17 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:

Give it a rest. This story has been leading the local news daily since day 1.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
It has now been six days since a 10 year old African American boy from Crystal went missing. I noticed a small inside page article about his disappearance in the Strib on day three which was the first news account I noticed. I thought at time that this was a big deal and wondered why the news was so downplayed by the media. Then yesterday, on day five, the local TV news outlets had their first significant reports. As far as I could tell, they had largely ignored it until then.

Had this had been a 10 year old blond girl from Eden Prairie, I'm certain there would have been an immediate Amber Alert and massive TV news coverage including desperate and gasping reporting from Esme Murphy.

Many times the parents are the ones that raise the visibility to the media to get additional attention. If the father had something to do with it, maybe he didn't look to the media's help for his son because he already knew where he was.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM

520 posts, read 776,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
It's been well established that the media covered this story from the start.
Sorry, I'm guilty of trolling. Sarcasm doesn't project well over the internet.

I will stop perpetuating this ridiculous thread. Yesterday I saw two very prominent, lit up billboards near downtown with this young man's face on them offering a $12,000 reward. I turned on the news and saw this story. The local news I receive on Twitter is dominated by this story. I couldn't help but think of the OPs premise and the couple of people who were all too eager to chime in and say, "Yup, probably racism." and "Welcome to America."

This is a very sad case that I fear will have a tragic ending. It offends me on a basic human level that people are using this as a means to stir up racial controversy when there is absolutely no evidence of a racial component to this story or the way its been reported.

Given the backdrop of recent national events, it is not only unwarranted, but downright irresponsible to start throwing around the race card. The irony in all of this is that I suspect the reason that the OP thought about questioning a racial motive in the alleged lack of attention this case has gotten is because of the amount of attention that cases with an alleged racial component have gotten.

I think someone's reticular activator was the culprit behind this thread.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:34 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,714,614 times
Quote:

I will stop perpetuating this ridiculous thread. Yesterday I saw two very prominent, lit up billboards near downtown with this young man's face on them offering a $12,000 reward. I turned on the news and saw this story. The local news I receive on Twitter is dominated by this story. I couldn't help but think of the OPs premise and the couple of people who were all too eager to chime in and say, "Yup, probably racism." and "Welcome to America."

This is a very sad case that I fear will have a tragic ending. It offends me on a basic human level that people are using this as a means to stir up racial controversy when there is absolutely no evidence of a racial component to this story or the way its been reported.

Given the backdrop of recent national events, it is not only unwarranted, but downright irresponsible to start throwing around the race card. The irony in all of this is that I suspect the reason that the OP thought about questioning a racial motive in the alleged lack of attention this case has gotten is because of the amount of attention that cases with an alleged racial component have gotten.

Doh! My mistake! The same thing has happened to me a number of times. We are on the same page on this thread.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:07 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Quote:

Very well said.

This poor boy,our fellow human being, he is or had gone through some horrible events.
Poor sweatheart.

Race ignorance.....it reared its ugly head in this story.
A sign of a bigger picture of the woes racial crap is getting to.
Fault from all colors.

Back to the boy.........sending prayers for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul